Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Roll on friday! :-D

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Major_Grooves
The Doctor



Joined: 10 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:05 - 04 Aug 2003    Post subject: Roll on friday! :-D Reply with quote

I phoned up my best insurance quote to confirm it today and they had only gone and got the original quote wrong. There initial quote was £359 which went up to over £600! Evil or Very Mad

So I took my second best quote, and now I have TPFT £350 excess on my CB for just under £400 including legal, and some kind of breakdown/puncture assisitance too! Not bad considering my Planet insurance was over £700!

So my policy starts at 11am on friday. I'll probably head out friday night for a bit then ride all day saturday. Where should I go, what should I do?

I was supposed to be doing Ridesafe training with the Met police on Saturday but my instructor has broken his foot in Belgium and is stuck in a hospital there! Confused (Don't know if it was a bike accident). I was looking forward to it as a way of getting used to the bigger bike, but I'll have to wait till the end of September to do it! Sad I'll maybe just take it easy to start with instead. Cool

Roll on friday - I can't wait! Very Happy Karma
____________________
About me|@Major_Grooves|My company|Digg|Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scotty
Scooter Boi



Joined: 31 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:26 - 04 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll On Payday I have £15 in the bank to last me till then! YaY!


//Runs To The Job Center...(As i Cant Afford The Bus...)
____________________
Regards
Scott
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School



Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 04 Aug 2003    Post subject: Re: Roll on friday! :-D Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:
Where should I go, what should I do?

I hear that this is a drag racing event somewhere on Friday Wink

Oh and I missed my Bikesafe course too, and I never got a refund Sad (There was some unpleastness a few days before which meant I couldn't go)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:19 - 06 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, will the Major actually be coming out to play now he's got a proper bike that goes more than 3 miles without breaking down? Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Major_Grooves
The Doctor



Joined: 10 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:09 - 06 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilBendy wrote:
So, will the Major actually be coming out to play now he's got a proper bike that goes more than 3 miles without breaking down? Smile


Oi! The Planet is quite reliable!! Wink I just don't like being so slow compared to everyone else!

Yup, I want to play! I want to play on friday night and saturday but I'm not going to BDB so I'm going to play on my own!
____________________
About me|@Major_Grooves|My company|Digg|Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:25 - 06 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to BDB either now (i'm flu ridden at the moment Sad) but hopefully be feeling better by the weekend... and I want a go on the CB for old time's sake! Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Major_Grooves
The Doctor



Joined: 10 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:36 - 07 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilBendy wrote:
I'm not going to BDB either now (i'm flu ridden at the moment Sad) but hopefully be feeling better by the weekend... and I want a go on the CB for old time's sake! Very Happy


Okay so where/when do you want to meet? Lets escape London! Very Happy
____________________
About me|@Major_Grooves|My company|Digg|Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 07 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could mooch down boxhill way perhaps? Get Robby along on the VX as well Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:08 - 07 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good. When do you have in mind?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Major_Grooves
The Doctor



Joined: 10 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:12 - 07 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so how about if I ride down to your place in Paddington then you "lead" me out of London?

If so do you want to PM me your address and postcode and give me a time to come down. Anytime from late-ish morning is okay with me. Saturday I presume?
____________________
About me|@Major_Grooves|My company|Digg|Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:30 - 07 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I'll PM you in a mo.

I'm thinking BH apres lunch for a juicy burger and general sociability Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 23 years, 61 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.93 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 70.56 Kb