Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


OT online Form Help

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

moonym20
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 12 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:57 - 09 Dec 2003    Post subject: OT online Form Help Reply with quote

hi, having a few problems getting an online form to send data back to an e-mail account

i'm new to the website designing stuff so bear with me

Basically i created a form in Front Page 2000/XP using its own 'webbot' or Front Page extensions

when i tested it, the server (hosted by cobwebsolutions) our business is registered with bounced a message back that Front Page Extensions was not supported (you have to buy the upgrade (£129!) in order to send data back from forms)

So i looked around and tried several CGI programs....I uploaded them to my user area and even used the suggested forms submitted by the developers....checked that I had the correct mail server selected etc.... when I tried it I got the IE error 405 saying that resource was not permitted Sad

So I was wondring if anybody knew what i sould do now,
Is it possible to get an account with a free server which already has Microsoft FPE or upload my own CGI program again, and then tell my form to route its data to the program on that server and send the data??

any suggestions would be great Mr. Green
____________________
A scientist crossed a skunk with an owl. He's got a bird that smells but doesn't give a hoot Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carvell
Scuttler



Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:01 - 09 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

Set the form action as "mailto:[email protected]" (only use your e-mail address)

If you don't know exactly what I mean then let me know and I'll explain it to you. Smile
____________________
Yamaha TDM 850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

moonym20
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 12 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:04 - 09 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that.....i tried it but found it annoying as you then have to let your default mail program open to send the data.....i'm trying to aviod that if I can

thanks for the suggestgion Very Happy
____________________
A scientist crossed a skunk with an owl. He's got a bird that smells but doesn't give a hoot Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:09 - 09 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for some PHP stuff (I think thats what I used to do what your after doing), theres plenty of code about and once you find some come back and ask.

Basically I posted a lot when I was trying to get mine to work as I had never coded in php before, and in fact have never since. Laughing there again it may not have even been php I did it in.

Sorry not really much use am I.
____________________
The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

moonym20
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 12 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:11 - 09 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers......well at least PHP is another lead to go look at Very Happy so it is in indeed helpful
____________________
A scientist crossed a skunk with an owl. He's got a bird that smells but doesn't give a hoot Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Susi
Whitton Girl



Joined: 06 Jun 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:16 - 09 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, I've got an extremely simple form to email script for you to download. Not only is it spam proof, but it's quite easy to set up.
____________________
Sometimes, I like to think I'm 'spe-cial'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

moonym20
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 12 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:20 - 09 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Susi

thats looks like it will do the trick Mr. Green


if the karma system was how it used to be i'd give ya a point Very Happy
____________________
A scientist crossed a skunk with an owl. He's got a bird that smells but doesn't give a hoot Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Susi
Whitton Girl



Joined: 06 Jun 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:24 - 09 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonym20 wrote:
Thanks Susi

thats looks like it will do the trick Mr. Green


if the karma system was how it used to be i'd give ya a point Very Happy


Very Happy It's cool, I know the complete workings of the karma system... I could play it if I wanted to.
____________________
Sometimes, I like to think I'm 'spe-cial'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:26 - 10 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susi wrote:

Very Happy It's cool, I know the complete workings of the karma system... I could play it if I wanted to.


If I sleep with Zim and threaten him with no sex will he tell me the workings of it too? Laughing
____________________
The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Susi
Whitton Girl



Joined: 06 Jun 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:03 - 10 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hex wrote:
Susi wrote:

Very Happy It's cool, I know the complete workings of the karma system... I could play it if I wanted to.


If I sleep with Zim and threaten him with no sex will he tell me the workings of it too? Laughing


Unfortunately Hex, he already has a gay lover who goes by the name of Chris and is the absolute best at making Squashed Frogs. They've been lovers for some time now since Chris took his anal virginity a few months back. There's no separating them, they're joined at the 'out' hole.

So the answer is no, but I'm sure that you're sufficiently intelligent enough to work it out. If you haven't realised yet everyone on the forum knows a little different snippet, so if you ask each one what their secret ingredient is (just like KFC!) I'm sure you'll gather enough information to play the game.
____________________
Sometimes, I like to think I'm 'spe-cial'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:39 - 10 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Oh I know how to play the game. Laughing

Twas just an excuse to try and get in bed with Zim. Laughing
____________________
The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 308 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.31 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 72.9 Kb