Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


The West Wing

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:17 - 27 Jan 2007    Post subject: The West Wing Reply with quote

I watched all 7 seasons of the above show back-to-back when I was off work following my accident 14 months ago. I watched a random episode when I was bored last month, and instantly got caught up in it again.

It has to be one of the wittiest, best scripted and most interesting shows I've ever watched. I honestly can't think of any other programme that manages to amuse and move in the same episode.

Am I the only one who has formed a strange affection for 'news cycles' and the intricacies of the american political system? If so, I recommend it to anyone with a spare couple of hours!
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:40 - 28 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it utter bollox....


But yet some how watch it and think its good Laughing
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:48 - 28 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of caught a few here and there, realised it had Martin Sheene in it (one of my all time favourites) ... and kept meaning to watch it, but never got round to it, cos it looked interesting as well.

Might have to get the box set or something, and watch it in fits and starts, cos I'd prolly get bored of the whole thing all at once.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam_P
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:50 - 28 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Mr J, I have all seven seasons on DVD too Mr. Green

It's one of the best TV programmes ever to have been made (Well, I think so) just for it's writing and the characters that fit in so well.

I'm waiting for Aaron Sorkin's latest show to come over to the UK now too as it's got Bradley Whitfield and Matthew Perry in it and from what I've seen of clips it looks as sharp and witty as the West Wing is.
____________________
Colin McRae MBE 1968 - 2007 RIP Sad
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
God is imaginary
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:38 - 28 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
I find it utter bollox....


But yet some how watch it and think its good Laughing


i agree with mcGee, but i never watch it, and was pleased when it got taken off channel 4. I had got into the habit of watching it because it was on, even though i didnt like it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:06 - 28 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the first 6 series. I have the first 3 on DVD.
Love the show. TV that you have to engage your brain for.

IMO the episodes afte Aaron Sorkin stopped writing for the show (season 6 - or was it 5?) did suffer at first but sort of picked up.

Finally a plea. Does anyone have season 7 on DCD/CDV that I can borrow/copy/have? I'll even be prepared to pay money Shocked PM me if you can help. Thanks.

Thumbs Up
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 28 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I kind of caught a few here and there, realised it had Martin Sheene in it (one of my all time favourites) ... and kept meaning to watch it, but never got round to it, cos it looked interesting as well.

Might have to get the box set or something, and watch it in fits and starts, cos I'd prolly get bored of the whole thing all at once.


Part of my attraction towards the series was no doubt due to the huge levels of seemingly military-grade opiates coursing through my veins at the time, but I spent days at a time watching episode after episode - becoming totally emmersed in the story. I really do recommend you pick up season 1, it's usually cheap as chips, and while it doesn't quite get into the swing of things until the later seasons, it is still superb TV.

Martin Sheene is excellent throughout, I believe it's one of the best acting performances in any show or film, and all the more impressive for the fact he keeps it up for 7 seasons!

Quote:

IMO the episodes afte Aaron Sorkin stopped writing for the show (season 6 - or was it 5?) did suffer at first but sort of picked up.


There is definitely a blip round about that point, although as you say, it does recover somewhat.

Quote:
'm waiting for Aaron Sorkin's latest show to come over to the UK now too as it's got Bradley Whitfield and Matthew Perry in it and from what I've seen of clips it looks as sharp and witty as the West Wing is.



Aye. When I heard the premise of the thing, I didn't like the sound of it much, but then I remembered that I avoided TWW for years because a political drama sounded boring!
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:18 - 29 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam_P wrote:
...I'm waiting for Aaron Sorkin's latest show to come over to the UK now too as it's got Bradley Whitfield and Matthew Perry....

That'd be Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip then. Must admit will make time to see it as I also found Sports Night interesting.
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 250 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.72 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 62.3 Kb