Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Bikers log (It's about biking and capturing it on video G)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:10 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Bikers log (It's about biking and capturing it on video G) Reply with quote

I had the idea of doing some bike logs, I would ride with on board cam and sound recorder and ride through various conditions you encounter whilst biking everyday. I would commentate along the way and hopefully give some people some more confidence on the road and hopefully learn some new things.
I have a small 2 stroke and a ZX7 so I thought this could appeal to both new and experienced riders.

Do you think this would be a good thing?

What sort of setup could I use to achieve this?

Thanks

Killa
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:18 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you check youtube you will already see exactly what you are on about already done, cant remember the name but i think it was posted on here.

Luke
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:22 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guy in Tailand wasn't it?

Not really the same....plus i kind of guessed it's been done before.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stiffler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think it was Thailand as he was driving on the right and in Thailand they drive on the left like us! It was the far east though although I can't remember which country it was... Oh here's the Vid:

Countersteering Video

I think if done well a guide video could be extreemly useful to new riders.


Tim
____________________
Current Bikes - Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) | BMW G650GS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:02 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Re: Bikers log (It's about biking and capturing it on video Reply with quote

Well done Thumbs Up. While your initial title is rather ambiguous and not very useful, the part in brackets actually gives some indication about what you're talking about! A B+ from Smile.

For onboard video recording, so far the best solution I've found so far is an Archos recorder along with an Archos Bullet Camera.

Haven't tested this out for vibration yet, but works great in a jacket pocket (just don't crash!).

If you want to record voice while you're doing it, I would use a seperate recorder, ideally with a throat mic - an mp3 player that does recording from an external mic should be cheap and do the job ok.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:08 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers G, always glad to help... Thumbs Up

So, i suppose i got the commentry and video rolling seperate, then in media player or whatever link them up.
What's the storage with the Arcos?
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:09 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a task like this would be better suited to a good rider, the brief period I rode with you I decided you had poor observational skills when you overtook me and were forced to slam on because you failed to notice the speed camera few metres in front.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

feef
Energiser Bunny



Joined: 11 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:25 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on doing this, I'm modifying a headset from my Autocom, to allow my voice audio to be fed into the AV recorder along with the audio from the camera mic, to give me both engine/road noise in addition to my commentary.

a
____________________
Mudskipper wrote: feef, that is such a beautiful post that it gave me a lady tingle Laughing
Windchill calculator - London Bike parking
Blog and stuff - PlentyMoreFish dating
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:26 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smallest archos is 20gb or 30gb I think; plenty for a ride.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:32 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
I think a task like this would be better suited to a good rider.


Your basing a good/bad rider on someone who you rode with for 10 minutes, i was probably concentrating on overtaking you lot doing 70mph.

I've been riding longer than you, i don't crash, and i'm a good rider.

There's my opinion, so fuck off. Very Happy Middle Finger
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:56 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Your basing a good/bad rider on someone who you rode with for 10 minutes, i was probably concentrating on overtaking you lot doing 70mph.

I've been riding longer than you, i don't crash, and i'm a good rider.

There's my opinion, so fuck off. Very Happy Middle Finger


You've been riding longer... not relevant!

I haven't crashed since my first week of riding and as for concentrating on overtaking us doing 70, we were doing it for a reason, the speed camera which you failed to notice.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:02 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
and as for concentrating on overtaking us doing 70, we were doing it for a reason, the speed camera which you failed to notice.


Actually we were doing 50 in a 50 (which drops to a 40 where the speed cameras were) firstly because there are a number of speed cameras and other police vehicles along that road (especially on a Wednesday night), secondly there are a lot of blind junctions car drivers pull out of without even trying to look, thirdly an abnormally high number of garden centres increases the danger, oh, and fourthly there was a massive queue of traffic in front of us.

As I was the only one who knew where we were going I had no intention of splitting up a large group for the sake of a few cars.
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

VTR SP1
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:24 - 01 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not dub over the video with the audio later?

Do you really think your are that good a rider that we could all learn from your riding?

Are you an advanced biker?

Are you still in the probationary period of having a full licence?

SP1
____________________
I rode the Nurburgring backwards.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:14 - 03 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
As I was the only one who knew where we were going I had no intention of splitting up a large group for the sake of a few cars.


Yeah, that's the part which confused me in that situation. Killa was following us to the pub, yet overtook us? Confused

I'll just add my observation to that moment too. Killa overtook, and mid-manouver noticed the speed camera. He slowed down to stop getting flashed and ended up passing the camera on the white line with a car to his left, and cars passing on the right.

Can you teach me how to ride like that too? Laughing
____________________
<Simple> no I'm shaven Jon Razz
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

feef
Energiser Bunny



Joined: 11 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:27 - 03 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

if nothing else, it would be intersting to see how other people ride, and how they think as they ride.. and to then make comparisons between them.

I don't think I'm a particularly good rider, but I keep getting told I am :S

it worries me when people make such comments, cos in my mind, if they think I'm good, then they must be really shit Very Happy

I'm going to get my cam system sorted out, and do a commentated ride, and see what people think.

I want to use it as a learning tool for myself, seeking the critique of others, and from that, hope others can learn too, rather than stating others should learn from me, which smacks of arrogance somewhat.

a
____________________
Mudskipper wrote: feef, that is such a beautiful post that it gave me a lady tingle Laughing
Windchill calculator - London Bike parking
Blog and stuff - PlentyMoreFish dating
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

VTR SP1
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:31 - 03 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki wrote:

Can you teach me how to ride like that too? Laughing


Easy, just make believe you know everything there is to know about riding a motorbike.
Maybe then you could post a video of youself riding so others could learn from it?

SP1
____________________
I rode the Nurburgring backwards.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:02 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a road near me I really like to ride and I believe I can ride it quite smoothly. Not stupidly fast, but smooth enough that the ride is pleasurable and safe. I've always wanted to film myself on it, just so I could get my lines better. It'd be nice as a one off for people to comment on my riding.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:39 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTR SP1 wrote:
Do you really think your are that good a rider that we could all learn from your riding?

Are you an advanced biker?

Are you still in the probationary period of having a full licence?


SP1, I can ride motorbike pretty well, in my opinion someone who is interested in seeing techniques of an experienced rider might take away some of the fears they have.
I’m not saying I ride like a copper, I’m saying I know what I’m doing.
I thought about doing a video about riding in different conditions, weather, different roads, rural and urban, perhaps I can learn from my own video. I thought it would be fun and interesting at the same time, I don’t know why you lot have to be so critcal, i'm not thinking about selling this on Ebay.. Rolling Eyes

Shaun wrote:
I haven't crashed since my first week of riding and as for concentrating on overtaking us doing 70, we were doing it for a reason, the speed camera which you failed to notice.


Everyone crashes Shaun, trust me, and every time you do, people say you become a better rider.
I didn’t know that road, whether I was trying to pop a wheelie or just go fast, everyone’s done it, I don’t think they are bad riders for it, stop being a twonk Laughing
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:34 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:


Everyone crashes Shaun, trust me, and every time you do, people say you become a better rider.
I didn’t know that road, whether I was trying to pop a wheelie or just go fast, everyone’s done it, I don’t think they are bad riders for it, stop being a twonk Laughing


I dont think thats true at all, surly the better riders are the ones who dont crash? The ones that ride fast, but also know how to ride defensively as to expect the worst.

The shit riders are the ones who crasha ll the time and say "dont worry its making me a better rider". Till they end up toast Neutral

Luke
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:02 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
I dont think thats true at all, surly the better riders are the ones who dont crash? The ones that ride fast, but also know how to ride defensively as to expect the worst.

The shit riders are the ones who crasha ll the time and say "dont worry its making me a better rider". Till they end up toast Neutral

Luke


I don't know either Luke, i don't crash a lot, so in your opinion i'm a decent rider.
Shaun think's i'm an overall bad rider, because i didn't see a speed camera.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

feef
Energiser Bunny



Joined: 11 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:16 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
I don't know either Luke, i don't crash a lot, so in your opinion i'm a decent rider.
Shaun think's i'm an overall bad rider, because i didn't see a speed camera.


I think that statement quantifies it tho...

Surely it should be "I don't crash".. the "a lot" suggests you have, and expect to.

I have crashed. Once down to sheer inexperience, and once down to gravel on an unfamiliar road. I don't think I'm a good rider, but I would like to learn from other people's input into my riding, and for others to learn from that input, than directly from me, per se.

If you didn't see a speed camera, that suggests poor observation. They are painted bright yellow, and there's (usually) stripes on the road.

a
____________________
Mudskipper wrote: feef, that is such a beautiful post that it gave me a lady tingle Laughing
Windchill calculator - London Bike parking
Blog and stuff - PlentyMoreFish dating
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:18 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You overtook a group of people you were riding with despite not knowing where you were going, this says to me that you have something to prove, not the actions of a good rider, it's the actions of a dangerous one. You aren't even big enough to admit you fucked up through trying to prove how big your cock is and as for this...

killa wrote:
I didn’t know that road, whether I was trying to pop a wheelie or just go fast, everyone’s done it, I don’t think they are bad riders for it, stop being a twonk


First there is no way a VFR4 was going to 'pop a wheelie' at that speed so stop trying to big yourself up with that and second you admit to not knowing the road but 'tried' to go faster than people who do know the road. In my opinion you have too much to prove to be a good rider, the best riders you never hear boasting about their uber skills and wanting to make videos to teach others how to ride.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:46 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all makes mistakes, you don’t have to throw a wobbly….Laughing

I’ve done far worse on the road then not notice a speed camera, as with all of you.
I said ‘don’t crash a lot’ as this was the term used.
I’ve crashed once badly, I was 17 and thought I was invincible, I’ve had a couple of ‘offs’ due to road conditions, ice and mud, and that’s about it.
Everyday I become better at riding, I think I was riding with Shaun over two years ago. Thinking
And yeah, I was going to tear down the road for a bit of fun, then I saw the camera, sorry dad…. Rolling Eyes
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:54 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care whether Killa's a good or bad rider, or whether he thinks he's Rossi's long lost twin.

I would like to see his video though. Thumbs Up

On another point, the people who shout "I'm not drunk" the loudest are usually pissed out of their faces.
The people who shout "I'm really popular" are usually lonely and insecure.
Likewise, the people who shout "I'm an amazing rider" are usually deluding themselves, and are in fact more dangerous than another rider of equal skill/experience but without the over-confidence.

Wink

The best riders I know never talk about their 'greatness', but seem to talk themselves down, and constantly criticise themselves.
____________________
<Simple> no I'm shaven Jon Razz
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:59 - 05 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheer's Jon, seems the same goons stumble over muttering the same shite as always irrespective of that fact all i have said was, i'm going to make a video of me riding, hopefully it will be interesting and fun to do.
I also said i can ride pretty well, i'd say up to the age of 18 i didn't have the right head on my shoulders when it came to motorbikes.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 306 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.58 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 145.19 Kb