Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


(Kinda) Newbie :)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

skippy
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:03 - 17 Dec 2003    Post subject: (Kinda) Newbie :) Reply with quote

Hi all Smile

Been hanging around for ages, posted here and there, but decided to get my act together (that and a kinda prod from Syfoon so that he isn't the only MK regular :p) and post a bit more now Smile

Bit about me, I'm 17, haven't got a bike yet, but am doing my test early next year, when i'll hopefully get a CBR250 Smile
Was supposed to buy Wingchunal's NSR back in june, but due to my amazing maths skills, I didn't have enough money Sad

So, hope to ride with some of you soon Smile


Chris
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 17 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you've made a comeback matey Smile. If you remember me, I'm the nutter who wanted to buy that NSR off wingchunal before you Razz . Due to dodgy finances i am also still NSR-less, but not for much longer Very Happy .

Rolling Eyes In fact, the first message i ever posted on the forum was to you Razz .
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 17 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allo skippy. CBR250 should be lots of fun Very Happy

NSR125-Kid-UK wrote:

Rolling Eyes In fact, the first message i ever posted on the forum was to you Razz .


Oh no it wasn't Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:37 - 17 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Confused . What about the first new topic i ever posted which was i believe, entitled "Hey skippy!!" Razz
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

skippy
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:40 - 17 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Allo skippy. CBR250 should be lots of fun Very Happy


Yea I'm hoping so Smile got a quote (full quote and all, rang up to confirm) for fully comp for £422 Shocked £130ish cheaper than TPFT?! oh well im not complaining Razz

And the 23k redline....mmmmmmmmmmmm
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

skippy
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:41 - 17 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn double post
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 17 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

*spills his drink* Shocked 23 hmm. That'd hurt my ears somewhat, the lining on my lid isn't what it was. I'll buy Arai next time Razz .
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:54 - 17 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR125-Kid-UK wrote:
*spills his drink* Shocked 23 hmm. That'd hurt my ears somewhat, the lining on my lid isn't what it was. I'll buy Arai next time Razz .


Get a Roof Diversion. Arais are *really* noisy from what I hear <edit> No pun intended Smile</edit>.
Protective but noisy. I have the Roof Daytona Cool which is like the Diversion except its got a lovely white stripe!


/Me hauls thread back onto topic.

G'day skippy, I hope there are no children trapped down the old abandoned mine today Wink Very Happy
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:01 - 18 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Twitch twitch* Very Happy .
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School



Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:12 - 18 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome skippy. CBR250 is a nice bike, have you found one for sale you want?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:51 - 18 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooooooo a Kangerooooooo

I like kangeroos, not as much as penguins though. I'm getting a penguin for Christmas.


Are you really entirely sure about the CBR250 thing? Theyre very small, and very rare. (Although remarkably pretty Very Happy)
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:26 - 18 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
I'm getting a penguin for Christmas.

I guess it would make a change from Turkey Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School



Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:35 - 18 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Annabella wrote:
I'm getting a penguin for Christmas.

I guess it would make a change from Turkey Smile
Laughing LOL Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

skippy
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:44 - 18 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol penguin for christmas lunch....different I suppose Laughing

At the moment I haven't got a CBR i want to buy though, always looking and i'm in no rush at the moment as lessons and test are a few months off still, don't think that learning in the ice and wet would be the best idea, so I have to wait Sad

I know of one person that has has CBR250's, are they really that small? I am 6", would I fit?

Oh and MarJay - it's christmas time at the moment, Rudolph and the snowmen are the ones saving all the little kids who fall over Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Git
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:57 - 18 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

a hello from a total newbie to a kinda newbie...didnt make much sense but hi.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:27 - 18 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy's a kind of newby in the fact he's been a member of the forums for about a year but not posted much.
____________________
The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

skippy
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 23 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:31 - 18 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Hex has it right, registered ages ago, but went on kind of phases, where i'd stay for a month (just reading) then go for 3, then come back, then go etc Smile

But yea anyway, hello to you Git, and all those others as well
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G1_
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:39 - 18 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
Ooooooooooo a Kangerooooooo

I like kangeroos, not as much as penguins though. I'm getting a penguin for Christmas.


Are you really entirely sure about the CBR250 thing? Theyre very small, and very rare. (Although remarkably pretty Very Happy)


I went to the beach yesterday and swam with penguins. I also played tenpin bowling with them, quite funny!

btw skippy I would hardly call you a newbie you've been here longer than many! But in any case I'll have a coke and vodka thanks.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady



Joined: 07 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:16 - 18 Dec 2003    Post subject: Re: (Kinda) Newbie :) Reply with quote

Hi there - welcome to your new permanancy!

Karma

skippy wrote:
Hi all Smile

Been hanging around for ages, posted here and there, but decided to get my act together (that and a kinda prod from Syfoon so that he isn't the only MK regular :p) and post a bit more now Smile

Bit about me, I'm 17, haven't got a bike yet, but am doing my test early next year, when i'll hopefully get a CBR250 Smile
Was supposed to buy Wingchunal's NSR back in june, but due to my amazing maths skills, I didn't have enough money Sad

So, hope to ride with some of you soon Smile


Chris

____________________
Karma - Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:06 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly boys, why would I want to eat a penguin? They're far too cute.

I'm going to have one of those really sweet baby ones, keep it in the bath and take it for walks on cold days. And when he gets smelly he can go for a swim in the Taff Very Happy



I'm very envious of you Ginger. Could you post me a couple?
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady



Joined: 07 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:12 - 21 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see that penguin on 'Animals do the funniest things' It got caught in the nets of a hong kong trawler and one of the salors took it home to nurse it better. It knows the way to the local fish market dissapears from home regularaly to go there so they out a tiny penguin shaped rucksac on it and when he gets to the fish market he gets a big fish for himself and they put fish in the rucksak for him to bring back for the families dinner!

I am sure he would still rather go to real home but all the locals know him and all help him cool off with hoses and ponds!

Annabella wrote:
Silly boys, why would I want to eat a penguin? They're far too cute.

I'm going to have one of those really sweet baby ones, keep it in the bath and take it for walks on cold days. And when he gets smelly he can go for a swim in the Taff Very Happy



I'm very envious of you Ginger. Could you post me a couple?

____________________
Karma - Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 294 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.96 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 117.77 Kb