Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Allergies

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
 Topic moved: from Politics & Current Affairs to Random Banter by EuropeanNC30Rider (9 Oct 2006 - 01:14)
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:23 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Allergies Reply with quote

Working yesterday and the subject of allergies came up.
Whilst talking about it an order come up with 'No peas anywhere'
I rang down, and the person is 'alergic' to peas.
Ive never heard of this, or is it because they just didnt want them on there plate!
We get the normal nutt stuff come up, but cant garrentee its nutt free.
My Bro is alergic to strawberrys - I didnt know and once gave him a desert with s/berrys inside. His face wasnt a pretty picture afterwards but we laugh about it now. Thumbs Up

Im also having a prob at the moment. Its been getting worse over the past few weeks. I used L'oreal new face/mask wash and my face started to blister slightly. (just like youve been biten)
Didnt take any notice, untill the next time. So stoped useing it Thumbs Up
Now, everytime i wash bath/shower anything i use makes my face red and blistery for about 30 mins.
Cant be alergic to water and I need a face wash to use. Help Smile

What weird allergies have you heard of ?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien




Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:40 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Allergies Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
Cant be alergic to water


Yes you can, Aquagenous urticaria, when water touches the skin or mucous membranes (like the inside of the mouth) a patient breaks out in a rash and often blisters, if they have a severe response it can lead to anaphylaxis — where airways swell and close.

Less than 30 people in the world with this though.
____________________
02 Firestorm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:55 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sorry Ive heard people are alergic to water (poor sods) but I cant be, I shower all the time.
Its just puzzling me what can be causing this to my face and only since I used that L'oreal crap Twisted Evil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pwntifex
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:02 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
only since I used that L'oreal crap Twisted Evil

Thinking
____________________
the warped one: This is a follow up from the thread 'my willy hurts'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:24 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheat and gluten, not alot left i can eat. I have learned to deal with it anyway.

dont use them face masks! i used one and went all blocthy and i use to use them alot. i think there very strong on your skin. stick to mild stuff.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.


Last edited by Dragonfly on 15:32 - 09 Oct 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:04 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are a mix of 'allergies' and 'intolerances', but Im damned if Im gonna make the two lists, but here goes: eggs, dairy (mainly cow's milk & lactose), saccharin, wheat (but not gluten), some plasters.

My friend is allergic to latex, potato peel, seeds, nuts, silerbirch tree pollen.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mazz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:38 - 10 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try baby washes, I only use baby soaps and things like that because of allergies.

I am allergic to (some) cats, a lot of soap powders (I have to use baby soap flakes), a lot of fabric conditioners and lillies Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:03 - 10 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an allergy to walnuts which makes my face swell and bruise - my OH claims I looked like a panda because of my bruised /black eyes the last time. Rolling Eyes
Also have a problem with apples which I didn't have when I was younger. It usually causes me to vomit soon after I've eaten any. Sick
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:04 - 10 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prawns make me resemble the elephant man.... Thats amusing! Laughing
____________________
Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:06 - 10 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm severely allergic to mosquito bites. Nothing out of the ordinary happens, except wherever I've been bitten swells up. Not like normal peoples, I remember a bad one on my lower leg once which caused the entire right hand side of the leg to swell up, went outwards about 2/3rds of an inch. Sick
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:30 - 11 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girlfriend is allergic to some adhesives. Sellotape or plasters cause bad reactions. If she touches sellotape it makes her sneeze constantly, causes her eyes to water and gives her a headache. She had a ver unpleasant christmas day a couple of years ago after standing on wrapping paper and getting a bit of tape stuck under her foot.
If she puts a sticky plaster on it causes her skin to burn and blister. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.33 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 70.54 Kb