|
|
| Author |
Message |
| moonym20 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 moonym20 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 12 Jun 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:57 - 09 Dec 2003 Post subject: OT online Form Help |
 |
|
hi, having a few problems getting an online form to send data back to an e-mail account
i'm new to the website designing stuff so bear with me
Basically i created a form in Front Page 2000/XP using its own 'webbot' or Front Page extensions
when i tested it, the server (hosted by cobwebsolutions) our business is registered with bounced a message back that Front Page Extensions was not supported (you have to buy the upgrade (£129!) in order to send data back from forms)
So i looked around and tried several CGI programs....I uploaded them to my user area and even used the suggested forms submitted by the developers....checked that I had the correct mail server selected etc.... when I tried it I got the IE error 405 saying that resource was not permitted
So I was wondring if anybody knew what i sould do now,
Is it possible to get an account with a free server which already has Microsoft FPE or upload my own CGI program again, and then tell my form to route its data to the program on that server and send the data??
any suggestions would be great  ____________________ A scientist crossed a skunk with an owl. He's got a bird that smells but doesn't give a hoot  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carvell |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carvell Scuttler

Joined: 05 Sep 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:01 - 09 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yes.
Set the form action as "mailto:[email protected]" (only use your e-mail address)
If you don't know exactly what I mean then let me know and I'll explain it to you.  ____________________ Yamaha TDM 850 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| moonym20 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 moonym20 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 12 Jun 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:04 - 09 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
I understand that.....i tried it but found it annoying as you then have to let your default mail program open to send the data.....i'm trying to aviod that if I can
thanks for the suggestgion  ____________________ A scientist crossed a skunk with an owl. He's got a bird that smells but doesn't give a hoot  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hex Party Boy

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:09 - 09 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Look for some PHP stuff (I think thats what I used to do what your after doing), theres plenty of code about and once you find some come back and ask.
Basically I posted a lot when I was trying to get mine to work as I had never coded in php before, and in fact have never since. there again it may not have even been php I did it in.
Sorry not really much use am I. ____________________ The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| moonym20 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 moonym20 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 12 Jun 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:11 - 09 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cheers......well at least PHP is another lead to go look at so it is in indeed helpful ____________________ A scientist crossed a skunk with an owl. He's got a bird that smells but doesn't give a hoot  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Susi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Susi Whitton Girl

Joined: 06 Jun 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| moonym20 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 moonym20 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 12 Jun 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:20 - 09 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks Susi
thats looks like it will do the trick
if the karma system was how it used to be i'd give ya a point  ____________________ A scientist crossed a skunk with an owl. He's got a bird that smells but doesn't give a hoot  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Susi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Susi Whitton Girl

Joined: 06 Jun 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hex Party Boy

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Susi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Susi Whitton Girl

Joined: 06 Jun 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hex Party Boy

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:39 - 10 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Oh I know how to play the game.
Twas just an excuse to try and get in bed with Zim.  ____________________ The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 22 years, 307 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|