Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Help with a song name!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:56 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Help with a song name! Reply with quote

I've had a song stuck in my head for the last week, ever since it played in the Union bar when I was working. The trouble is I don't know who it's by or what it's called, or any of the lyrics. Brick Wall

All I know is this was released in the early '90s, because I remember my brother singing it. It has a very distinctive introduction with a full boys choir singing. If I could hum the tune, I would. Then all I know of the rest of the song is the chorus intro, which goes 'Yeaaah! ... .... . . . . . .... - Yeaaah!'

It's a proper pop anthem, it's been around for a while. And I need to get it! Laughing

EDIT: I've whistled out the choir introduction for all to hear. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:44 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, It's Take That! Never Forget

I'm ashamed to know this Embarassed
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:38 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it on the PC but can't post it up! Too big!
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:50 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice whistling. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ant
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:23 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribal_tiger wrote:
Erm, It's Take That! Never Forget

I'm ashamed to know this Embarassed



Embarassed Laughing Embarassed
____________________
04 ZX10R ~
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:11 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I've got another. Although you lot are probably to young to know I'll try anyway.

It was about a chap who played cards against the devil. The Devil cheated and won his soul.

Not much to go on and no whistling either I'm afraid.

Band or song name please. Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Parmo Paul
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:45 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

flat spot wrote:
Hey I've got another. Although you lot are probably to young to know I'll try anyway.

It was about a chap who played cards against the devil. The Devil cheated and won his soul.

Not much to go on and no whistling either I'm afraid.

Band or song name please. Confused


Is that not "The devil went down to Georgia" by the Charlie Daniels band?
____________________
paul.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattd
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:30 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey I've got another. Although you lot are probably to young to know I'll try anyway.

It was about a chap who played cards against the devil. The Devil cheated and won his soul.


That sounds like "Spanish Train - Chris de Burgh"

Shifty
____________________
Professional Hobo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:46 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

devil went down to georgia was about a fiddle contest and the guy won so the devil had to give up a golden fiddle!
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

murphyD
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 19 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:48 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It was about a chap who played cards against the devil. The Devil cheated and won his soul.


Quote:
That sounds like "Spanish Train - Chris de Burgh"



It must be The Devil Went Down To Georgia !!
I often sing that when I'm drunk Embarassed

From the mountain run boy run
Devils in the house of the rising sun
Chicken in the bread house picking at doe
From the mountain Go Boy Go

Haha & then I do a dodgy instrumental lol Rolling Eyes
____________________
May your helmets glisten in the sun !!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:59 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is devil went down to georgia. You just got the story wrong!

It's on the soundtrack from Coyote Ugly
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:02 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I know that song and I don't think it's that. I'm sure it was a card game.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

daz|n00by
The Internet



Joined: 11 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:06 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattd is right i belive it is
"Spanish Train - Chris de Burgh"
DWDTG is all about a fiddle contest nothing to do with cards.
____________________
"Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

murphyD
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 19 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:11 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The devil went down to georgia
he was looking for a soul to steal,
he was in a bang & he was way behind ,he was willing to make a deal.
And then he came upon this young man playing a fiddle & making it hot The devil jumped on a hicker stump & said boy let me tell you what.
I guess you didn't know it but I'm a fiddle player to & I bet a fiddle of gold against your soul cause I think I'm better than you.
____________________
May your helmets glisten in the sun !!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

murphyD
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 19 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:30 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It was about a chap who played cards against the devil. The Devil cheated and won his soul.


Oh dear I've got it wrong Embarassed
It is The Spanish Train....

"but I think I'll give you one more chance"
Said the devil with a smile,
"so throw away that stupid lance,
It's really not your style"
"joker is the name, poker is the game,
We'll play right here on this bed,
And then we'll bet for the biggest stakesyet,
The souls of the dead!"
____________________
May your helmets glisten in the sun !!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:23 - 05 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

flat spot wrote:
Nice whistling. Smile


Mr. Green Middle Finger

Thanks for that Tribal, I can finally sleep now. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:02 - 05 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm convinced that they were playing cards and the chap in question thought he had won. But, the Devil played an ace that he had hidden away and won his soul. Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:39 - 05 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uOifkrcGZ8

Rock out! Laughing

Never meet your heroes etc. It's not as good as I remember it being. Still a quality chorus thogh.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 332 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.1 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 97.46 Kb