Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Positioning an Indoor Aerial

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:22 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Positioning an Indoor Aerial Reply with quote

Right,

Bought a freeview box and a wideband aerial (An indoor one)

At the moment, it's sitting on top of my TV but when I move it it seems to randomly affect signal quality with no pattern...

Anyone know a way to get the best possible reception from an indoor aerial positioning wise?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:23 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your loft?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:26 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really, tis a shared house (rented) Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:01 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a windowledge upstairs that faces towards the nearest transmitter (you can google for that).

We have freeview in the bedroom, and the aerial is in the window of the bedroom on the opposite side of the house cos we could only get the BBC channels when we had it any nearer to the telly!
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

binge
Emo Kiddy



Joined: 03 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:04 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im running similar setup to you. Ive got an areal which looks like a Mini Satelite dish. Its electricly powerd too.

I find that If I do a channel scan, I can pick up more channels depending on which way the ariel is facing.

Ive also got a perfectly clear picture, Or no picture at all. I can get about 30 decent channels, Varying depending on which way the ariel is facing each time I scan.

Do you not have a signal strength meter in the setting, so you can rotate the ariel, and it will show you how strong the signal is as you move the ariel?


<|ben|>
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a technika rabbit-ear type amplified aerial for mine, and it doesn't make much difference which way my "ears" are pointing as long as they are on the windowledge that faces the transmitter........
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:48 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the houses/flats/whatever around you and see which way their exterior aerials are pointing, then point yours the same way.. thats what I do for large aerials in loft or outside and never had a prob so far...
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:45 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried using an indoor ariel on my freeview box at my caravan. I found I had to move it to different positions everytime i changed channels. I cant understand why as everything is from the same transmitter.. Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 257 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.84 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 55.64 Kb