Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Practical Test Question

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

theonlynemesi...
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:08 - 11 Oct 2008    Post subject: Practical Test Question Reply with quote

Hey, i just passed my theory this morning and have been riding for a good few months now and so am gonna book my practical as i'm sure there is a long wait but am i allowed to do it on my bike or have i got to use theirs.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

nasty
Traffic Copper



Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:17 - 11 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as your bike is road legal and complies with the DSA regulations for the category of test your taking than it should be ok.
____________________
ZX6R F3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

muzz
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:27 - 11 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use your own bike, but......check with your insurance company as I have heard that some insurance companies will not cover you on a test!!! I had the same problem insuring my wifes bike for her CBT, supposedly only 2 companies will insure a bike on a CBT. Try Carole Nash Insurance they will find out from the insurer for you.
____________________
Ride Safe 'N' Free
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

theonlynemesi...
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:57 - 11 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

muzz wrote:
You can use your own bike, but......check with your insurance company as I have heard that some insurance companies will not cover you on a test!!! I had the same problem insuring my wifes bike for her CBT, supposedly only 2 companies will insure a bike on a CBT. Try Carole Nash Insurance they will find out from the insurer for you.


i am with carole nash but thanks, will ring them and see
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:02 - 11 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use your own bike or you can hire one from a training school.

Getting insurance cover for doing the CBT is different to doing your test. I don't really see how they could refuse to cover someone when they're doing their test. Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wise1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 11 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No insurance comapny will refuse to cover your during your test, CBT is different because technically your not conisdered competant until you get the certificate, so their worry is that they are insuring someone who may not be good enough.

Of course non will insure you to ride to your CBT as thats illegal anyway.
____________________
Current - 2007 Suzuki Bandit GSF1250 - 1999 Suzuki TL1000R
Previous - GSXR750 SRAD, Fireblade, ZXR750, CBR600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

muzz
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 11 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

wisenerl wrote:
No insurance comapny will refuse to cover your during your test, CBT is different because technically your not conisdered competant until you get the certificate, so their worry is that they are insuring someone who may not be good enough.

Of course non will insure you to ride to your CBT as thats illegal anyway.


Not sure you are correct on this point, but I could always be corrected. I remember having to use a pupils car for lessons and test a few years ago, and I remember that the lessons were OK with the Insurer, but they were not prepared to ( initially) insure for the test, something to do with the examiner is/was not allowed to interfere with any controls, and technically the driver was driving as if on their own. I would imagine the same is for the bike test as I dont think an examiner can tell you, or warn you, about hazards on the road. But as I said earlier, I could well be wrong, but for the sake of a telephone call, I would rather be safe than sorry.
____________________
Ride Safe 'N' Free
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wise1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:38 - 11 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

muzz wrote:
wisenerl wrote:
No insurance comapny will refuse to cover your during your test, CBT is different because technically your not conisdered competant until you get the certificate, so their worry is that they are insuring someone who may not be good enough.

Of course non will insure you to ride to your CBT as thats illegal anyway.


Not sure you are correct on this point, but I could always be corrected. I remember having to use a pupils car for lessons and test a few years ago, and I remember that the lessons were OK with the Insurer, but they were not prepared to ( initially) insure for the test, something to do with the examiner is/was not allowed to interfere with any controls, and technically the driver was driving as if on their own. I would imagine the same is for the bike test as I dont think an examiner can tell you, or warn you, about hazards on the road. But as I said earlier, I could well be wrong, but for the sake of a telephone call, I would rather be safe than sorry.


Yes your right with the car, but with a bike your the only one in control at any time, remember legally you cant ride a bike on road by yourself until you have a CBT certificate, so riding it to the CBT course cant be acceptable in any form.

Once you have the cbt and assuming the question is in relation to a 125 then its perfectely acceptable to use your own bike which your completey legal on.

Does that make sense, starting to confuse myself as I type but 100% sure its correct.
____________________
Current - 2007 Suzuki Bandit GSF1250 - 1999 Suzuki TL1000R
Previous - GSXR750 SRAD, Fireblade, ZXR750, CBR600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 361 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.6 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 58.49 Kb