Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


i dont get it?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:25 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: i dont get it? Reply with quote

why the whole jamie stokes hate thing? ive been on the forum for a few months now and i still dont really understand what hes "done" ? anybody care to explain? or even better does jamie care to explain? seems like a nice enough guy to me so what am i missing?

i dont want this to turn into another flame war thread just after a strait answer so sorry in advance if it stirs anything

c_dug
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:33 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply...another BCF bandwagon, run by some established members and carried on by the N00bz.
I have no idea what the problem is, i really have better things to be doing with my time then hunting Jamie posts.
He's a nice lad.
Thumbs Up
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NinaMarie
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 04 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:01 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Re: i dont get it? Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
why the whole jamie stokes hate thing? ive been on the forum for a few months now and i still dont really understand what hes "done" ? anybody care to explain? or even better does jamie care to explain? seems like a nice enough guy to me so what am i missing?

i dont want this to turn into another flame war thread just after a strait answer so sorry in advance if it stirs anything

c_dug



I thought exactly the same when i joined....
Now i just don't care and have better things to read rather than getting myself confused... Very Happy (quite easy as i am blonde Shifty)

And oh my god killa i have literally just realised that the skull on your avatar has a knife through it Embarassed
____________________
Sym Fiddle: SOLD
Gilera Coguar 125: Written off!!
CBR125R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jamie S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:10 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Re: i dont get it? Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
anybody care to explain? or even better does Jamie care to explain?


I personally don't know to be totally honest pal, a lot of it revolves around people not believing a 15 year old can have a nicer bike than them, I put a lot of hard work in to my bikes and am extremely proud of them, , I think people find it hard to understand why on earth a 15 year old would even be interested in classic bikes ect , I have been in to bikes since I was 6/7 , first bike was a 1980 Yamaha TY80 trials , had to many bikes to list since then , but in that time I have learnt how to fix them my self and how to sort problems on them to the best of my ability's.
I don't go to school as I go kicked out a year and 2 months ago , I have a lot of spare time and spent quite a lot of time on here , I think it's a really great place.
I will admit to having a short fuse.
I don't think that when I first joined I did my self any favors by using " Text style" speech , I do Honestly try my best now and in the past year that I have been coming on bcf I have vastly improved my spelling capability's , all again down to this site , I'll tell you one thing I wouldn't of learn as much in school as I have on here that's for sure , I hated school and all I wanted to do when I was there was come home and work on my bikes , After a lot of times coming home early, IE disappearing half way through the day they finally had enough of me when I punched a teacher and sent me packing.
I currently go to college one day a week and that is increasing up to two next week , doing an engineering/ agricultural and tractor maintenance course. ( get to drive big tractor's , woohoo Razz)
I do have a few problems that I'm not going to go in to to much detail about as I have said about them in the past , on I will mention though is that fact that I have ADHD and thus means I have the tendency to go way off topic from time to time. (A Bit like this post then I suppose. Razz)
I think things are a lot better now pal than they used to be , if you think I get treated badly now , go have a quick search in fights and flame wars and you will see it used to be a lot worse.
I don't mean to upset or annoy anyone here, but often do.
Some of the people who know me properly , Ie have met me like teaman and Queen of string will tell you that I'm quite a nice person in real life , just sometimes struggle to get what I want to say across properly with out offending people.
Also people who talk to me on msn, like mcgee , killa , fenton , shleppy , lozzy, phil_g, mattsprat ect ect will know that when in the situation were I can explain properly what I mean that I am able to get what I want to say across much better than on here.
I used to be obsessed with Karma as well , but have given up on that job now as it is boring. Very Happy
If any one would like to point out any "bad" things that I still do, would you be so kind as to point them out to me , with out making this thread in to a F+FW.
I would really like to get on with every one on here so if I do something that annoys you or pisses you off ect !PLEASE! tell me, how else am I supposed to learn, weather that be via Pm, msn ([email protected]) or a post in this thread, thats up to you.
Sorry about rambling on a bit but I though I best just clear up a few things to begin with.
Thumbs Up
Ps , I'm tired and have probably just posted a load of tripe , will check what I have wrote with a clear head in the morning so forgive me till then.
Very Happy


Last edited by Jamie S on 18:22 - 15 Nov 2007; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bob a
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:52 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a good reply - not knowing the issues.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:01 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Jamie is ok, he posts when he has something to say that can add to the discussion, and his posts are legible, showing he does put in some efforts.

The Jamie bashing was when he was new here, and felt compelled to post in every single post, even if it was just to say lol. His spelling was all over the place and punctuation pretty random. He also brought some of it on by downrating anyone who disagreed with him, so often got got up in his own karma wars.

As I said he has come on leaps and bounds (as he admits himself) and now you only get the occasional post in the wrong place & time, last I can remember was in the Luke VFR 'gone before his time' Hoax, so well done young man because we can all see that you are making immense efforts to conform to some of societys base rules Thumbs Up
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:14 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what fucked most people off, was some of the dodgy/wrong advice he gave out in the workshop and general bike chat. Clearly he's shaping up to be a pretty decent bloke nowadays, and is definately starting to fit in Razz
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

jackw72
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:55 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend. Thumbs Up
____________________
08/11/2007 A2 Passed.
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K3
Rapid Training passed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jamie S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:38 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackw72 wrote:
Legend. Thumbs Up


Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:55 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Re: i dont get it? Reply with quote

jamie stokes wrote:

Also people who talk to me on msn, like mcgee , killa , fenton , shleppy , lozzy, phil_g ect ect

What about me?
Crying or Very sad

Though the conversation about relative tyre pressures did get a bit heated - mainly because I hadn't had a decent argument in ages Laughing

Jamie's alright! Though does have a tendancy to wander.

(and if you think his paint on the Ariel is crap, you shoulda seen my RS!)
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:59 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, well written reply Jamie. Thumbs Up
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jamie S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:00 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Re: i dont get it? Reply with quote

truslack wrote:
(and if you think his paint on the Ariel is crap, you shoulda seen my RS!)


I will admit , I did get REALLY pissed off and annoyed about the comments about the Ariels paint ,if you click the link in my signature you will see it's a very nice paint job.

Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ben.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:06 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie seems like a nice bloke, hes very easy to bait into an argument ive noticed.
Some people like you and some don't, thats life.
____________________
follow my racing season
Race bike - R6
Road bike - sv650
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:17 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Re: i dont get it? Reply with quote

Ninaroo wrote:
And oh my god killa i have literally just realised that the skull on your avatar has a knife through it Embarassed


That's what happend to the last person who didn't take notice of my avatar.

YOUR NEXT! Twisted Evil
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:33 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask jamie a question and he will always answer and be helpful and polite. His grammar is bloody better than mine and has enough guts to come back to this forum when people are particularly nasty about things like his person appearance which is immature and he is the one who is 15 and them older. Rolling Eyes I don't know why he gets so much shit I think some where think a 15 year old is an easy target and the rest jump on a bandwagon. Makes the older ones look pathetic form my view though.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:18 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Re: i dont get it? Reply with quote

truslack wrote:
Though does have a tendancy to wander.


What a 15 year old with ADHD, no way! Tut Tut

Forming the all new S.A.S - Stokes Appreciation Society
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:29 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.woolworths.co.uk/product_images/12/77/20/12772086.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jackw72
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:06 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need badges and logos for the S.A.S

Mr. Green Thumbs Up
____________________
08/11/2007 A2 Passed.
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K3
Rapid Training passed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 327 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.81 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 109.75 Kb