|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cigaro |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cigaro World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thegubner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thegubner World Chat Champion
Joined: 25 Mar 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| -Savage- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 -Savage- World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:34 - 09 May 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well all bikers are thick anti-social rapists too.
You would think that stereotypical views would be absent on a bike forum, where we are at the wrong end of them 99% of the time.
And to prove a point, I am studying for an honors degree in biomedical sciences, have been awarded £5.5k for my academic progress, and also I am a martial artist, and have competed in Europian and world karate championships. And I have my doubts I am the only intelligent person involved in fighting. ____________________ My Bikes - - - Royal Enfield 500 with sidecar, VFR800, CBR600FX,
Peugeot Speedfight 100, Kymco Hipster 125, GSXR750K5, Jawa TS 350 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| T1z3R |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 T1z3R World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Oct 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thegubner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thegubner World Chat Champion
Joined: 25 Mar 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cigaro |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cigaro World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:42 - 09 May 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well I'm intelligent and I don't like fighting so there's your answer!
However....
If Lewis Hamilton came up to me one afternoon and asked for a backy but didn't want to wear a helmet, I'd say -
"OI! MR LEWIS HAMILTON WITH YOUR TONS OF DOSH AND YOUR FANCY BIRDS WITH YOUR FAST CAR!", "I AIN'T GIVIN YOU A RIDE ON MY 125 UNTIL YOU WEAR YOUR HELMET AND WEAR SAFE GEAR!"
And with that I'd crack my knuckles and land a whopper on his nose to teach him respect, good manners and to be safe when riding a bike.
 ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:43 - 09 May 2008 Post subject: Re: Intelligent people cannot like fighting according to Col |
 |
|
| bonny_ricardo wrote: | So, who here reckons you have to be semi-retarded to enjoy fighting?
Or is the tubby valentino merely pointing out he is lacking some southern appendages? |
I don't think there is any evidence for that. I'm pretty intelligent and I do martial arts. I wouldn't say I enjoy fighting, but I don't shy away from it.
I suppose in order to get context you would have to examine why people like fighting and then examine if intelligent people have that same reasoning.
The analogy that springs to mind is actually very close to home, that of biking. People who like to fight I would guess (knowing a little of the subject) do it for the rush and the feeling of power they get from it. Motorcycling provides a similar rush, and yet no one is saying only stupid people like riding bikes.
I do know a couple of people I would consider 'fighters'. One of them thinks he is very intelligent but he's actually got the brains of a relatively stupid pot of begonias. The other is intelligent, but has either never realised his potential or isn't the 'genius' type. That isn't to say that you don't get intelligent people who like fighting.
I suppose in general however if you look at something like a school, weedy people defend themselves with their intelligence, and the thick people enforce their authority with their physical prowess. But again, that is a generalisation, and doesn't *prove* anything either way. ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
Last edited by MarJay on 16:56 - 09 May 2008; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thegubner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thegubner World Chat Champion
Joined: 25 Mar 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| -Savage- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 -Savage- World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:45 - 09 May 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Lol sorry, I'm hungover  ____________________ My Bikes - - - Royal Enfield 500 with sidecar, VFR800, CBR600FX,
Peugeot Speedfight 100, Kymco Hipster 125, GSXR750K5, Jawa TS 350 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:47 - 09 May 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cigaro |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cigaro World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:48 - 09 May 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ah, the original context was me saying there was a lure to football firms and hooliganism, but what dissuades intelligent people is that half the tossers do you in on the ground and bring weapons.
The lure however was the concensual skirmish element, rather then just getting in rucks down the pub etc.
I'll never have the fitness or motivation to get competition fit in anything other then judo (thats mainly strength), and I don't like getting involved in stupid fights down the pub if i can help it. Not because i'm worried i'll lose, or get hurt. But because i don't want this previously mouthy prick to go to the police the moment he gets his jaw broke, and we all know thats what they do.
Also, now days people find violence in all forms abhorrent. As i've mentioned before, i nearly got blackballed for pinning someone who'd been deliberately winding my up for a week by there neck. I never hurt him, i just pointed out his behaviour was unacceptable.
People wonder why our country has gone soft eh? The 3 F's are every mans goal, and it seems we've done away with the fighting to focus on the feeding and fucking  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thegubner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thegubner World Chat Champion
Joined: 25 Mar 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GodzGift |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GodzGift World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 May 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:27 - 09 May 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
All of the above toby. Its all fighting.
He seems to think if you have brain cells to rub together you should rise above all things that risk clarat...
Although I hardly class warfare as fighting these days.
Theres some rebels in that town, shall we go flush them out?
Nah, lets just carpet bomb the fuckers. Its prettier. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sickpup |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sickpup Old Timer

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kenny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kenny Nearly there...

Joined: 04 Jan 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| thegubner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 thegubner World Chat Champion
Joined: 25 Mar 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 150 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|