Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


nearly got ma knee down

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

skelly
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 03 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:26 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: nearly got ma knee down Reply with quote

i have had my fzr 400 for about a month now and never had much confidence in cornering. anyway i went out with someone who races around tracks and he was teaching me. i was going round a roundabout and kept getting closer and closer. Cool then i heard a loud scraping noise and s*** myself. i got my pegs down but not my knee Confused apparently i wasn't leaning off enough grrrrr i just need that bit more confidence in leaning off. not bad for only holding my license for a month though Laughing
____________________
k.skelly....aprilia RX50 (stolen) Sad | fzr 400 1988. Razz restricted Sad | Bandit 600 | Gsxr 750 SRAD, 1999.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:35 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to get my cornering technique sorted too... but still haven't managed to touch anything down yet Crying or Very sad
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting my toe down, but I think that's mostly due to my size 14 feet. Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Re: nearly got ma knee down Reply with quote

skelly wrote:
i have had my fzr 400 for about a month now and never had much confidence in cornering. anyway i went out with someone who races around tracks and he was teaching me. i was going round a roundabout and kept getting closer and closer. Cool then i heard a loud scraping noise and s*** myself. i got my pegs down but not my knee Confused apparently i wasn't leaning off enough grrrrr i just need that bit more confidence in leaning off. not bad for only holding my license for a month though Laughing


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCg3BMGe52M

have a look at that video Thumbs Up
____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

steveh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:42 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wached that guide, and i was guilty of twisting in the seat, so i went out with 3 mates, and i got it down Very Happy

practice different leans and positions, and ull be fine.


Steve.
____________________
Current : 06 Zx10r, 07 Wr450f SM, 74 850 norton commando, 63 bsa b40, 1962 Triton 650, 67 Triumph Tr6r, 1955 Triton 750, 1978 TY250E.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pwntifex
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:47 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Re: nearly got ma knee down Reply with quote

skelly wrote:
i just need that bit more confidence in leaning off. not bad for only holding my license for a month though Laughing

You smell that?
It smells like tragedy.
____________________
the warped one: This is a follow up from the thread 'my willy hurts'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

0ddball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:49 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a premenition Razz

https://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i204/SpannerMonkey/fairings.jpg
____________________
ZXR750L
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

h00dwink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:50 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpannerMonkey wrote:

that i'll be looking at that forun Confused
____________________
Sahf East Winnah 4LYF
https://bikepics.com/members/h00dwink/00sv650s/
www.youtube.com/h00dwink updated regularly
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:52 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cuople of times I've been MM's from touching pegs down, but don't like leaning off the seat, would rather use my foot peg's grind stumps Cool
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pwntifex
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:52 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

h00dwink wrote:
SpannerMonkey wrote:

that i'll be looking at that forun Confused

Look at the first post on there.
____________________
the warped one: This is a follow up from the thread 'my willy hurts'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:21 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Re: nearly got ma knee down Reply with quote

skelly wrote:
i have had my fzr 400 for about a month now and never had much confidence in cornering. anyway i went out with someone who races around tracks and he was teaching me. i was going round a roundabout and kept getting closer and closer. Cool then i heard a loud scraping noise and s*** myself. i got my pegs down but not my knee Confused apparently i wasn't leaning off enough grrrrr i just need that bit more confidence in leaning off. not bad for only holding my license for a month though Laughing


I'm nearly impressed.
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

h00dwink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:33 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwntifex wrote:

Look at the first post on there.

Shocked there was me seriously thinking it was about me...
____________________
Sahf East Winnah 4LYF
https://bikepics.com/members/h00dwink/00sv650s/
www.youtube.com/h00dwink updated regularly
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tssk, back in the old days I got flamed for saying "I got my knee down" let alone nearly, the flamers are getting slack nowerdays.

Tssk
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pwntifex
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:59 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

h00dwink wrote:

Shocked there was me seriously thinking it was about me...

It's OK, we all want to feel wanted sometimes.
____________________
the warped one: This is a follow up from the thread 'my willy hurts'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:11 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back to the school where you did your DAS and ask the instructors for advice on how to do it.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stiffler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:26 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm impressed, I've had my license about the same time and I've not got that close yet.

On the topic of knee down I took the long route home and was really enjoying my blast over the tops. I started thinking to myself "well you're no Rossi yet, but you've come on loads in the last month, the corners are far more comfortable and stable, you're getting lower and quicker"

And then as I was approaching the best stretch of road on my route I spot a biker turning his bike around. It was in the middle of nowhere on a NSL road so I slowed to see if he was ok. He nodded at me and I continued on. By the time I reached the next bend he was already in my mirror. I'm under no illusions of my lack of ability in the twisties so I check my left side in order to move over, but it was too late he already blasted past me. Out his knee stuck and the bike lent over just about as far as you see them go in the GP with his knee bouncing along the tarmac. As I rounded that corner I see him disappearing just as aggressively around the next bend. (my jaw was firmly down and I was suddenly feeling very inadequate). As I reached the end of the good bit of road I see the same rider just completing another turn in the road so he could ride the section of road again... And just to add to my shame he pulled a big wheelie as he passed me from the opposite direction!

I've not had chance to ride with anyone else yet but I was really impressed he looked like a an exceptionally capable rider to my inexperienced eyes.

Tim
____________________
Current Bikes - Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) | BMW G650GS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 169 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.66 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 96.18 Kb