|
|
| Author |
Message |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RealNinja |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RealNinja World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Mar 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jayne |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jayne Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 07 May 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:32 - 05 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
It was alright.
Only really applicable if you're already well into the 40k Universe and know the back stories and stuff. The initial game also has a woeful lack of the best armies. (Dark Eldar )
And they have a "control point" type system which i personally dislike but i have friends who think it's a good idea. basically it's a way to limit base growth imo. but it has it's uses i suppose.
I had fun playing it. It has it's flaws but which game does, besides Fable.
I'd recommend it if you're getting it for less than £20 or getting that big complete set I saw in Virgin Megastores today.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Makaveli_Rydah |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Makaveli_Rydah Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:45 - 06 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Tis great !
Best of the series is Winter Assault IMO just for the Necron invasion part
Really enjoyed the entire series - Dark Crusade and Soulstorm are better if your wanting to play as different races . The first 2 only allows you to play as Marines / Imperial Guard / Chaos & Orks ____________________ Bike History:- Vision / Phantom 100 / Aerox 100 / Runner VX125 / Honda VFR400 NC24 / Kwak ZX9R B3 / Honda CBR600 F / ZZR400 & K2 GSXR 750 / Suzuki VZ800 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ColdInsomnia |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ColdInsomnia World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:50 - 08 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Dawn of War and it's expansions are all great up to the Dark Crusade. Soulstorm, as mentioned above, is a large waste of time.
But yeah, great games. Well balanced and fast paced gameplay, great to play in a LAN against friends of a similar skill level. I tried playing online, but I just got trounced repeatedly I can't multitask to the extent that is expected. ____________________ Yamaha YB100 | Yamaha TZR125 | Yamaha XJ600S | Suzuki GSF600
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ahmato_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ahmato_ Crazy Courier
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:13 - 08 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Dawn of War II = 'Nids  ____________________ SavageKymco wrote: lol yea yea, im just gettin food here, keep my strength up you know. all this killing takes a lot out of a guy Ha ha |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| damz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 damz World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jul 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:38 - 08 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Damz wrote: | no single unit can beat everything. |
Necron lord can
Simple but effective tactic for saving a knackered game (sneakily). Buy him resurrection orb and possibly the invisibility thing if theres enough of them.
If you've sent in enough waves of troops already there will be corpses everywhere. If not fill your whole squad cap with flayed ones which you fill to full squad (ie deep strike them, put to 8, let them spawn then put back in monolith).
Send in necron lord, resurrect.... Fill every random squad up and you will own anything. Especially with hordes and hordes of flayed ones.
If he dies he stays there, rebuild and repeat the moment he spawns.
Yes, I'm an evil sod.
Was anyone else gutted that soulstorm didn't leave everything set up when you defended. I used to love that on dark crusade. I used to make really intricate maps, and have 3 fully functioning bases with everything on my half before killing the last thing. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:53 - 08 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Oooooh dawn of war 2.... ooooh...
Gameplay
Intro Trailer
Tyranid gameplay - Lictor is going to oooooooooown ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jackw72 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jackw72 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Nov 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:22 - 08 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
The Avatar of Mohammed Mehala Mohammed Jihad Mensa Kaine will take any unit...
Dark Crusade single player is favourite.
 ____________________ 08/11/2007 A2 Passed.
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K3
Rapid Training passed |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Makaveli_Rydah |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Makaveli_Rydah Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 05:23 - 09 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| damz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 damz World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jul 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|