|
|
| Author |
Message |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cigaro |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cigaro World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:17 - 05 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hey.
Thanks for the reply. Yup, its all back working, had to replace the ignition cable and the fuse in the ignition relay, (which is why it was dead.)
Unfortunately (although its just a pain) they've bents the steering lock pin, probably while trying to break it. The handlebars now lock in a slightly more 'straightened' position. I might have a look at that soon though.
The major downside is I now have to leave the bike out in the open in front of all the flats so its over looked. It was undernieth in the parking area, but no one can see it under there. I put a wee note on the two other bikes that are usually parked, I noticed they're now parked out front too.
The one evening I have an early night and this happens. I'm normally out smoking a fag as late as 2 or 3 am most mornings, I'd have definitely heard them.
Oh well, what can you do  ____________________ Didn't catch anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phil_P |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phil_P Trackday Trickster

Joined: 10 Nov 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:38 - 05 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
You can pick up cheap paging alarms off fleabay, then you'd get an alert if someone messed with it.
I've just fitted an el cheapo 'Hawk' alarm on mine for about £20. No pager but it makes a handy racket if anyone messes with it. I reckon a lot of the failures that people get with alarms are down to poor installation, using splice in connectors and that sort of thing. I soldered all the wiring on mine and not had a hiccup out of it so far (touch wood).
The other thing I've got is one of these;
https://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=99114&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=personal%20locater&doy=5m12
It's being used by the boy child at the moment, but when he's grown up enough to use a proper mobile, that one will be hard wired hidden on the bike. If the bike gets nicked, send a text message to the locater and it'll text back its' GPS location. ____________________ It is not enough to win, others must fail.
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport Injection '96 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pie-Roe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pie-Roe World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:11 - 05 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
The one thing I've got on my bike is a little rape alarm. When I put the cover or chain on, I put the bit that plugs into it through a loop in either of the above,(while its making a big ole racket) then put it through the pillion foot rest little circly thing, and then reattatch it. Did have one for both sides but I lost one
I did a paint
https://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1466/awwyeahnm8.png
Aw yeah. Something good about a lame paint drawing coming together.
Pyro ____________________ Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hmmmnz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hmmmnz Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:18 - 06 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hey.
A friend suggested a rape alarm, that pager/tracker thing is pretty cool too. I'll have a wee look around for alarms, worth doing now I think.
The tracker would need to be out in the open to take advantage of the GPS feature, some jiggery pokery with the antenna would be needed.
I'll bodge a rape alarm in the interim.
 ____________________ Didn't catch anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phil_P |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phil_P Trackday Trickster

Joined: 10 Nov 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| UnknownStuntm... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 UnknownStuntm... World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phil_P |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phil_P Trackday Trickster

Joined: 10 Nov 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 299 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|