Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What size trousers should I buy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Neorion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:48 - 13 Oct 2008    Post subject: What size trousers should I buy? Reply with quote

Hey folks,

I have my DAS coming up and I have got myself an AKITO jacket some gloves some old steel capped boot/shoes and a Caberg helmet.

I dont know what size trousers I should buy? I'm 6'3" about 34" waist and 33" inch legs.

If I'm looking on ebay do sizes vary between brands? Should I get something slightly bigger to stop wind/rain etc?

What should I be looking for and paying for a pair to get me going?

I may buy from someone here for the right money if you have something. I live in Aberdeen and I think man made would be the way to go for the winter months.

Cheers for any info Wink Thumbs Up
____________________
VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

meach
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:22 - 13 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best to go to a local shop and try some on, then maybe see if you can get that brand etc cheaper on ebay or just buy from them.

Would also be a bit concerned about steel toe capped boots!!!!
Come off and maybe crush the steel on your toes or bend it the wrong way and chop 'em off
____________________
2005 xt660x in red, not everyone's cup of tea but neither is coffee
https://www.youtube.com/imeach
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Neorion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:38 - 13 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that, might need to be the plan, I am sitting in work and was hoping I could spend the last hour surfing as I ain't got much on.

I thought most boots were reinforced? There only to get me going just now anyway.

Thumbs Up
____________________
VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

meach
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:42 - 13 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neorion wrote:
I thought that, might need to be the plan, I am sitting in work and was hoping I could spend the last hour surfing as I ain't got much on.

I thought most boots were reinforced? There only to get me going just now anyway.

Thumbs Up


If i were you i would put something on, sitting at a computer naked at work might not do your career much good. Laughing

As for the boots, they are reinforced but not with steel, you can pick up a cheapish pair for £20-£30 which would be better in the interim than steelies
____________________
2005 xt660x in red, not everyone's cup of tea but neither is coffee
https://www.youtube.com/imeach
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny77
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:54 - 13 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear spada milan trousers nice and warm and even being out in torrential rain all day they keep me bone dry.

I'm 6'6 and a 37/38 waist and have size xxl , i'd see if any of the shops near you stock them.

https://www.bigbikebook.com/ProductDetails/mcs/referrer/froogle/productID/14708/groupID/519/categoryID/3019
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Neorion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 13 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! yeah I would but I have 14 Pc's running in my office right now and 2 fans so the tie and shoes are off, I dont think my work mates would like it If I unleashed the Hoff in the office Laughing

£20-£30 really? from a shop you think? or are these just like work boots? Thumbs Up
____________________
VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Neorion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:00 - 13 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny77 wrote:
I wear spada milan trousers nice and warm and even being out in torrential rain all day they keep me bone dry.

I'm 6'6 and a 37/38 waist and have size xxl , i'd see if any of the shops near you stock them.

https://www.bigbikebook.com/ProductDetails/mcs/referrer/froogle/productID/14708/groupID/519/categoryID/3019


Great Danny I will have a look thanks.

Thumbs Up
____________________
VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

meach
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:04 - 13 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at J&S
https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/view_category.php?lid=3
Not too good on Scotland but they have a branch in Hamilton??????
Oooh just looked and its about 150miles away!!!!!!!
Sizes should be ok though and if not ask about returns policy
____________________
2005 xt660x in red, not everyone's cup of tea but neither is coffee
https://www.youtube.com/imeach
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Neorion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:09 - 13 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm thats wierd I am not authorized to view the page?

I just got of the phone with the main bike dealer in Aberdeen and they are saying entry level stuff about £70-£80 for trousers and same for boots.

Thats Frank Thomas stuff.
____________________
VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

meach
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:12 - 13 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neorion wrote:
Hmm thats wierd I am not authorized to view the page?

I just got of the phone with the main bike dealer in Aberdeen and they are saying entry level stuff about £70-£80 for trousers and same for boots.

Thats Frank Thomas stuff.


ooh maybe i linked you to some other page i may have been viewing at the time Embarassed Embarassed

Just google "j and s accessories" and head for the boots page, scroll down and bingo... maybe not the best quality but for the price they will do for a while
____________________
2005 xt660x in red, not everyone's cup of tea but neither is coffee
https://www.youtube.com/imeach
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 13 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

meach wrote:
Would also be a bit concerned about steel toe capped boots!!!!
Come off and maybe crush the steel on your toes or bend it the wrong way and chop 'em off


If you bend you foot far enough for that to happen your foot would be no good anyway.

Same as if you say dropped your bike on your foot.... If it bent the toe cap far enough to hit your toes, what state would they be in without the toe cap....... Sick
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 355 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.16 Sec - Server Load: 0.75 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 73.23 Kb