|
|
| Author |
Message |
| skelly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 skelly Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:26 - 16 Apr 2007 Post subject: nearly got ma knee down |
 |
|
i have had my fzr 400 for about a month now and never had much confidence in cornering. anyway i went out with someone who races around tracks and he was teaching me. i was going round a roundabout and kept getting closer and closer. then i heard a loud scraping noise and s*** myself. i got my pegs down but not my knee apparently i wasn't leaning off enough grrrrr i just need that bit more confidence in leaning off. not bad for only holding my license for a month though  ____________________ k.skelly....aprilia RX50 (stolen) | fzr 400 1988. restricted | Bandit 600 | Gsxr 750 SRAD, 1999. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dazbo666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dazbo666 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:35 - 16 Apr 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've been trying to get my cornering technique sorted too... but still haven't managed to touch anything down yet  ____________________ 1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:40 - 16 Apr 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I keep getting my toe down, but I think that's mostly due to my size 14 feet.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lllN30lll |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lllN30lll World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steveh |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steveh World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:42 - 16 Apr 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
i wached that guide, and i was guilty of twisting in the seat, so i went out with 3 mates, and i got it down
practice different leans and positions, and ull be fine.
Steve. ____________________ Current : 06 Zx10r, 07 Wr450f SM, 74 850 norton commando, 63 bsa b40, 1962 Triton 650, 67 Triumph Tr6r, 1955 Triton 750, 1978 TY250E. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pwntifex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pwntifex World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Aug 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 0ddball |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 0ddball World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:49 - 16 Apr 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| h00dwink |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 h00dwink World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 May 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:52 - 16 Apr 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
cuople of times I've been MM's from touching pegs down, but don't like leaning off the seat, would rather use my foot peg's grind stumps  ____________________ Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pwntifex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pwntifex World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Aug 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:52 - 16 Apr 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
| h00dwink wrote: |
that i'll be looking at that forun  |
Look at the first post on there. ____________________ the warped one: This is a follow up from the thread 'my willy hurts' |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| h00dwink |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 h00dwink World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 May 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pwntifex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pwntifex World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Aug 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Stiffler |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Stiffler World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Sep 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:26 - 16 Apr 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm impressed, I've had my license about the same time and I've not got that close yet.
On the topic of knee down I took the long route home and was really enjoying my blast over the tops. I started thinking to myself "well you're no Rossi yet, but you've come on loads in the last month, the corners are far more comfortable and stable, you're getting lower and quicker"
And then as I was approaching the best stretch of road on my route I spot a biker turning his bike around. It was in the middle of nowhere on a NSL road so I slowed to see if he was ok. He nodded at me and I continued on. By the time I reached the next bend he was already in my mirror. I'm under no illusions of my lack of ability in the twisties so I check my left side in order to move over, but it was too late he already blasted past me. Out his knee stuck and the bike lent over just about as far as you see them go in the GP with his knee bouncing along the tarmac. As I rounded that corner I see him disappearing just as aggressively around the next bend. (my jaw was firmly down and I was suddenly feeling very inadequate). As I reached the end of the good bit of road I see the same rider just completing another turn in the road so he could ride the section of road again... And just to add to my shame he pulled a big wheelie as he passed me from the opposite direction!
I've not had chance to ride with anyone else yet but I was really impressed he looked like a an exceptionally capable rider to my inexperienced eyes.
Tim ____________________ Current Bikes - Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) | BMW G650GS |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 19 years, 169 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|