Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Trackday for my 21st

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Iain 123456678
Guest





PostPosted: 13:42 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Trackday for my 21st Reply with quote

Hi all. Sorry I haven't posted in a while but since the accident in March, not really much point. It's my 21st on Aug18th and my folks say they will get me a trackday and bike on or around that day. Thing is, I'm still on my 33bp Licence. Hope they dont mind that I've never driven a 600 before. I had an Nsr125. So I guess all I am asking is, What are your suggestions? And if anyone who does trackdays on a regular basis would likd to come along, i'd love to have some others along. I am looking at www.100pc.co.uk at the moment and hoping I can get on a gsxr600 for the day.

thanks

Iain
 Back to top
You must be logged in to rate posts

iain12345
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 08 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:48 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i rememberd my password, woot!

From north essex btw
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:51 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first every go on a proper bike (big 4st) and you're going on a trackday....insane!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:05 - 20 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go for a 400 is possible.

The whole 'track experience' is a lot different to the road, being on a bike that will probably scare you a bit won't help things.

Ideally try and find someone that would be willing to lend you a 600 to mess about on, on teh road, first.

There's no reason you can't do a trackday on a 125, there was RS125s in the fast group at Lydden!

Snetterton would be a good track to start, but not suited to 125s. Various people on here may well be doing it again later in the year if you're interested.

Have a look at www.biketrackdays.co.uk , some places with cheaper bike hire on there.

[link edited]


Last edited by G on 19:26 - 21 Jul 2003; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iain123456
Guest





PostPosted: 12:22 - 21 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks G, they did offer a vfr400 on 100pc.co.uk

couldn't get trackdays link you gave to work, ah just noticed. TY


Bah, i'm not allowed on a 25kw licence Sad
 Back to top
You must be logged in to rate posts

kev
I Hump Things



Joined: 07 Oct 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:27 - 21 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

all you have yo do is hire my full race tuned kr1s for £100 a day and give me £80 and i will give you a ticket for cadwell park for the 14th august.
____________________
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 21 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they bother to check your licence erstrictions... providing it is a full not a prov, infact last time I went, when I still had my provisional, I just told 'em the test pass was in there, but they didn't check Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 23 years, 81 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.89 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 49.82 Kb