Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What Vista sidebar gadgets do you use?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:07 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: What Vista sidebar gadgets do you use? Reply with quote

Lets not turn this into a Vista knocking thread eh?

When I first installed Vista I turned the sidebar off as it was pretty rubbish and forgot about it.

Now I'm bored on a rainy Sunday and wondered if any of you lot have discovered any decent gadgets? It's a bit like Firefox and it's extensions - some of them are really useful.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:32 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

never used any

loads here though https://gallery.live.com/results.aspx?c=0&bt=1
____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:36 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have the 3 on mine. Weather, date and battery level (im on a laptop).

I turned mine off at first too, but it doesn't get in the way so I just leave it now.
____________________
ZXR750R (M2) - For the road.
CBR1000 RR4 - For the track.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4332
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:40 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

lllN30lll wrote:
never used any

loads here though https://gallery.live.com/results.aspx?c=0&bt=1


Cheers but I've already had a look on there. I was hoping the BCF'ers would be able to recommend some as there's a lot to sort through. There's got to be some good ones surely? Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:09 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a dekko here:

https://www.winsupersite.com/
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:36 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have a calender (I'm hopeless at remembering the date), a clock, the local temp (currently 15C), a little media player called 'Media Dock' and a little 'post-it' type thing for keeping notes on so I don't forget stuff (only I forget to use it!).
____________________
I spend all my money on bikes and beer, the rest I simply waste!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Seb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:15 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clock, weather, cpu load/speedstep profile and an RSS feed watcher.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:54 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it off my laptop and it made it run a lot faster, so I don't bother with it now Smile.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:58 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that Vista or the Sidebar. Laughing
____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:44 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

lllN30lll wrote:
is that Vista or the Sidebar. Laughing


Laughing sidebar. vista might have to be next if I want any more speed Wink
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:33 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one you need is space invaders Wink
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.65 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 68.07 Kb