Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Intelligent people cannot like fighting according to Colin

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:19 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Intelligent people cannot like fighting according to Colin Reply with quote

So...

colin1 wrote:
bonny_ricardo wrote:

The reason most intelligent people who like scrapping avoid football firms is because of the weapons used by pussies.


ah right, intelligent people who like scrapping

right...

that is about the level of intelligence of people who like scrapping

maybe blows to the head reduce brain cells (in fact i know they do)


So, who here reckons you have to be semi-retarded to enjoy fighting?

Or is the tubby valentino merely pointing out he is lacking some southern appendages?
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cigaro
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:24 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's intelligence and wisdom. I know a university lecturer who's thick as pigshit when it comes to anything practical, and he loves a good scrap.

Personally, the only fighting I enjoy is watching skilled martial arts.I don't think physical violence in the pub/on the street is a good idea at all.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:28 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to like fighting but not anymore.

Really its shit, unless you are in a boxing ring or doing it for sport then its crap.

I could be slightly retarded as well.

I like to think that as I am getting older I am getting more sensible, hence the fact I dont actually enjoy having someone punch me in the face anymore. Maybe the different opinions of you and Colin have something to do with the difference of your ages as well.

Not saying you are not intelligent as you quite clearly are, but when you get to colins age you may feel differently about fighting too.

I would do it if I had to now and I dare say if I won I would have that buzz back and thoroughly enjoy the feeling after, and probably smashing a fist into someones mouth as that is satisfying.

But I wouldn't enjoy the fight whilst it was happening.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:31 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love a good fight, I also have the mentality of a five year old...

Not sure if that's connected, but I have to rush off as I'm trying to get this square peg through this round hole...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Savage-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:34 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all bikers are thick anti-social rapists too.

You would think that stereotypical views would be absent on a bike forum, where we are at the wrong end of them 99% of the time.

And to prove a point, I am studying for an honors degree in biomedical sciences, have been awarded £5.5k for my academic progress, and also I am a martial artist, and have competed in Europian and world karate championships. And I have my doubts I am the only intelligent person involved in fighting.
____________________
My Bikes - - - Royal Enfield 500 with sidecar, VFR800, CBR600FX,
Peugeot Speedfight 100, Kymco Hipster 125, GSXR750K5, Jawa TS 350
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:38 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

SavageKymco wrote:
Well all bikers are thick anti-social rapists too.

You would think that stereotypical views would be absent on a bike forum, where we are at the wrong end of them 99% of the time.

And to prove a point, I am studying for an honors degree in biomedical sciences, have been awarded £5.5k for my academic progress, and also I am a martial artist, and have competed in Europian and world karate championships. And I have my doubts I am the only intelligent person involved in fighting.


theres no "i" in European...not even in place of an "e".



violence just breeds violence IMO and thats not intelligent.
____________________
duck my sick!


Last edited by T1z3R on 16:39 - 09 May 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:39 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

SavageKymco wrote:
And I have my doubts I am the only intelligent person involved in fighting.


Your doubts are correct, its European. Wink

Woo Hoo that felt good. Mr. Green


Edit....Beaten to it. twat.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cigaro
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think competing in a martial arts tournament is completely different to just "having a scrap" though.

Anyway, as I said, some well educated people are thick as pigshit in real life. (Not saying you are, just playing devils advocate!)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:42 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm intelligent and I don't like fighting so there's your answer!


However....

If Lewis Hamilton came up to me one afternoon and asked for a backy but didn't want to wear a helmet, I'd say -

"OI! MR LEWIS HAMILTON WITH YOUR TONS OF DOSH AND YOUR FANCY BIRDS WITH YOUR FAST CAR!", "I AIN'T GIVIN YOU A RIDE ON MY 125 UNTIL YOU WEAR YOUR HELMET AND WEAR SAFE GEAR!"

And with that I'd crack my knuckles and land a whopper on his nose to teach him respect, good manners and to be safe when riding a bike.

Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Re: Intelligent people cannot like fighting according to Col Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
So, who here reckons you have to be semi-retarded to enjoy fighting?

Or is the tubby valentino merely pointing out he is lacking some southern appendages?

I don't think there is any evidence for that. I'm pretty intelligent and I do martial arts. I wouldn't say I enjoy fighting, but I don't shy away from it.

I suppose in order to get context you would have to examine why people like fighting and then examine if intelligent people have that same reasoning.

The analogy that springs to mind is actually very close to home, that of biking. People who like to fight I would guess (knowing a little of the subject) do it for the rush and the feeling of power they get from it. Motorcycling provides a similar rush, and yet no one is saying only stupid people like riding bikes.

I do know a couple of people I would consider 'fighters'. One of them thinks he is very intelligent but he's actually got the brains of a relatively stupid pot of begonias. The other is intelligent, but has either never realised his potential or isn't the 'genius' type. That isn't to say that you don't get intelligent people who like fighting.

I suppose in general however if you look at something like a school, weedy people defend themselves with their intelligence, and the thick people enforce their authority with their physical prowess. But again, that is a generalisation, and doesn't *prove* anything either way.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.


Last edited by MarJay on 16:56 - 09 May 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:44 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

beanfeast wrote:
and to be safe when riding a bike.

Thumbs Up


Or indeed sitting on the back of one.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Savage-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:45 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol sorry, I'm hungover Laughing
____________________
My Bikes - - - Royal Enfield 500 with sidecar, VFR800, CBR600FX,
Peugeot Speedfight 100, Kymco Hipster 125, GSXR750K5, Jawa TS 350
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:45 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Re: Intelligent people cannot like fighting according to Col Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:

So, who here reckons you have to be semi-retarded to enjoy fighting?

Or is the tubby valentino merely pointing out he is lacking some southern appendages?


I think you'd have to be semi retarded to post a topic as ambiguous and pointless as this....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:47 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_guvnor_1_uk wrote:
beanfeast wrote:
and to be safe when riding a bike.

Thumbs Up


Or indeed sitting on the back of one.


I would suggest sitting on the back of a bike also equates to riding the said same bike wether they are or are not in charge of the controls.

(Smart arse) Rolling Eyes Wink
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cigaro
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:48 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lewis Hamilton wanted a lift on my bike, he'd have to pay me. He's got enough money, after all. And anyway, it's up to him whether he wears a helmet - it's his head.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:48 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the original context was me saying there was a lure to football firms and hooliganism, but what dissuades intelligent people is that half the tossers do you in on the ground and bring weapons.

The lure however was the concensual skirmish element, rather then just getting in rucks down the pub etc.

I'll never have the fitness or motivation to get competition fit in anything other then judo (thats mainly strength), and I don't like getting involved in stupid fights down the pub if i can help it. Not because i'm worried i'll lose, or get hurt. But because i don't want this previously mouthy prick to go to the police the moment he gets his jaw broke, and we all know thats what they do.

Also, now days people find violence in all forms abhorrent. As i've mentioned before, i nearly got blackballed for pinning someone who'd been deliberately winding my up for a week by there neck. I never hurt him, i just pointed out his behaviour was unacceptable.

People wonder why our country has gone soft eh? The 3 F's are every mans goal, and it seems we've done away with the fighting to focus on the feeding and fucking Rolling Eyes
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:49 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesn't, thats like saying passengers drive cars.

Wanna fight about it?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:53 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Re: Intelligent people cannot like fighting according to Col Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:

I think you'd have to be semi retarded to post a topic as ambiguous and pointless as this....


Confused

Everyone else got it sunshine.

I think intelligent people can enjoy fighting.
Colin doesnt.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GodzGift
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:01 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone ever done a Kamikaze before?
____________________
Bike Level: Amateur | CBT Passed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:04 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Re: Intelligent people cannot like fighting according to Col Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
Toby R wrote:

I think you'd have to be semi retarded to post a topic as ambiguous and pointless as this....


Confused

Everyone else got it sunshine.

I think intelligent people can enjoy fighting.
Colin doesnt.

War? - I think there has to be a certain amount of enjoyment, maybe equivalent to paramedics gallows humour but obviously a motivated soldier is one more likely to survive. I think you can have an intelligent soldier that enjoys conflict.

Starting on random people in town? - An idiots game, assault is a massive problem in this country and I know many people who totally avoid going out in town now as they're afraid that the smallest thing they do wrong could result in a stabbing. The scum that enjoy this should be banged up. I would say people that partake in this sort of activity probably have an IQ below their shoe size.

Organised illegal fighting? - Fair enough, at least they keep it out of the public domain and only with people that consent. I don't know too much about street fighting, and I've never met people that are involved in it, so I couldn't say.

Gang violence/football firms? - I've read a few books on the subject, and some of them do seem to be quite on the ball, but I think this is the exception rather than the rule, although this is a rather broad subject.

Competitive martial arts? - I'd say there are plenty of intelligent people indulging in competitive scored fighting, it's a test of brainpower as well as physical ability as a lot of it is outsmarting your opponent and demoralising them.

Boxing? - Maybe they start off clever... Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the above toby. Its all fighting.

He seems to think if you have brain cells to rub together you should rise above all things that risk clarat...

Although I hardly class warfare as fighting these days.

Theres some rebels in that town, shall we go flush them out?

Nah, lets just carpet bomb the fuckers. Its prettier.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:31 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Re: Intelligent people cannot like fighting according to Col Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:


Starting on random people in town? - An idiots game, assault is a massive problem in this country and I know many people who totally avoid going out in town now as they're afraid that the smallest thing they do wrong could result in a stabbing. The scum that enjoy this should be banged up. I would say people that partake in this sort of activity probably have an IQ below their shoe size.



Well obviously. But what about the violent thugs you hear about, when its blatantly a case of someone mouthing off constantly for an entire evening and then getting lumped outside the pub.

I've seen that plenty of times, always comes as a shock to the idiots.

But what with the 1984 CCTV state, if your intelligent therefore have prospects.... getting criminal records for fighting is not a good plan.

Hence why i was saying there was a lure to go play with the gangs and firms. No real risk of getting nicked usually.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:


Ah, the original context was me saying there was a lure to football firms and hooliganism, but what dissuades intelligent people is that half the tossers do you in on the ground and bring weapons.



Except thats rubbish.

Many of the biggest criminals the UK has known especially in the last 30 years grew up on the terraces fighting for the ICF. They then worked their way up to being the men running the underworlds of our various cities. That took brains, brawn and the willingness to fight.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kenny
Nearly there...



Joined: 04 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah its all make sense now why i run away from fights in the streets with my hands in the air screaming like a little girl.

street fights are shit never one on one and now your more likley to get stabbed.

but martials arts and that is an art form more then fighting i truely admire them for there skills
____________________
KeNNy 100cc peugot speedfight 125cc Honda NSR125R 650cc suzuki SV650R 125cc suzuki GZ125 600cc yamaha YZF-R6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:47 - 09 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether people see us as intelligent or stupid, we all have the ability to fight, its animal instinct and we are animals, even if you push the weediest person in the world too far they will fight eventually, you just need to find that point.

It comes easier for some than for others, the ones it comes easy for are the ones who tend to enjoy it, the ones who enjoy it need to be watched as the enjoyment sometimes makes things go too far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 149 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.81 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 139.41 Kb