|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam_P |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam_P World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:50 - 28 Jan 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I agree with you Mr J, I have all seven seasons on DVD too
It's one of the best TV programmes ever to have been made (Well, I think so) just for it's writing and the characters that fit in so well.
I'm waiting for Aaron Sorkin's latest show to come over to the UK now too as it's got Bradley Whitfield and Matthew Perry in it and from what I've seen of clips it looks as sharp and witty as the West Wing is. ____________________ Colin McRae MBE 1968 - 2007 RIP
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
God is imaginary |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:06 - 28 Jan 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have seen the first 6 series. I have the first 3 on DVD.
Love the show. TV that you have to engage your brain for.
IMO the episodes afte Aaron Sorkin stopped writing for the show (season 6 - or was it 5?) did suffer at first but sort of picked up.
Finally a plea. Does anyone have season 7 on DCD/CDV that I can borrow/copy/have? I'll even be prepared to pay money PM me if you can help. Thanks.
 ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:38 - 28 Jan 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
| hellkat wrote: | I kind of caught a few here and there, realised it had Martin Sheene in it (one of my all time favourites) ... and kept meaning to watch it, but never got round to it, cos it looked interesting as well.
Might have to get the box set or something, and watch it in fits and starts, cos I'd prolly get bored of the whole thing all at once. |
Part of my attraction towards the series was no doubt due to the huge levels of seemingly military-grade opiates coursing through my veins at the time, but I spent days at a time watching episode after episode - becoming totally emmersed in the story. I really do recommend you pick up season 1, it's usually cheap as chips, and while it doesn't quite get into the swing of things until the later seasons, it is still superb TV.
Martin Sheene is excellent throughout, I believe it's one of the best acting performances in any show or film, and all the more impressive for the fact he keeps it up for 7 seasons!
| Quote: |
IMO the episodes afte Aaron Sorkin stopped writing for the show (season 6 - or was it 5?) did suffer at first but sort of picked up.
|
There is definitely a blip round about that point, although as you say, it does recover somewhat.
| Quote: | 'm waiting for Aaron Sorkin's latest show to come over to the UK now too as it's got Bradley Whitfield and Matthew Perry in it and from what I've seen of clips it looks as sharp and witty as the West Wing is.
|
Aye. When I heard the premise of the thing, I didn't like the sound of it much, but then I remembered that I avoided TWW for years because a political drama sounded boring! ____________________ >Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 19 years, 250 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|