|
|
| Author |
Message |
| short1uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 short1uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Neorion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Neorion World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:02 - 24 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I did my own and then install cydia, to be honest I personnaly dont see the point?
with a jailbroken one as you know you can install pretty much anything you want as long as you can find it. I have the link to Iplayer, wikitouch, musicradio and bbc podcast so I just click and go. I have loads of games and an AV player as well as other "toys"
I think with 2.x you get access to some other email exchange features which is for a company anyway and the facebook and Apple app store.
The only time I would want to unlock a phone is if I had a 3g one and thats only for the quicker web.....
Only my opinion but I'm not going to bother upgrading at least not until they give me good reason
EDIT- I have been looking into this Quickpwn and being the gadjet geek I am, I would like to know if you need to use Itunes to update the firmware first or not?
Anyone? ____________________ VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| short1uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 short1uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Neorion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Neorion World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:36 - 25 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ello Ello!
WELL! being the person I am I couldnt resist and had to try it
SO went without a hitch I followed this guide
https://theiphoneproject.org/index.php/faq/32-languages/109-quickpwn-windows-guide
1st I made sure I had a backup incase things went tits up and then I upgraded my phone using Itunes 8 on another pc that had never had the phone connected (kept 7 on my main box)
Dont think thats a problem but my missus would kill me if I knackered her Tv shows!
Anyway I upgraded the firmware to 2.0.2 at this point I had a crash and ended up with my phone in restore mode so I had to perform a complete restore on it this went no problems and then hooked it into the quickpwn software and followed the instructions, its pretty much as easy as using ZIPHONE.
Took about 10 minutes in total and voila o2 non iphone sim working no problems.
I then went to my computer that had the backup and it put everything apart from the extra apps back on my SMS, Contacts the lot and its running peachy today
I dont think its a problem to use 1 pc I just have the laptop and my home machine as a precaution.
Any problems give me a shout but you should be fine!
go for it!!
 ____________________ VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| short1uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 short1uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Neorion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Neorion World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:00 - 25 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have bene installing stuff from Cydia and the installer, I did put the facebook app on and it worked fine.
Remember as long as you back up your phone and it goes tits up you can always put it in DFU mode and try again
Think of all the cool new apps
I havnt looked that much to be honest i'm just happy I can install stuff if I want too  ____________________ VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| K0rnIsAFAGGOT |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 K0rnIsAFAGGOT Trackday Trickster
Joined: 22 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:16 - 25 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I want an iphone  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Neorion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Neorion World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| short1uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 short1uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| K0rnIsAFAGGOT |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 K0rnIsAFAGGOT Trackday Trickster
Joined: 22 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Neorion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Neorion World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Neorion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Neorion World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:20 - 25 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| K0rnIsAFAGGOT |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 K0rnIsAFAGGOT Trackday Trickster
Joined: 22 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:56 - 25 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for that dude
Doesn't the 2G have gps also? How is it on that? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Neorion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Neorion World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| short1uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 short1uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Neorion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Neorion World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| short1uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 short1uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Neorion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Neorion World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| short1uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 short1uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| short1uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 short1uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:19 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
posted from https://blog.iphone-dev.org/
Redmond, we have a Pwnapple!
Window QuickPwn 2.1
Supports 2.1 firmware with the unlocking and jailbreaking of iPhone 1st generation (2G) device. Supports the jailbreaking of iPod Touch 1st generation device and iPhone 3G. Your device will need to be upgraded to 2.1 (using iTunes 8) before running this application.
It does NOT support the unlocking of iPhone 3G
It does NOT support the jailbreaking of second generation iPod Touch introduced last week
Windows QuickPwn 2.1 - Torrent here
(SHA1) QuickPwn21-1.zip = f8124d0e8f31f64ef3272de8fbc679e1dd1f93a7
You will need to know how to use bittorrent to download this file.
Gonna do it tonight! then install winterboard and make it look pretty lol!
Your in IT and you cant use MSN?? tut tut there is only me in IT here so I can do what i want really
Then again whole company uses msn to communicate rather than talk to each other lol!
Catherine |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Neorion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Neorion World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:03 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
ha!
No skype either, we have a couple of thousand users so it would lag our network
we do use communicator instead of talking to each other, but you cant add exteranl addys!
Cool, you need to let me know how you get on! I would like to comapre differnces between 2.0.2 and 2.1 see if its worth doing.
Good luck lol
Kev ____________________ VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Neorion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Neorion World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:15 - 26 Sep 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was attempting to jailbreak mine on 2.0.1 last night and to not much luck. The program 'winpwn' kept crashing everytime it got into DFU mode, annoying.
I was only doing it as a selling point but I'm just gonna sell it as a normal phone now, it's brand new so should go alright  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Neorion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Neorion World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jul 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Graham88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Graham88 World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 May 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 17 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|