|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 05:56 - 04 Nov 2006 Post subject: Help with a song name! |
 |
|
I've had a song stuck in my head for the last week, ever since it played in the Union bar when I was working. The trouble is I don't know who it's by or what it's called, or any of the lyrics.
All I know is this was released in the early '90s, because I remember my brother singing it. It has a very distinctive introduction with a full boys choir singing. If I could hum the tune, I would. Then all I know of the rest of the song is the chorus intro, which goes 'Yeaaah! ... .... . . . . . .... - Yeaaah!'
It's a proper pop anthem, it's been around for a while. And I need to get it!
EDIT: I've whistled out the choir introduction for all to hear.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tribal_tiger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tribal_tiger World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:44 - 04 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Erm, It's Take That! Never Forget
I'm ashamed to know this  ____________________ How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tribal_tiger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tribal_tiger World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| flat spot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 flat spot World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Aug 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:50 - 04 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nice whistling.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ant |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ant World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Feb 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:23 - 04 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| flat spot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 flat spot World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Aug 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:11 - 04 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hey I've got another. Although you lot are probably to young to know I'll try anyway.
It was about a chap who played cards against the devil. The Devil cheated and won his soul.
Not much to go on and no whistling either I'm afraid.
Band or song name please.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Parmo Paul |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Parmo Paul Crazy Courier

Joined: 09 Oct 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:45 - 04 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| flat spot wrote: | Hey I've got another. Although you lot are probably to young to know I'll try anyway.
It was about a chap who played cards against the devil. The Devil cheated and won his soul.
Not much to go on and no whistling either I'm afraid.
Band or song name please.  |
Is that not "The devil went down to Georgia" by the Charlie Daniels band? ____________________ paul. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mattd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mattd Scooby Slapper

Joined: 03 Feb 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tribal_tiger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tribal_tiger World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| murphyD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 murphyD Scooby Slapper
Joined: 19 May 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tribal_tiger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tribal_tiger World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| flat spot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 flat spot World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Aug 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| daz|n00by |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 daz|n00by The Internet

Joined: 11 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:06 - 04 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
mattd is right i belive it is
"Spanish Train - Chris de Burgh"
DWDTG is all about a fiddle contest nothing to do with cards. ____________________ "Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| murphyD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 murphyD Scooby Slapper
Joined: 19 May 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| murphyD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 murphyD Scooby Slapper
Joined: 19 May 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 02:23 - 05 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| flat spot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 flat spot World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Aug 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:02 - 05 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm convinced that they were playing cards and the chap in question thought he had won. But, the Devil played an ace that he had hidden away and won his soul.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 19 years, 332 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|