Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Are you brand / type loyal?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:14 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Are you brand / type loyal? Reply with quote

I would like to say that I'm not as I'm not plastered in logos or certain brands and have a variety of clothing to suit a need and budget. However, if somethings been a good buy then I've bought or considered again and others will be a 'nice but no thanks'.

With regards to the bikes, had the ZXR and loved it, hated the FZR and now adore the 7R. Although I'd give my right nut for some of the European erotica thats about I'll probably stick with the Kawasaki despite what people may say about them as it just wouldn't feel right in a feng shui kind of way. The same goes for the style of bike, to ride a traditional styled commuter makes me shiver despite how sexy they may appear at a glance.

What say you?
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ravo
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 19 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:31 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No brand loyalty here. There was once a day when a brand would have a few years and gave you an honest reason to avoid their products, but those days are gone now. You just don't avoid Suzuki / Harley / Honda / Aprilia / Kawasaki / etc etc because you can't trust their bikes to not leak oil or have the brakes go out or get a piston knock at 16,000 miles or anything like that.

You might stick with a brand because of price or history, or the feel of the bike. Fun factor and social acceptance would be a big deal. I'd find it perfectly acceptable, albeit stupid, to buy solely because you know you'll fit in. But then at least with a Harley you know you're on the top tier of build and finish quality. Speaking of which, who's seen the new XR1200?

If Indian Scout 45s come out at the price of a Buell Blast, I'm a customer for life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Grav
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently riding Kwak number 5 and wont have any other make. I just don't feel right on any other bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

_Will_
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errrrm.... Shifty







Im a bike brand whore Mr. Green



Though i have my limits, not scuzzy enough for a 'Zuki Shocked
____________________
Past -Honda qr50 | 2004 Peugeot Tkr s 50|
| 1996 Yamaha XJ600s Diversion|
| 2005|Kawasaki Z750s | | 2006 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer |
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Al
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:49 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not brand loyal but I can see why people do become loyal to certain brands.

When you buy a brand of bike you then enter the world of that brand.
Joining forums for that brand, meeting people with bikes of the same brand, parts/servicing at a particular dealership that you become to trust.

Changing brand is a big thing! its like getting divorced and re-married Laughing

I suppose with clothing and accessories people buy something and if it turns out to be a good buy, they use the same brand again out of safety.
____________________
Yamaha FZR400RR 3tj
My Instagram Thingy


Last edited by Al on 19:18 - 24 Jan 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:51 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who are brand loyal are possibly missing out on the best bike they ever rode.

At the end of the day (hate using that) it is just a badge.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hmmmnz
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:59 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have had a taste of all the jap brands, i currently have a kwaka and will never buy another one again,
im not loyal to any brand though, i just get what ever suits me on the day that is the right price Mr. Green
____________________
the humans are dead
I kick arse for the lord
Wiring Diagrams BIDNIP it bitches
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm probably going to stick to Honda's from now on as they are superbly built machines, my VFR has been totally abused this winter (Ridden through 600 miles of salt and then left locked up in a shed for a week without a wash) and it still looks as good as the day I got it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cillit-BANG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:38 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only brand loyal if there is a reason behind it.

For example, I shall only now buy Wiz sliders due to the wonderful customer support and personal service they gave me last Xmas. There are hundreds of sliders to choose from but from now on my money will always go to Wiz.

I also had a nasty accident putting myself in a ditch a few years ago. Despite my Sidi boots being scuffed to bits, I suffered no injuries to my ankle/foot. I shall buy with confidence from them again.

95% of branding is clever marketing aiming to stir up customers aspirations. Your not just buying a product, but buying into a lifestyle created by media. I don't have a problem with that personally, however I will often now prefer to take advice from other people rather than relying on what the magazines lead you to believe.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Barker-CBR 600
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:43 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Al.

When you buy a Honda you are likely to want to take it to a Honda dealership to get its Honda parts attached in a Honda type of way. While your there buying things your probably going to get all you can from there as you can barter discounts etc with bikes... Pretty soon that place is your local and you wouldnt use any other as you know the blokes well enough to trust them with your pride and joy.

So i'd say maybe its more an element of dealership loyalty, everyone has their place they like to take their bike (if they cant fix it themselves).

As for brand, you buy what you know or what everyone says is good i think.
____________________
Previous - Gilera DNA50 / XVS125 Dragstar/Honda CBR 600F/GSF 650 Bandit
Current - 2013 Suzuki VZ800 Intruder
'Is this a rhetorical question?'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:37 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the guys in my local honda dealer are slightly shifty...

I think it's because they probably see me as a young idiot with a shiny bike that knows fuck all. Sad
____________________
'06 Honda CBR125RW-6 ~ '00 Honda CBR600F-Y ~ '07 Honda CBR600RR-7 ~ Bikeless Sad
'53 Ford Ka 1.3 ~ '03 Vauxhall Astra SRi 1.8 ~ '52 Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.2 ~ '53 Vauxhall Astra GSi
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:43 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all Whistle
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:01 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep gotta have 2 wheels Mr. Green

As for the badge who care's

The cloth's again so long as they fit and do what they are supposed to, again it don't matter. Thumbs Up
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fahd
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:03 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care who builds it, as long as it's a plastic fantastic! Cool
____________________
I Ride: Honda CBR 400RR.
I Drive: Audi S3.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:32 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda

There are more Hondas I want to ride then for any other manufacturers...
____________________
Kal...
I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It Ya Like To (HOON IT!).

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:36 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.

Bike wise, I've owned a lot of Hondas, but wouldn't consider myself as a die-hard Honda man as say, Dad for example.

Life's too short not to try out the competition once in a while.

I do hold a bike's quality and level of finish very highly though.

Now, when's my '02 R1 arriving?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really a one for a specific brand, but for some reason I just dont like Yamaha's. No idea why!? Confused

I'll always go for Kwak, Honda, Suz.. in that preference.

It must be my age!!! Laughing

Thumbs Up
____________________
ZXR750R (M2) - For the road.
CBR1000 RR4 - For the track.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4332
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:48 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:
There are more Hondas I want to ride then for any other manufacturers...


I have yet to really get my juices flowing over a collection of bikes rather a yurning for the odd model here and there and unfortunately Honda just don't push my buttons for some reason?

Thats what makes us all unique and individualized I suppose.
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:55 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a CR500 WhosTD?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:14 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Variety is the spice of life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:14 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope but I tend to gravitate towards Honda, thats not withstanding that I've killed various Yamahas, Suzukis , old Kwaks, etc , it just seems that two stand out kwak and Honda.

Ie my GT550 which was gifted away about a year ago now , never missed a beat , the NTV cost ,me £700 notes and although has needed repairs over time have lasted.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:27 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned more Suzukis than anything. I find them easy to work on and parts availability is superb. They have an immense following spread across the last 40 years and the engines are tough.

Having said that, I'm no brand-whore, nor do I stick to a specific genre of bike I'll ride anything though I tend to plump for big bikes and always Japanese, purely for the sake of spare-parts availability.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:11 - 25 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not loyal to anything, all of my bikes and gear have been made by dfferent companies.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:53 - 25 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
People who are brand loyal are possibly missing out on the best bike they ever rode.

At the end of the day (hate using that) it is just a badge.


They also spout on about how good their bike is when they have never ridden another make of bike.

To me a bike is a bike, doesn't matter whats on the badge, if I like it I will buy it.
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:44 - 25 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislike buying motorcycle gear just for the fact they know you'll spend more than your usual clothing. Yes it protects aswell, but FFS, some of the prices for a kit are insane. Thumbs Down

I've ridden and owned a lot of bikes now.

If we were talking bikes from all ages it would be harder to decide.

I'm a sports bike fan now, converted from Off roaders. I dislike cutoms and naff niche bikes.

Personally i think Suzuki have the Gixxer fucking nailed, it looks dope and sounds awesome (with those shite standards off).
The main reasons i wouldn't go for one is, one, ever fucker has one, two they all look the same. If i was to own any other brand it would be a Suzuki.

Honda's for me have gone even more towards that stereotype image people mock, the only Honda that gives me wood now is the SP1/2. The blades ruined.

Yamaha's seem to me a more femanine choice of sports, very tarty. The R1 has something, again a very good formula for a super sport bike.

Kawasakis were the bikes when i was growing up that would scare the shit out of me razzing passed my mums car at 140. Guy's riding them only have 1 mode of riding, and their sound usually carries for miles. Laughing
I like their range, from the Z1000, to the ZX12, they all have a little flare and style.

I think Aprilia would be a make i'd go for as well, but they are a little out of my league right now. Neutral
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 257 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.61 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 135.95 Kb