Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


CBT riders and the nod

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Syfoon
TRUCK!!!



Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:03 - 09 Aug 2003    Post subject: CBT riders and the nod Reply with quote

Riding around today, I noticed something.

As many of you know, I'm only on my CBT, so I ride about, on my NSR, with a big L on the front of my bike.

So, I was doing the rounds, and I noticed, only a small amount of the bikers on the road today, nodded at me. As I was pulling out of Mission, 3 bikers came round and into the entry road, not one nodded, and I'm clearly visible.

Do people who have passed their tests regard us CBT'ers as not worth the nod?
____________________
Not here...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

darryl
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 29 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:23 - 09 Aug 2003    Post subject: looks,... Reply with quote

Mr. Green like those bikers were wankers-im bigger than you attitude, more than your one of us!,..we're not all ike that!-fuk'em,..& enjoy. Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jon
Anyone for donuts?



Joined: 28 Oct 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 09 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride with L's, the front's not that clear though, and I'm on an SR125. Seem to get 'the nod' all the time, especially off riders with sports bikes.

I'm also usually geared up all the time, blacked out visor, sliders, the lot really.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Lee
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 02 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:56 - 09 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only riders I don't really get nods from are harley-type cruiser riders. Oh and peds, but I don't nod them anyway. 99% of other bikes always nod, but there are the odd one or two who think they are too good to nod back. I too am on CBT only, no full license..... but oh no, I think my plates must have been swept off in the wind! they were there when I left the house, honestly officer Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin



Joined: 14 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:06 - 09 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, it's probably got nothing to do with L-plates. A mate and myself were out riding the other day and we passed loads of bikers, but only a handfull of them nodded back. I was on a Blade and my mate was on a CBR6, and we were both wearing dark visors to complete the "proper biker" look. Wink

Don't read too much into it. The other person could be tired, too focused on the road, or just have too many mates already. Rolling Eyes
____________________
TiN
dotgems.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Akira
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 24 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:11 - 09 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that there's so many more bikers on the roads today that if you nodded them all you'd do your neck in or be sued by Churchill for copyright infringement? I don't worry about it, if they nod back, nice one. If they don't, they don't. It's not like they flip you the bird or anything.
Or do they? Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:11 - 10 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

only annoys me when i nod and they dont nod back

often im sure its that they didnt notice me, its funny what you dont notice when you are focused on something or your mind is elsewhere

i just mumble "miserable bastard" and carry on my way Smile
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 23 years, 57 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.75 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 52.19 Kb