|
|
| Author |
Message |
| sebzzz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sebzzz L Plate Warrior
Joined: 28 Jun 2007 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 23:13 - 28 Jun 2007 Post subject: Sore and numb Trap & Tight hamstrings |
 |
|
Hi,
I'm 20 years old, 145 Lbs, 6 foot tall.
I'll try to make this short and sweet:
I started doing a lot of running, than swimming than cycling just a few months ago.
Now, I always had tight hamstrings, but it seems to get worst and worst the more I do sports. I stretch them often, but maybe not at the right time or the right technique. Is it a bad thing to stretch them when my muscles are cold? There so tight my leg on the pedal when I drive my car gets numb after 30-40 minutes.
Now, this tight hamstrings problem doesn't seem to restrict my movements when I do some bike of run, but it's bad for other things. If you want more details, see my post at: https://groups.google.com/group/rec.running/browse_thread/thread/495d7b768ec8eaf7/d20f14b129dbc0aa?lnk=st&q=sebzzz&rnum=6#d20f14b129dbc0aa
I use my bike (regular mountain bike, with tires that are slick in the middle to be easier) to go to work sometimes (about 30k from my home). After a while, I start feeling really numb in my right trap, and when I stop and move my arms a bit, it's real pain for a couple of minutes (like needles in my trap). I can't even turn my head on the right when I'm on the bike after a while, it hurts too much. Now, every time I do some bike, this pain arrives faster and faster. I suspect my posture of my grip on the bike, but I wonder what to do. Also good to know, I get some "needles in the trap" feeling even when I'm not doing anything now, but very mild not real pain.
An other problem, yesterday at the end of my ride, I started feeling numb in my left hand, and it stayed numb for about 24 hours. This is probably due to the fact that I didn't have my gloves for the ride. (or could it be related to the trap pain?)
Some would probably say over training or something, but I don't feel more tired than usual, and it's also good to say that I always had tight hamstrings (as a kid I already had that).
So, can anybody help me with those problems?
Thanks! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iloveriding |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iloveriding Trackday Trickster

Joined: 24 May 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Trixie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Trixie World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:58 - 29 Jun 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Are you actually aware that this is a MOTORBIKE forum, and not a pushbike forum???  ____________________ Dead nobodies in company cars... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jackw72 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jackw72 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Nov 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ncrn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ncrn World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:35 - 29 Jun 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| spooney |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 spooney Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 22 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sebzzz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sebzzz L Plate Warrior
Joined: 28 Jun 2007 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 19 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|