|
|
| Author |
Message |
| theonlynemesi... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 theonlynemesi... Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 19 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nasty Traffic Copper
Joined: 14 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| muzz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 muzz Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| theonlynemesi... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 theonlynemesi... Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 19 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:02 - 11 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
You can use your own bike or you can hire one from a training school.
Getting insurance cover for doing the CBT is different to doing your test. I don't really see how they could refuse to cover someone when they're doing their test.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wise1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wise1 World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Aug 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| muzz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 muzz Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:19 - 11 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| wisenerl wrote: | No insurance comapny will refuse to cover your during your test, CBT is different because technically your not conisdered competant until you get the certificate, so their worry is that they are insuring someone who may not be good enough.
Of course non will insure you to ride to your CBT as thats illegal anyway. |
Not sure you are correct on this point, but I could always be corrected. I remember having to use a pupils car for lessons and test a few years ago, and I remember that the lessons were OK with the Insurer, but they were not prepared to ( initially) insure for the test, something to do with the examiner is/was not allowed to interfere with any controls, and technically the driver was driving as if on their own. I would imagine the same is for the bike test as I dont think an examiner can tell you, or warn you, about hazards on the road. But as I said earlier, I could well be wrong, but for the sake of a telephone call, I would rather be safe than sorry. ____________________ Ride Safe 'N' Free |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wise1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wise1 World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Aug 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:38 - 11 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| muzz wrote: | | wisenerl wrote: | No insurance comapny will refuse to cover your during your test, CBT is different because technically your not conisdered competant until you get the certificate, so their worry is that they are insuring someone who may not be good enough.
Of course non will insure you to ride to your CBT as thats illegal anyway. |
Not sure you are correct on this point, but I could always be corrected. I remember having to use a pupils car for lessons and test a few years ago, and I remember that the lessons were OK with the Insurer, but they were not prepared to ( initially) insure for the test, something to do with the examiner is/was not allowed to interfere with any controls, and technically the driver was driving as if on their own. I would imagine the same is for the bike test as I dont think an examiner can tell you, or warn you, about hazards on the road. But as I said earlier, I could well be wrong, but for the sake of a telephone call, I would rather be safe than sorry. |
Yes your right with the car, but with a bike your the only one in control at any time, remember legally you cant ride a bike on road by yourself until you have a CBT certificate, so riding it to the CBT course cant be acceptable in any form.
Once you have the cbt and assuming the question is in relation to a 125 then its perfectely acceptable to use your own bike which your completey legal on.
Does that make sense, starting to confuse myself as I type but 100% sure its correct. ____________________ Current - 2007 Suzuki Bandit GSF1250 - 1999 Suzuki TL1000R
Previous - GSXR750 SRAD, Fireblade, ZXR750, CBR600 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 361 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|