Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


OT- I need a job

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Keen
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Apr 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 26 Feb 2004    Post subject: OT- I need a job Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm in the middle of a desperate search for gainful employment at the moment. As part of my degree I have to do an internship starting in July, but as of yet I've got no good prospects. I've got some good exam results and looking at getting a 1st, anyone here work for a big company that might wanna take me on for the year? know of any good places to look? I'm desperately looking for something bike related, but I doubt I will be that lucky. I'm gonna try and get in touch with the big bike manufacturers, but strangely none of their websites have anything about recruiting or careers Confused

thanks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey



Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 26 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you mention what your degree is on so what job you are likely to want?

Just a thought as someone may offer you a job in the chemical industry and you have done sports design Wink

James
____________________
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:22 - 26 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just got some part time work as a PC technician!!! Its sub contract work for mainly Fujitsu semens Pcs!!!

At last a job for something i'm good at! Very Happy
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Apr 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:42 - 28 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed yeah I'm doing a business degree, so pretty much any job will do as long as its not too technical in some area.

I'm just throwing my cv at every company I can find, I even e-mailed MCN and Bike. I actually got a reply from the editor of MCN, he says he's gonna look into it and ask around for me, but I remain spectical about my chances of being that lucky.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 28 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Try IBM....I know they always recruit on a yearly basis for Graduates/Students. It's all on their website.

After all, how big a company can you ask for???

Good luck mate
Mark Cool
____________________
Past: Honda NSR125R >> Kawasaki ER-5a2 >> Kawasaki ZZR-600e1 >> Suzuki GSXR-750Y >> Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm
"Chickity China the Chinese Chicken..."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Apr 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:33 - 28 Feb 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers- I've contacted IBM already, they're probably my best hope at present because my uni already has a student doing a placement there, so he has internal methods of getting my cv to the right people so I can bypass the web recruiting. Sweet.

thanks for the advice, I'll keep looking. Getting a job is gonna suck but the good news- I'll finally have some cash to get a decent bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.59 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 50.52 Kb