|
|
| Author |
Message |
| M4RK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 M4RK Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 25 Apr 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nick606 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nick606 World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Nov 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| M4RK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 M4RK Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 25 Apr 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| M4RK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 M4RK Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 25 Apr 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| M4RK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 M4RK Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 25 Apr 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nick606 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nick606 World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Nov 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| M4RK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 M4RK Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 25 Apr 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nick606 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nick606 World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Nov 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| M4RK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 M4RK Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 25 Apr 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:32 - 03 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| nick606 wrote: | You got to be carefull if you buy a restricted nsr though. Since it could be a import basically depending on where it is from it could be near impossible to de-restrict or very easy
have a quick read though that
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSR125
it explains it more.
I don't really know alot about the bike but there are some experts on this site if you need to know anymore info.
and yes i have no life  lol |
Lol, it's ok. I'm grateful you're around to help.
Read the Wikipedia article, the de-restricting does sound fairly complicated. It sounds as if I buy a restricted model I'd definately struggle to de-restrict it after passing the full test. The only issue is whether I risk the fact of riding a de-restricted bike when I'm not supposed to.
It's definately something to think about, but at the moment I'm not sure what to do.
Thanks for your help,  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ncrn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ncrn World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:45 - 03 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
As a point I will be selling my NSR soon, probably selling it de-restricted. I still have the restricted exhaust intake and a carb restriction, also the original carb jets, so if the new owner doesn't want them I can let you have them ^^.
Carb intake is simple to put in, very simple. The exhaust restriction would need welding back in though. Carb jets is an easy one to do as well.
All in all.. Not so sure I'd ever want to ride a restricted NSR the power difference is.. not massive I'll be honest with you. I did put lower gearing on it which meant it went from topping out at around 75 it went up to 90. But acceleration is rather different. ____________________ Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| salty21 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 salty21 World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:17 - 03 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
i have the carb plate if you want it? free ofcourse as i will never need it again, come to think of it i have 2 of the buggers ____________________ 04 NSR 125(sold) ---- 03 CBR 600rr(sold) ----90 pan euro ST1100 ' ' ----02 CG 125
94 CB400 Super Four ---- 2000 VTR SP1 (sold) ---- 08 ninja p8f(sold, meh) ----05 CBR600rr  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| magpiemale |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 magpiemale Traffic Copper

Joined: 04 Feb 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| M4RK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 M4RK Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 25 Apr 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:27 - 03 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| ncrn wrote: | As a point I will be selling my NSR soon, probably selling it de-restricted. I still have the restricted exhaust intake and a carb restriction, also the original carb jets, so if the new owner doesn't want them I can let you have them ^^.
Carb intake is simple to put in, very simple. The exhaust restriction would need welding back in though. Carb jets is an easy one to do as well.
All in all.. Not so sure I'd ever want to ride a restricted NSR the power difference is.. not massive I'll be honest with you. I did put lower gearing on it which meant it went from topping out at around 75 it went up to 90. But acceleration is rather different. |
| salty21 wrote: | i have the carb plate if you want it? free ofcourse as i will never need it again, come to think of it i have 2 of the buggers |
Thank you both of you for those really nice offers. I'm extremely grateful, I wasn't expecting that at all, but to be honest it's still a long way off at the moment. I'm just spending a lot of time thinking about the best options...probably thinking about it too much, but I'm prone to overthinking about things.
I'll probably try and give it a rest for a little bit and try and take it as it comes. I'm probably getting too excited when I've still got a long way to go.
For now, I'll probably say one of the simplest options would be to get the restricted bike so I'm riding legally and then have to cope with the problem of struggling to de-restrict it when the time comes. Thinking about it though, when I'm at the stage of being ready to take my full test, I'd hopefully be in a position when I've got some money saved up to start looking for a bigger capacity bike, so there would be no need to restrict the NSR.
Thanks so much for your help though, it's really appreciated.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ncrn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ncrn World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:37 - 03 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cool yeah, it is always best to think things through first, but odds are I'll still have them kicking about in the garage in a few months or longer so if your in need still send me a message and I'll let you know if I've still got it ^^. ____________________ Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| M4RK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 M4RK Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 25 Apr 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:38 - 03 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ok, huge thank you. That's really, really nice.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|