|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Seb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Seb World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Jul 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:26 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Most video cameras don't have AV in - there are some out there but it's by no means standard so check.
My bullet cam setup was similar, needed a lead with a 3.5 jack (headphone style) at one end and the female yellow, red and white audio and video at the other in order to plug it into the DV cam.
My video camera survived a lot of crashes (it was on the racebike mostly), in fact it still works as a recorder, just not as a camera any more Should probably dig it out and fix/sell/do something with sometime. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:10 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Right so I need a 3.5mm to go into the camera, will this be called an AV port or something?
Do I need 3.5mm to 3.5mm?
Or 3.5mm to L&R audio?
I really don't have a clue
How am I supposed to get a lead to plug into the red lead, as it's already connected to the external mic?
The adaptor on the white plug is one of these? What's the purpose of it?
I was just going to store it in a backpack aswell Hetzer, I would hope that the £150 would be able to keep up mind you, if not I'll just take it back to the shop. What's a decent FPS to be looking at before it's too slow?
Thanks for help  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:18 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Graham88 wrote: | Right so I need a 3.5mm to go into the camera, will this be called an AV port or something?
Do I need 3.5mm to 3.5mm?
Or 3.5mm to L&R audio?
I really don't have a clue
How am I supposed to get a lead to plug into the red lead, as it's already connected to the external mic?
The adaptor on the white plug is one of these? What's the purpose of it?
I was just going to store it in a backpack aswell Hetzer, I would hope that the £150 would be able to keep up mind you, if not I'll just take it back to the shop. What's a decent FPS to be looking at before it's too slow?
Thanks for help  |
The FPS is a bit misleading, as it bears no relation to frame-skipping. The solid-state memory-cards cannot handle the data fast enough, which is why you get frame-skipping (jerkiness). Even on the two £250 ones I tried the skipping was very bad. ____________________ "There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:32 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'll give him a search and see what he says
Any links to videos you've done? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:45 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
OK - if you're going DV cam you're looking for something like this.
AV in socket (note, most cameras will have a socket marked AV but that's usually just AV out). That's the one with the black lead going into it.
Red white and yellow... yellow is video, red and white are audio. On your setup it looks like only white is free, that's fine - use that. Pretty sure mine only used one of the audio plugs too.
If you want to borrow my camera for a play with, feel free. It's been sat in a box for at least a year since the bulletcam died in the line of duty. Pretty sure the DV cam still works.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:59 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'd snap your arm off for that offer, but you're in Berkshire
I collected a few things from there last week too, gay!
Looks pretty easy to figure out really, it's just confusing without having it infront of me.
Would you be able to find the cable I'd need on eBay please? I'm not sure what it's called!
And I presume this cable you're talking about is the last thing I'd need, besides the camcorder itself (which I need to have an AV input for bulletcam, I get that now)
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:24 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Gutted, must be a whole hour's ride.
Most suitable cameras will come with that lead included so I wouldn't worry about it just yet. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:07 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
No particular hurry.
I'm just charging it up just to make sure it's all still working, it's been sat since about 2006 I think.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:15 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I work in Acton, London, so not too far out my way if it works and it's ok with you.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:26 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
It's not that bad, plus I'm not there for long before I travel off somewhere else, that's just the depot. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:43 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I like my Archos A405.
The bullet cam you get with it isn't amazing, but it does have only one wire (powered from unit) and has an in-line 'remote' control for stopping and starting.
Records to SDHC cards.
By adding an extra battery pack (I made one up with AA batteries), you can probably get 12 hours constant filming or something.
I'm tempted to chop the camera off so I stick a better one on the end (after the remote), maybe with a plug arrangement, so you can move them around.
Personally, I wouldn't spend a lot on a bullet camera system now until HD bullet cameras start appearing; though that'll be a bit of time and of course not much better if you're just going to upload to youtube!
An example of (not very compressed) footage:
https://blip.tv/file/975036
(If it doesn't work, click 'download playing' at the bottom, I did something odd with it when editing, I believe.) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rotax81 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rotax81 Nearly there...

Joined: 10 Sep 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:07 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
i use an atc2000 that has been highly modified by me
the mic is under the rear tail piece just above the exhaust.
it runs at 30FPS and a 2gb sd card lasts 80 mins on medium quality.
below is a link to youtube from rockingham in august.
the odd late braking didn't come with the camera
click on 'watch in high quality' below the box. note that youtube destroys image quality but you can get idea.
video whoring time lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOANzaTWN8 ____________________ ZX636C6F road. ZX636C1H track. ZX7R redundant. ZX0.5R minimoto as ornament.
Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi and VW Transporter 2.5TDi 888 Special (no mot and tax lol) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rotax81 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rotax81 Nearly there...

Joined: 10 Sep 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Lone-Wolf |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Lone-Wolf World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rotax81 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rotax81 Nearly there...

Joined: 10 Sep 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:01 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
my mate uses the suckers from ebay and they are fine. he does put a bit of ducktape over it though for good measure
i use a mount i made myself thats bolted to the fuel cap housing.
in the pic below
https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/rotax81/636c.jpg ____________________ ZX636C6F road. ZX636C1H track. ZX7R redundant. ZX0.5R minimoto as ornament.
Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi and VW Transporter 2.5TDi 888 Special (no mot and tax lol) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 10 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|