|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Iain 123456678 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Iain 123456678 Guest
|
 Posted: 13:42 - 20 Jul 2003 Post subject: Trackday for my 21st |
 |
|
Hi all. Sorry I haven't posted in a while but since the accident in March, not really much point. It's my 21st on Aug18th and my folks say they will get me a trackday and bike on or around that day. Thing is, I'm still on my 33bp Licence. Hope they dont mind that I've never driven a 600 before. I had an Nsr125. So I guess all I am asking is, What are your suggestions? And if anyone who does trackdays on a regular basis would likd to come along, i'd love to have some others along. I am looking at www.100pc.co.uk at the moment and hoping I can get on a gsxr600 for the day.
thanks
Iain |
|
| Back to top |
| |
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iain12345 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iain12345 Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 08 Sep 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:05 - 20 Jul 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'd go for a 400 is possible.
The whole 'track experience' is a lot different to the road, being on a bike that will probably scare you a bit won't help things.
Ideally try and find someone that would be willing to lend you a 600 to mess about on, on teh road, first.
There's no reason you can't do a trackday on a 125, there was RS125s in the fast group at Lydden!
Snetterton would be a good track to start, but not suited to 125s. Various people on here may well be doing it again later in the year if you're interested.
Have a look at www.biketrackdays.co.uk , some places with cheaper bike hire on there.
[link edited]
Last edited by G on 19:26 - 21 Jul 2003; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iain123456 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iain123456 Guest
|
 Posted: 12:22 - 21 Jul 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
thanks G, they did offer a vfr400 on 100pc.co.uk
couldn't get trackdays link you gave to work, ah just noticed. TY
Bah, i'm not allowed on a 25kw licence  |
|
| Back to top |
| |
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kev |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kev I Hump Things

Joined: 07 Oct 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:37 - 21 Jul 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't think they bother to check your licence erstrictions... providing it is a full not a prov, infact last time I went, when I still had my provisional, I just told 'em the test pass was in there, but they didn't check  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 23 years, 81 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|