|
|
| Author |
Message |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:54 - 12 Oct 2007 Post subject: 300zx TT Any one else driven one |
 |
|
Well was offered to rag around in a mates 300zx TT while he drove his new toy a turbo eclipse
Well first things first it eats the petrol about 15mpg and thats being generous. Went through a tank tonight just playing and about a quarter of the one I put in.
I don't know why i like it it just looks right these cars are sexy and still turn heads 17 years on. I have driven lotus's, vette's, camero's and the odd muscle car and this car gets more looks
This one sits on 18's and has coilovers of some description. I think its set a little stiff but who cares it sticks to the road.
I love the inside of this car. It's just functional and sexy everything is where its needed. The sound system in this one was uprated so can't tell you what the stock ones like but still I heard its crap. Also people moan about the blind spot but if you actually look instead of just using your mirrors your fine.
Flying down the high street at over 90+ having an eclipse chasing you with Pendulum - Fasten Your Seltbelt blasting out of your sound system at 3am and the streets are dead, coming into the city with 4 lanes to play with was intense. The noise of the dump valve and turbo with the twin hks cat-back cans through a tunnel was by far the best noise I have heard a jap car make ever.
Its likes to paint the road to gotta be careful
My main gripe is the car is heavy and you really notice this just driving around in town with traffic lights etc. Now its not slow by any means it just feels heavy around the city, and the brakes suck.
But when you get on it, it flies. The rear end likes to step out occasionally but power sliding (drifting for pro's ) around some back roads is a laugh.
Its a well planted car doesn't get fazed by most things but I reckon if you were going for it chasing something in the back roads if you have not experienced a slide I think you will loose it.
I had it up to 145mph and it was still pulling
It eats tyres from what I'm told and the ones he has on it are $900 a set and he goes through them very quickly, but I can honestly see why. Its putting out over 422 at the wheels with the mods done.
I have been told maintenance can be costly. Try $1,000 for the injectors but you can get away with just cleaning them.
Problem is he wont sell it, its only got 40,000 miles on it and is mint.
Not the one I drove but same model and colour.
https://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6522/11mediumaj1.jpg
I would of stuck up some pics but the camera on my phone doesn't do night shots they all come out blured or really really fuzzy.
I want one, there is a white twin turbo locally for 4000 but needs some work to the front end but still
Any one else driven one, and whats your views ?
Also it eats scoobies  ____________________ ◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Al |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Al World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Feb 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:21 - 12 Oct 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I used to have Z32 300zx TT
I brought it when I was 21 ish as my insurance got a bit cheaper, well as cheap as it can be on a RWD 3.0L V6 24v twin turbo'd car.
I only had it for about 8-9 months because the running costs were getting way too much, little bits kept breaking, but as I found out little bits were bloody expensive!
It was also a bit thirsty
Mine was lightly tuned-
1.0bar boost
free flow filters.
de-cat pipes.
enough for just under 350bhp and a load of torque.
It was a good 8-9months
Like you said it was a bit lardy around town, mine had pretty bad turbo lag, but once on a big open road it just flew!
0-60 wasn't that special but 50-100ish (overtaking speeds) it just seemed to have so much grunt.
It looked cool aswell if a little dated, as I only look about 12 I'm sure most people thought I'd stolen it.
I remember giving a girl a lift back from the pub when it was dark and she though it was some kind of supercar, she kept asking if I was a footballer or something, hopefully she didn't see the Nissan badge when she got out
I sold it in the end and brought a N/A mk2 Mr2 which was actually a better car to drive, it just didn't have the power the zed did.
Isn't an eclipse fairly slow and FWD? tell your friend to not be such a gay.
here's my old one-
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/big_al/mine/al_300zxtt2Small.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/big_al/mine/6Small.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/big_al/mine/13Small.jpg ____________________ Yamaha FZR400RR 3tj
My Instagram Thingy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:39 - 12 Oct 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sexy car Al.
Yeah the eclipse is a little girly fwd car. He just wants to keep the Zed clean and use the eclipse for every day. He supposily got a good deal on it. Granted I would of had a 350z for the price
He is thinking on bigger turbos and running 12psi boost. He reckons he can make it a 10 second car for not a lot of money.  ____________________ ◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blau Zedong |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Blau Zedong Banned

Joined: 26 Jun 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:44 - 12 Oct 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Lovely cars but getting on a bit. Shudder to think of the prospect of buying a bad 'un. HICAS, twin turbo etc..lots to go wrong. ____________________ 18:54:48 Rob Fzs: jews don't give away stuff for free
18:54:59 Rob Fzs: unless its their clothes/ hair/ golden teeth |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paddy Blake |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paddy Blake World Chat Champion
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:02 - 12 Oct 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
The color suit you Mcgee.Be sure to wear the bike jacket when you are
driving it.it kind of says your just driving it while the high powered bike is being serviced.
Paddy. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| KevTM |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 KevTM World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:20 - 14 Oct 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
had a n/a 300zx once, then i got the twin turbo and it had race logic traction control fitted which is brilliant, and a must!
it was dyno'd at 340bhp and 380 ft.lbs of torque but yeah it was heavy but i wouldn't say it was much slower than my gsxr600, got to the same speed on the same stretch of road (indicated 160).. brakes weren't up to the job really though at times.
lovely looking cars, great to drive and cruise around in, just expensive to run and got two turbos to look after  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lilredmachine |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lilredmachine World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:02 - 15 Oct 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:17 - 15 Oct 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
| McGee wrote: |
Old
Love him crying in the vids.
Feel bad for the guy  |
I should know not to give you a link, I had forgotten that you are the internet after all.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:40 - 15 Oct 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|