|
|
| Author |
Message |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:10 - 01 Dec 2006 Post subject: Bikers log (It's about biking and capturing it on video G) |
 |
|
I had the idea of doing some bike logs, I would ride with on board cam and sound recorder and ride through various conditions you encounter whilst biking everyday. I would commentate along the way and hopefully give some people some more confidence on the road and hopefully learn some new things.
I have a small 2 stroke and a ZX7 so I thought this could appeal to both new and experienced riders.
Do you think this would be a good thing?
What sort of setup could I use to achieve this?
Thanks
Killa ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Stiffler |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Stiffler World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Sep 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:50 - 01 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't think it was Thailand as he was driving on the right and in Thailand they drive on the left like us! It was the far east though although I can't remember which country it was... Oh here's the Vid:
Countersteering Video
I think if done well a guide video could be extreemly useful to new riders.
Tim ____________________ Current Bikes - Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) | BMW G650GS |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:02 - 01 Dec 2006 Post subject: Re: Bikers log (It's about biking and capturing it on video |
 |
|
Well done . While your initial title is rather ambiguous and not very useful, the part in brackets actually gives some indication about what you're talking about! A B+ from .
For onboard video recording, so far the best solution I've found so far is an Archos recorder along with an Archos Bullet Camera.
Haven't tested this out for vibration yet, but works great in a jacket pocket (just don't crash!).
If you want to record voice while you're doing it, I would use a seperate recorder, ideally with a throat mic - an mp3 player that does recording from an external mic should be cheap and do the job ok. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:08 - 01 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cheers G, always glad to help...
So, i suppose i got the commentry and video rolling seperate, then in media player or whatever link them up.
What's the storage with the Arcos? ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| feef |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 feef Energiser Bunny

Joined: 11 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:25 - 01 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm planning on doing this, I'm modifying a headset from my Autocom, to allow my voice audio to be fed into the AV recorder along with the audio from the camera mic, to give me both engine/road noise in addition to my commentary.
a ____________________ Mudskipper wrote: feef, that is such a beautiful post that it gave me a lady tingle
Windchill calculator - London Bike parking
Blog and stuff - PlentyMoreFish dating |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| VTR SP1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 VTR SP1 Brolly Dolly
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Suzuki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Suzuki Roger

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:14 - 03 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| feef |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 feef Energiser Bunny

Joined: 11 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:27 - 03 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
if nothing else, it would be intersting to see how other people ride, and how they think as they ride.. and to then make comparisons between them.
I don't think I'm a particularly good rider, but I keep getting told I am :S
it worries me when people make such comments, cos in my mind, if they think I'm good, then they must be really shit
I'm going to get my cam system sorted out, and do a commentated ride, and see what people think.
I want to use it as a learning tool for myself, seeking the critique of others, and from that, hope others can learn too, rather than stating others should learn from me, which smacks of arrogance somewhat.
a ____________________ Mudskipper wrote: feef, that is such a beautiful post that it gave me a lady tingle
Windchill calculator - London Bike parking
Blog and stuff - PlentyMoreFish dating |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| VTR SP1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 VTR SP1 Brolly Dolly
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:39 - 05 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| VTR SP1 wrote: | Do you really think your are that good a rider that we could all learn from your riding?
Are you an advanced biker?
Are you still in the probationary period of having a full licence? |
SP1, I can ride motorbike pretty well, in my opinion someone who is interested in seeing techniques of an experienced rider might take away some of the fears they have.
I’m not saying I ride like a copper, I’m saying I know what I’m doing.
I thought about doing a video about riding in different conditions, weather, different roads, rural and urban, perhaps I can learn from my own video. I thought it would be fun and interesting at the same time, I don’t know why you lot have to be so critcal, i'm not thinking about selling this on Ebay..
| Shaun wrote: | I haven't crashed since my first week of riding and as for concentrating on overtaking us doing 70, we were doing it for a reason, the speed camera which you failed to notice. |
Everyone crashes Shaun, trust me, and every time you do, people say you become a better rider.
I didn’t know that road, whether I was trying to pop a wheelie or just go fast, everyone’s done it, I don’t think they are bad riders for it, stop being a twonk  ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| feef |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 feef Energiser Bunny

Joined: 11 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:16 - 05 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| killa wrote: | I don't know either Luke, i don't crash a lot, so in your opinion i'm a decent rider.
Shaun think's i'm an overall bad rider, because i didn't see a speed camera. |
I think that statement quantifies it tho...
Surely it should be "I don't crash".. the "a lot" suggests you have, and expect to.
I have crashed. Once down to sheer inexperience, and once down to gravel on an unfamiliar road. I don't think I'm a good rider, but I would like to learn from other people's input into my riding, and for others to learn from that input, than directly from me, per se.
If you didn't see a speed camera, that suggests poor observation. They are painted bright yellow, and there's (usually) stripes on the road.
a ____________________ Mudskipper wrote: feef, that is such a beautiful post that it gave me a lady tingle
Windchill calculator - London Bike parking
Blog and stuff - PlentyMoreFish dating |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:46 - 05 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well all makes mistakes, you don’t have to throw a wobbly….
I’ve done far worse on the road then not notice a speed camera, as with all of you.
I said ‘don’t crash a lot’ as this was the term used.
I’ve crashed once badly, I was 17 and thought I was invincible, I’ve had a couple of ‘offs’ due to road conditions, ice and mud, and that’s about it.
Everyday I become better at riding, I think I was riding with Shaun over two years ago.
And yeah, I was going to tear down the road for a bit of fun, then I saw the camera, sorry dad….  ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Suzuki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Suzuki Roger

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:54 - 05 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't care whether Killa's a good or bad rider, or whether he thinks he's Rossi's long lost twin.
I would like to see his video though.
On another point, the people who shout "I'm not drunk" the loudest are usually pissed out of their faces.
The people who shout "I'm really popular" are usually lonely and insecure.
Likewise, the people who shout "I'm an amazing rider" are usually deluding themselves, and are in fact more dangerous than another rider of equal skill/experience but without the over-confidence.
The best riders I know never talk about their 'greatness', but seem to talk themselves down, and constantly criticise themselves. ____________________ <Simple> no I'm shaven Jon
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:59 - 05 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cheer's Jon, seems the same goons stumble over muttering the same shite as always irrespective of that fact all i have said was, i'm going to make a video of me riding, hopefully it will be interesting and fun to do.
I also said i can ride pretty well, i'd say up to the age of 18 i didn't have the right head on my shoulders when it came to motorbikes. ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 19 years, 306 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|