|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Korn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Korn Admin

Joined: 01 Feb 2002 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 16:09 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: I've bought a defibrilator |
 |
|
Since I'm currently stuck at home sitting on my arse I've been trying to make some sort of attempt at doing exercise - so I don't turn into a complete couch potato by the time I can walk again. Now while scouring eBay for exercise weights one of the things I found was one of these machines that lets you stick pads to yourself and then makes your muscles contract for you while you sit in bed watching TV. Interesting, thinks I, so I put in a bid just for the sake of it and lo and behold I ended up winning.
So this thing arrives today, in a little plastic case, and me being me I get it out and start plugging things in and connecting things up without even a thought to looking at the instructions. Sitting on the edge of the bed with two of these pad things attached to my gut I turn the little dial up half way and press the button...
Holy shit. I have never been inclined to connect myself to the national grid before but I now have a pretty good idea of what it would feel like. This thing could re-animate the dead, in fact I'm pretty sure that if amnesty international got hold of one they would press for an immediate ban.
So... I propose a contest, preferably to be held on an occasion when the participants are suitable pissed to dull some of the excruciating pain this device delivers. Whoever can sit through one 2 second pulse of this thing cranked up to MAX shall be proclaimed 'ard bastard in chief. Who's with me?
I will not be held responsible if you die, though I will do my best to restart your heart should the need arise. ____________________ 3516 Miles, 11 Countries |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:23 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've seen them on QVC and they do always seem to be demonstrated by an incredibly wizened woman who grimaces quite a lot when she turns it on, and then boasts about how she can use it at maximum, something that should never be attempted by mere beginners.
Like the sound of the challenge tho... does the manual have recommended settings for hobbits?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TiN |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TiN Pocket Tin

Joined: 14 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:28 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hmm...reminds me of one of my favourite scenes in the Jackass movie.
Should make an interesting "extra" on the BCF DVD...  ____________________ TiN
dotgems.net |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ProXimaCore |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ProXimaCore Dougal

Joined: 01 May 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:33 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Those things do feel weird. I only have the stomach one but I opted for the advanced one at £150! I use it at maximum setting for up to an hour at a time. I thought i could make good use of it at work since i sat at a computer all day. It made phone conversations quite difficult.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Susi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Susi Whitton Girl

Joined: 06 Jun 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:43 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
You know I've always been inclined to try them, but I fear that it will kill me as I've been electrocuted quite a few times in the past and screamed for my life. The first time I got electrocuted (I'm talking about big charges not small ones) was in a supermarket whilst touching the counter and trying to pick up a bottle of liquid softener. The second was my own fault for putting my tongue a wire that was basically plugged into the mains. Stupid I know, but at the time I really wasn't thinking . ____________________ Sometimes, I like to think I'm 'spe-cial'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Stew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Stew If it's good enough for top race teams...

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:17 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Do what they did and Jackass and attach it to your balls.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ProXimaCore |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ProXimaCore Dougal

Joined: 01 May 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:20 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
A group of my mates once put 2 pads on one of my other mate's face while he was asleep and turned it on full blast. It was the funniest thing ever.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jay |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Jay Nova Slayer

Joined: 23 Nov 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:28 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Me and two mates had a right laugh with them once.
Seeing who could keep them on for the longest in stupid places around your body.
I think the worst place was on your teeth.
They can really teach you a thing or two on dancing as well when you watch your mate twisting and wriggling around the room.  ____________________ 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from
diarrhea.Does that mean the 5th one enjoys it? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:28 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: Re: I've bought a defibrilator |
 |
|
2 seconds? It'd most people longer than that to realise that pain is occuring when they're well pissed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jay |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Jay Nova Slayer

Joined: 23 Nov 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:34 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: Re: I've bought a defibrilator |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dusty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dusty King of the Rim

Joined: 25 Mar 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:35 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: Re: I've bought a defibrilator |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m i k e |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m i k e Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 17 Apr 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:00 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Get me a keg and a few other various buckets of beverages, and i'll give it a go!  ____________________ Bom Chicka WAHHH WAHHHHHHH! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jay |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Jay Nova Slayer

Joined: 23 Nov 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:04 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
It aint as good when you've had a drink, people don't show their full emotion because they can't feel how bad it really feels.
Its a lot more comical when they're sober, trust me.
Oh I love this game, anyone else want to arrange a game some time?  ____________________ 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from
diarrhea.Does that mean the 5th one enjoys it? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m i k e |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m i k e Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 17 Apr 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:33 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
| >Jay wrote: |
It aint as good when you've had a drink, people don't show their full emotion because they can't feel how bad it really feels.
Its a lot more comical when they're sober, trust me.
Oh I love this game, anyone else want to arrange a game some time?  |
LOL! okay so I guess i'll try it when i'm drunk first see how things go, if I don't like it then, I think i'll pass on it when i'm sober!  ____________________ Bom Chicka WAHHH WAHHHHHHH! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Syfoon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Syfoon TRUCK!!!

Joined: 29 Apr 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| John |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 John World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Apr 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mr jamez |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mr jamez World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:55 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
I didn't realise electricity had a smell
Sounds like something your mum would say  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 22 years, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|