|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Syfoon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Syfoon TRUCK!!!

Joined: 29 Apr 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:03 - 09 Aug 2003 Post subject: CBT riders and the nod |
 |
|
Riding around today, I noticed something.
As many of you know, I'm only on my CBT, so I ride about, on my NSR, with a big L on the front of my bike.
So, I was doing the rounds, and I noticed, only a small amount of the bikers on the road today, nodded at me. As I was pulling out of Mission, 3 bikers came round and into the entry road, not one nodded, and I'm clearly visible.
Do people who have passed their tests regard us CBT'ers as not worth the nod? ____________________ Not here... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| darryl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 darryl Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 29 Jul 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:23 - 09 Aug 2003 Post subject: looks,... |
 |
|
like those bikers were wankers-im bigger than you attitude, more than your one of us!,..we're not all ike that!-fuk'em,..& enjoy.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jon Anyone for donuts?
Joined: 28 Oct 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Lee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Lee Trackday Trickster
Joined: 02 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:56 - 09 Aug 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
The only riders I don't really get nods from are harley-type cruiser riders. Oh and peds, but I don't nod them anyway. 99% of other bikes always nod, but there are the odd one or two who think they are too good to nod back. I too am on CBT only, no full license..... but oh no, I think my plates must have been swept off in the wind! they were there when I left the house, honestly officer  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TiN |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TiN Pocket Tin

Joined: 14 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:06 - 09 Aug 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nah, it's probably got nothing to do with L-plates. A mate and myself were out riding the other day and we passed loads of bikers, but only a handfull of them nodded back. I was on a Blade and my mate was on a CBR6, and we were both wearing dark visors to complete the "proper biker" look.
Don't read too much into it. The other person could be tired, too focused on the road, or just have too many mates already.  ____________________ TiN
dotgems.net |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Akira |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Akira Trackday Trickster
Joined: 24 Jul 2003 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:11 - 09 Aug 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Is it possible that there's so many more bikers on the roads today that if you nodded them all you'd do your neck in or be sued by Churchill for copyright infringement? I don't worry about it, if they nod back, nice one. If they don't, they don't. It's not like they flip you the bird or anything.
Or do they?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:11 - 10 Aug 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
only annoys me when i nod and they dont nod back
often im sure its that they didnt notice me, its funny what you dont notice when you are focused on something or your mind is elsewhere
i just mumble "miserable bastard" and carry on my way  ____________________ So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 23 years, 57 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|