|
|
| Author |
Message |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:01 - 23 Jan 2007 Post subject: Films |
 |
|
Just wanted to make a thread about some films because I’m building up a list of what I need to watch, I’ve made some quick reviews.
I’ve watched them due to a number of reasons, I’ve been recommended a few.
I watched Troy last night, I wanted to see it when I came out in the cinema due to the trailer.
If there’s one thing to satisfy me, it’s Greek Mythology, death by cold steal, real men fighting war.
When I got to the end of the film I was not overly…...anything really…….it’s epic I’ll give it that but bland like plain toast.
The battle scenes were fantastic, although I did think some of the quick flashes of strikes and deaths were sometimes too fast, which became annoying.
I don’t know who wrote the script, I’m not going to find out, or perhaps I should so I know what to avoid………
Thinking on, the acting from some of the cast was good, convincing, but the Princes were terrible, some of the stand alone actors would ruin a scene and Brad Pitts looks of anger made me giggle.
It could be to do with the time scale of the scenes being taken or something as I imagine most of the film is CGI you could loose your ‘moment’.
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse, Orlando Bloom kills Achilles. Don’t worry I haven’t ruined the film, its shi* anyway.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I’ve been putting off watching The Island for sometime now because I’ve heard numerous accounts of it being naff.
In all honesty I was impressed, after watching Troy this was entertainment IMO.
The plot was thick enough for Sci-Fi fans, the action was up there with the likes of Minority Report, the cast was varied and you got a good vibe from the start of the films setting.
Ewan McGregor came across as believable, I thought he would still have the Jedi in him but actually took off this new idea pretty well. Scarlet Johansson makes for a good screen buddy, I think they should pair up again at some point.
When the film starts to roll a little faster the special effects are very nice, well choreographed and looked polished, I really liked the surprising brutality of some of the scenes where people are taken out as the film did start off with a very universal feel.
The only bad points didn’t bother me really as the overall package was good clean fun, it was an opportunity for some huge plugs *cough* Chrysler *cough* but as I said, not really bothered.
I was impressed with the Honda jet bike scene it came across quite believable. Lol
I enjoyed this film, it wasn’t awe inspiring but left me thinking.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the third time in the space of a year I’ve watched The Punisher IMO the best Marvel film conversion I’ve seen yet and it’s not been advertised to death like the utter shite Spider man and Hulk. And just for the record, I very very rarely watch any films more than once in the space of a year.
I didn’t watch it for sometime, I’ve enjoyed Spider man comics and loved the Hulk cartoons….I hated both of the films, mainly because of my hatred for anything ‘Dunst’ and chap in the red suit, I’d rather lick a battery.
I watched the Punisher with one thing in mind, don’t hate it, give it a chance.
At first the typical American imagery and cliché shots had me thinking it was going to turn into another mainstream conversion of something that is meant to be underground and nasty.
Oh how surprised I was, the build up to the Punisher T-shirt moment was almost cringing, but there was a good reason for it, everything down to the soppy music the hideous child actor and the good all American vibe was just what it needed.
The thing that struck me more than anything was the sound, the music score was perfect for the scenes and the gun shots took me back to the mid 90’s action films we all love.
The wholesome family deal at the beginning is swiftly turned into a mission fuelled on hate, thankfully the child actor is taken out, even more satisfying, taken out by a 4x4 full of henchmen…..sweet.
Must admit the scene gets me every time where he is holding his wife and child shortly after, you know some shi* is going to hit the fan.
Two favourite scenes in the film being the hitman from Memphis and ‘The Russian’……this is a must see movie!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly I got stoned last night and watched Harold & Kumar get the munchies
Defiantly not the one of the best stoner movies ever, a bit of a disappointment. ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| oddkid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 oddkid Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 16 Nov 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Suzuki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Suzuki Roger

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:44 - 23 Jan 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
V for Vendetta was excellent.
I watched Miami Vice the other night, was was OK. Nothing special, but certainly watchable.
If you've not seen it, Casino Royale was superb.
I've also had a recommendation for The Departed. Supposed to be amazing. ____________________ <Simple> no I'm shaven Jon
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| angryjonny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 angryjonny World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:53 - 23 Jan 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Second time I've mentioned this one but I liked it that damn much!
Severance, a horror but with a bit of comedy thrown in for good measure, very good film, not too much comedy to make it stupid, just enough to keep the film serious but entertaining on more than one level.
Next is 11:14 or eleven fourteen, bit of an thriller about when 6 or 7 lives or something all relate to each other at exactly 11:14, very good film that keeps you guessing until the end.
Beer fest isn't bad, if you liked films like road trip then chances are you'll like this, not as good as road trip but similar comedy.
Employee of the month, a comedy with the happy ending for the ladies, very good film, so good I watched it twice and still laughed at all the jokes. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Steve H |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Steve H World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:01 - 23 Jan 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm gonna go to the pictures to watch some predictable adrenelin fuelled bollocks tonight and if I can't get in to see Rocky Balboa I'll stay in and watch some WWF instead  ____________________ Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Al |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Al World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Feb 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fenton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fenton World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:01 - 23 Jan 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've watched 2 films at the cinema over the past 2 weeks.
The first was "The Pursuit of Happyness" I give this an 8/10 as it has a heartfelt story and a real sense of courage for the man and Will Smith acts really well in this film, has really grown into a brilliant actor. (Though I still prefer "Prince of Belair". )
Then last Friday I watched "Employee of the month".
Yeah Jessica Simpson has a nice rack, you also get a lot of nipple through her top moments, but other than that it wasn't a very funny comedy. Just a bit stupid, but I guess if you have nothing better to do, then watch it. 5/10. ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| froggeh |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 froggeh World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Duckyboos |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Duckyboos Traffic Copper

Joined: 06 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:52 - 23 Jan 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
V is for Vendetta
Have gotten into gangsta-style brit flicks lately. Dead Mans Shoes was a dark but funny one. Nil By Mouth with Ray Winstone was gritty and grimy - was peering at most of it thru my fingers. I liked Layer Cake partly (but not entirely) because of Daniel Craig.
And I saw The Libertine with Johnny Depp... looking a little less than his normal delectable self, as a 17th Century poet whose lust for adventure sent him to his deathbed at 33, riddled with syphillis. Slightly more arty than I'd usually choose, but a good 'if all else fails' flick.
Got a voocher from them LoveFilm people for Christmas. Any recommendations for good gritty Brit-flicks? (Not old old ones mind).
Last edited by Duckyboos on 00:02 - 24 Jan 2007; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GodzGift |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GodzGift World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 May 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| daz|n00by |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 daz|n00by The Internet

Joined: 11 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:17 - 24 Jan 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
i,m getting bored of films at the moment. got so many to watch but just cant be bothered tbh
the remake of the hitcher doesnt look to bad was going to watch it monday but thought "cant be arsed" and als primeval is supposed to be good but then again cant be arsed to sit and watch it.
Need some new blockbuster to pop up really to try and gain some interest. ____________________ "Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| techierob |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 techierob Traffic Copper

Joined: 05 Oct 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| peppa pig |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 peppa pig Scooby Slapper

Joined: 30 Oct 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:06 - 24 Jan 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I watched Revolver last night, was really looking forward to it but ended up feeling let down and confused It was pretty boring, I even fell sleep for a bit, then caught the last 20 minutes and ended up not having a clue what it had all been about, I'm wondering now if I missed something crucial while I was snoozing and maybe thats why I didnt understand it. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nrml76 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nrml76 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 05 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 19 years, 261 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|