Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I've bought a defibrilator

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Korn
Admin



Joined: 01 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:09 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: I've bought a defibrilator Reply with quote

Since I'm currently stuck at home sitting on my arse I've been trying to make some sort of attempt at doing exercise - so I don't turn into a complete couch potato by the time I can walk again. Now while scouring eBay for exercise weights one of the things I found was one of these machines that lets you stick pads to yourself and then makes your muscles contract for you while you sit in bed watching TV. Interesting, thinks I, so I put in a bid just for the sake of it and lo and behold I ended up winning.

So this thing arrives today, in a little plastic case, and me being me I get it out and start plugging things in and connecting things up without even a thought to looking at the instructions. Sitting on the edge of the bed with two of these pad things attached to my gut I turn the little dial up half way and press the button...

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Holy shit. I have never been inclined to connect myself to the national grid before but I now have a pretty good idea of what it would feel like. This thing could re-animate the dead, in fact I'm pretty sure that if amnesty international got hold of one they would press for an immediate ban.

So... I propose a contest, preferably to be held on an occasion when the participants are suitable pissed to dull some of the excruciating pain this device delivers. Whoever can sit through one 2 second pulse of this thing cranked up to MAX shall be proclaimed 'ard bastard in chief. Who's with me?

I will not be held responsible if you die, though I will do my best to restart your heart should the need arise.
____________________
3516 Miles, 11 Countries
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:23 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen them on QVC and they do always seem to be demonstrated by an incredibly wizened woman who grimaces quite a lot when she turns it on, and then boasts about how she can use it at maximum, something that should never be attempted by mere beginners.

Like the sound of the challenge tho... does the manual have recommended settings for hobbits? Twisted Evil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin



Joined: 14 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:28 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...reminds me of one of my favourite scenes in the Jackass movie. Laughing

Should make an interesting "extra" on the BCF DVD... Wink
____________________
TiN
dotgems.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ProXimaCore
Dougal



Joined: 01 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:33 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those things do feel weird. I only have the stomach one but I opted for the advanced one at £150! Shocked I use it at maximum setting for up to an hour at a time. I thought i could make good use of it at work since i sat at a computer all day. It made phone conversations quite difficult. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Susi
Whitton Girl



Joined: 06 Jun 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

You know I've always been inclined to try them, but I fear that it will kill me as I've been electrocuted quite a few times in the past and screamed for my life. The first time I got electrocuted (I'm talking about big charges not small ones) was in a supermarket whilst touching the counter and trying to pick up a bottle of liquid softener. The second was my own fault for putting my tongue a wire that was basically plugged into the mains. Stupid I know, but at the time I really wasn't thinking Rolling Eyes.
____________________
Sometimes, I like to think I'm 'spe-cial'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, try strapping it to your arm. I have done this before and I nearly smacked myself in the face (note the electrical pulse force your hand to open , so at least your hand wont be a clenched fist).
____________________
"Unlike public school you don't need to have your arse up and your head down to go a long way...."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:17 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what they did and Jackass and attach it to your balls. Exclamation Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ProXimaCore
Dougal



Joined: 01 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:20 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

A group of my mates once put 2 pads on one of my other mate's face while he was asleep and turned it on full blast. It was the funniest thing ever. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Jay This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:28 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Re: I've bought a defibrilator Reply with quote

2 seconds? It'd most people longer than that to realise that pain is occuring when they're well pissed Smile Twisted Evil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Jay This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Dusty
King of the Rim



Joined: 25 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:35 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Re: I've bought a defibrilator Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
2 seconds? It'd most people longer than that to realise that pain is occuring when they're well pissed Smile Twisted Evil


Says the man who clamps himself. Rolling Eyes

Give it to Ste when he's pissed, I garruntee he'll take the 2 second blast before he's even realised what he's doing to himself. Can't you tamper with it and set it up to sustain longer blasts? Confused
____________________
Gallery
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:00 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Get me a keg and a few other various buckets of beverages, and i'll give it a go! Very Happy
____________________
Bom Chicka WAHHH WAHHHHHHH!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Jay This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:33 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Jay wrote:
mikehenry85 wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Get me a keg and a few other various buckets of beverages, and i'll give it a go! Very Happy


It aint as good when you've had a drink, people don't show their full emotion because they can't feel how bad it really feels.

Its a lot more comical when they're sober, trust me.
Oh I love this game, anyone else want to arrange a game some time? Laughing


LOL! okay so I guess i'll try it when i'm drunk first see how things go, if I don't like it then, I think i'll pass on it when i'm sober! Razz Laughing
____________________
Bom Chicka WAHHH WAHHHHHHH!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Syfoon
TRUCK!!!



Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:33 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Re: I've bought a defibrilator Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
So... I propose a contest, preferably to be held on an occasion when the participants are suitable pissed to dull some of the excruciating pain this device delivers. Whoever can sit through one 2 second pulse of this thing cranked up to MAX shall be proclaimed 'ard bastard in chief. Who's with me?

I will not be held responsible if you die, though I will do my best to restart your heart should the need arise.

I'll have a go on or sometime after the 28th. Just as long as its not on my gonads, face or elsewhere sensitive.

Hook it up to a electrical charge meter thingygeebib. Wonder what kind of power it has Razz.

/me flexes his gut in readiness
____________________
Not here...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

John
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:54 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, HATE those things.

Somewhere we've got an old one, it makes sparks though, and makes the room smell of electricity.

Hmm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mr jamez
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:55 - 19 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise electricity had a smell Wink

Sounds like something your mum would say Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.6 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 107.56 Kb