Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I need a doctor

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ash t
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:26 - 18 Oct 2008    Post subject: I need a doctor Reply with quote

Hi All....

Im Ill. Cant stop puking, and my shit feels like piss coming out of my arse. I had a big mac for my tea which I think has kicked it all off.

Im supposed to be at work at half 8, and I dont want to let my team down..

My question is, can anybody recommend food and drink which will make me feel better. Dioralyte is vile, so I want to eat something solid which will stay inside, the same goes for drink (even water goes straight through!)

Thanks

Ash

PS, I have tried google, and every site is about pregnancy....
____________________
When You're Starting To Choke, Take Some Pills With Your Coke, Its Hyserical
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:48 - 18 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay at home, drink plenty of water.

If you go to work you could pass this on to everyone! Its the S&D bug doing the rounds again.
Im sure your workmates would rather you stay off rather than give them the shits.

Tom
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:42 - 18 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because you are not pregnant dosnt mean the remedy wont work for throwing up. But personally I found if you are going to throw up you will no matter what you have.

Dont you people have out of hours doctors you can call in England?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:47 - 18 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

0845 46 47

https://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:05 - 18 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay at home.

Go to the doctors or an NHS walk in centre. Let them take a sample of your poo or sick and then you will know if you had food poisoning. If you had a Big Mac for tea and then say 8 hours later you are being sick with diarrhea then you should have a big case to kick up a fuss with Maccy D's. I'm sure they won't want bad publicity for food poisoning.

Don't let the bastards get away with it. It's most probably poor hygiene and cooking methods that gave you it. Food poisoning is horrific, worse than any sickness and diarrhea bug. Make sure you sip fluids, don't gulp it is more likely to be absorbed. Try eating some dry toast. Whatever you do stay at home in bed and recover properly, food poisoning can kill, so if it doesn't affect you badly it could someone else. You'd be letting your team down then.

You /should/ be better within 48 hours, if not get yourself to A+E.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:24 - 18 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but if he has food poisoning he's not going to infect his team with it unless he has very poor personal hygiene and some of that rubs off on their food.

Someone probably spunked in your bigmac, you only have to look at most of the employees in a McDonalds to put you off eating anything there, mostly retarded, greasy teenagers or middle aged hopeless people with some kind of horrible skin condition.

See if it gets better, if not then you'll know when it's time to go to the docs. If you can't hold water down, nothing will be better, so you just keep trying until you can.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:10 - 19 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeVFR wrote:
Another vote for staying at home. It winds me up something chronic when people come into work ill, as it normally involves me catching it the next day. Rolling Eyes


I agree completely!

I get so wound up when somebody comes work looking like death but go on to explain how they just HAD to come in.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:22 - 19 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
LukeVFR wrote:
Another vote for staying at home. It winds me up something chronic when people come into work ill, as it normally involves me catching it the next day. Rolling Eyes


I agree completely!

I get so wound up when somebody comes work looking like death but go on to explain how they just HAD to come in.


Apparently that shows "dedication" to the boss Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jackw72
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:05 - 19 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught gastroentoritis from some CUNT at work.

I hope they die, a very painful death and leave children that I can moleste.

Very Happy
____________________
08/11/2007 A2 Passed.
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K3
Rapid Training passed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ash t
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:34 - 20 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha,

I soon picked up, was just the tail end of a bug I had. As soon as I had a good breakfast and shower, I felt alot better...

Shouldnt have killed off any of my colleagues. I will find out later I suppose.... Rolling Eyes
____________________
When You're Starting To Choke, Take Some Pills With Your Coke, Its Hyserical
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:25 - 21 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackw72 wrote:
I caught gastroentoritis from some CUNT at work.

I hope they die, a very painful death and leave children that I can moleste.

Very Happy


But your not bitter about it at all....

Stay at home, I think you;d be doing the office statistics a favour. mind you, one might argue that you;d be doing the people that become ill a favour, by getting them sick days off. Thinking

Im off to go find someone to sneeze in my face.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jackw72
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:01 - 21 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:


But your not bitter about it at all....

Stay at home, I think you;d be doing the office statistics a favour. mind you, one might argue that you;d be doing the people that become ill a favour, by getting them sick days off. Thinking

Im off to go find someone to sneeze in my face.

GhostRider


Pick me Razz

It is fairly annoying, even to this day someone on the evening shift will continue to piss in the bowl and leave it be rather than flush.

The smell it leaves wafting through the corridor and into the staff canteen is quite horrific and you'd think they would have learnt by now.

But don't you worry team mates, I am invesitgating Twisted Evil
____________________
08/11/2007 A2 Passed.
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K3
Rapid Training passed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pits
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:25 - 24 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst is when you need a really bad poo, then feel sick whilst in mid poo and your in no way able to utilise the sink, or you will poo well everywhere. You have to decide, keep the sick in your mouth or, or sick over yourself lol
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:39 - 24 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My office has about 300 people in it, just in our room. If one person is ill down the far end on monday, i can bet you fifty quid by friday that someone up my end will be sick. Along with a line of sick people across the room.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 353 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.56 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 85.07 Kb