Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


300zx TT Any one else driven one

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:54 - 12 Oct 2007    Post subject: 300zx TT Any one else driven one Reply with quote

Well was offered to rag around in a mates 300zx TT while he drove his new toy a turbo eclipse Rolling Eyes Laughing

Well first things first it eats the petrol Laughing about 15mpg and thats being generous. Went through a tank tonight just playing and about a quarter of the one I put in.

I don't know why i like it it just looks right these cars are sexy and still turn heads 17 years on. I have driven lotus's, vette's, camero's and the odd muscle car and this car gets more looks Laughing

This one sits on 18's and has coilovers of some description. I think its set a little stiff but who cares it sticks to the road.

I love the inside of this car. It's just functional and sexy everything is where its needed. The sound system in this one was uprated so can't tell you what the stock ones like but still I heard its crap. Also people moan about the blind spot but if you actually look instead of just using your mirrors your fine.

Flying down the high street at over 90+ having an eclipse chasing you with Pendulum - Fasten Your Seltbelt blasting out of your sound system at 3am and the streets are dead, coming into the city with 4 lanes to play with was intense. The noise of the dump valve and turbo with the twin hks cat-back cans through a tunnel was by far the best noise I have heard a jap car make ever.

Its likes to paint the road to gotta be careful Laughing

My main gripe is the car is heavy and you really notice this just driving around in town with traffic lights etc. Now its not slow by any means it just feels heavy around the city, and the brakes suck.

But when you get on it, it flies. The rear end likes to step out occasionally but power sliding (drifting for pro's Wink) around some back roads is a laugh.

Its a well planted car doesn't get fazed by most things but I reckon if you were going for it chasing something in the back roads if you have not experienced a slide I think you will loose it.

I had it up to 145mph and it was still pulling Mr. Green

It eats tyres from what I'm told and the ones he has on it are $900 a set and he goes through them very quickly, but I can honestly see why. Its putting out over 422 at the wheels with the mods done.

I have been told maintenance can be costly. Try $1,000 for the injectors Shocked but you can get away with just cleaning them.

Problem is he wont sell it, its only got 40,000 miles on it and is mint. Crying or Very sad

Not the one I drove but same model and colour.
https://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6522/11mediumaj1.jpg

I would of stuck up some pics but the camera on my phone doesn't do night shots they all come out blured or really really fuzzy. Mad

I want one, there is a white twin turbo locally for 4000 but needs some work to the front end but still Praying

Any one else driven one, and whats your views ?

Also it eats scoobies Wink
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:31 - 12 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugly heap, boss at my old place though he'd have a midlife crisis and bought one, only it was the non turbo with 180ish bhp? Just think they look really outdated now, if I was gonna go for an old 90s Jap car I'd have the Twin turbo GTO any day. Still, I'm sure the 300zx is still quick.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:27 - 12 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
Ugly heap, boss at my old place though he'd have a midlife crisis and bought one, only it was the non turbo with 180ish bhp? Just think they look really outdated now, if I was gonna go for an old 90s Jap car I'd have the Twin turbo GTO any day. Still, I'm sure the 300zx is still quick.


The non turbo makes 222hp Shocked

And the twin turbo GTO is also exceptable. Cool
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Al
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:21 - 12 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have Z32 300zx TT Smile

I brought it when I was 21 ish as my insurance got a bit cheaper, well as cheap as it can be on a RWD 3.0L V6 24v twin turbo'd car.

I only had it for about 8-9 months because the running costs were getting way too much, little bits kept breaking, but as I found out little bits were bloody expensive!
It was also a bit thirsty Laughing

Mine was lightly tuned-
1.0bar boost
free flow filters.
de-cat pipes.
enough for just under 350bhp and a load of torque.

It was a good 8-9months Twisted Evil
Like you said it was a bit lardy around town, mine had pretty bad turbo lag, but once on a big open road it just flew!
0-60 wasn't that special but 50-100ish (overtaking speeds) it just seemed to have so much grunt.


It looked cool aswell if a little dated, as I only look about 12 I'm sure most people thought I'd stolen it.
I remember giving a girl a lift back from the pub when it was dark and she though it was some kind of supercar, she kept asking if I was a footballer or something, hopefully she didn't see the Nissan badge when she got out Mr. Green

I sold it in the end and brought a N/A mk2 Mr2 which was actually a better car to drive, it just didn't have the power the zed did.

Isn't an eclipse fairly slow and FWD? tell your friend to not be such a gay.

here's my old one-
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/big_al/mine/al_300zxtt2Small.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/big_al/mine/6Small.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/big_al/mine/13Small.jpg
____________________
Yamaha FZR400RR 3tj
My Instagram Thingy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:39 - 12 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy car Al.

Yeah the eclipse is a little girly fwd car. He just wants to keep the Zed clean and use the eclipse for every day. He supposily got a good deal on it. Granted I would of had a 350z for the price Wink

He is thinking on bigger turbos and running 12psi boost. Laughing He reckons he can make it a 10 second car for not a lot of money. Cool
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Paddy Blake
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:02 - 12 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The color suit you Mcgee.Be sure to wear the bike jacket when you are
driving it.it kind of says your just driving it while the high powered bike is being serviced. Smile

Paddy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:20 - 14 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a n/a 300zx once, then i got the twin turbo and it had race logic traction control fitted which is brilliant, and a must!

it was dyno'd at 340bhp and 380 ft.lbs of torque but yeah it was heavy but i wouldn't say it was much slower than my gsxr600, got to the same speed on the same stretch of road (indicated 160).. brakes weren't up to the job really though at times.

lovely looking cars, great to drive and cruise around in, just expensive to run and got two turbos to look after Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 14 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeV6 wrote:


lovely looking cars, great to drive and cruise around in,


And thats all I want one for Cool
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:47 - 15 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
:

He is thinking on bigger turbos and running 12psi boost. Laughing He reckons he can make it a 10 second car for not a lot of money. Cool


I'm thinking a lot of money, some serious stripping of weight (1600kg = ouch) and some specialisation of suspension for launch rather than cornering for that sort of time. Not 5 minutes with a boost controller and some bigger soup cans with spinny bits in them.
____________________
Bikes: too many, too much for one man to maintain anyway.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:49 - 15 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I don't tell him what to do, I leave him to it Laughing

He wouldn't strip it any ways to clean. Laughing
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:02 - 15 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think this guy liked his: https://forums.beyond.ca/st/193160/my-worst-nightmare Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:09 - 15 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:


Old Wink

Love him crying in the vids.

Feel bad for the guy Crying or Very sad
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:17 - 15 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
instigator wrote:


Old Wink

Love him crying in the vids.

Feel bad for the guy Crying or Very sad


I should know not to give you a link, I had forgotten that you are the internet after all. Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:40 - 15 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:

I should know not to give you a link, I had forgotten that you are the internet after all. Mr. Green


To right, I'm fat and lonely and don't leave the PC Laughing Mr. Green
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.87 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 101.57 Kb