Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Take my lid off before fuel?! WTF!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 09 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandit_nate wrote:
I had this happen to me at an ASDA petrol station, I just asked them if I was wearing a shroud/burkah would they ask me to take that off, to which they replied "No, that is down to their religious rights"
That then made me think, if enough people signed "Jedi" on the census to make it a religion, could "Motorcyclist" become one if we all did that same? Then wearing a crash helmet would be our religious right and anyone asking us to remove it would be an insult to the motorcycling gods, namely Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, Triumph, etc.. Razz


motorcyleism Thumbs Up

c_dug
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ravingriley
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:09 - 21 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats so anoying, having to take it off to walk in the shop to pay and shit.
Its takes the piss when you have glasses like me it takes 10 mins to line them up again.
____________________
Were all born individual . . Don't die a copy
Sleep When Your Dead!!!!!!!
Sachs Madass Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bikedemon99
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:13 - 02 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear a half face helmet and once when I went in to pay the guy said " you should take your helmet off to come in here " I replied " its an open face helmet yu &*%^, do you tell people to take their hats off when they come in to pay for their fuel", his reply was " well we've got to say to people wearing helmets", I payed then left and he's never said anything since when Ive gone there for fuel.
I know what he was talking about and could see his point but like I say its a half face helmet and he wasnt thinking or trying to act smart
____________________
Ride safe
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:53 - 02 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two interesting things about this thread:

1. It's still going

2. The originator saw fit to never post again!
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cicatrez
Crazy Courier



Joined: 02 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:29 - 02 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

which stations don't mind you to keep your lid on?
Both Shell petrol stations in my area will not let me pump any petrol out unless I take mine off. Which is very annoying as I do not have a quick release strap (its those ones you loop round). So every time I go to fill up I have to park up, get off, open visor, take glasses off, put them down, take gloves off in order to be able to take helmet off, take helmet off, put gloves inside helmet, place helmet somewhere safe so it will not drop.
wait 5minutes before the cashier decides to activate the pump I am at

I can see how people on here find it annoying. With no offence to people of other religions, but what about someone wearing a Hijab, and pumping £40+ into there car. Compared to just £8 in my tank.
____________________
-----------------------
'02 Honda City Fly
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:57 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFGZ!!!

WHAT ABOUT TEH BURRRRKAHS!!?!?!?!!!111ONE


Rolling Eyes
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
froggytom This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:44 - 18 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, is this still going lol.

Just thought id mention that it was a welcome relief to remove my lid and gloves and face mask at the petrol station this mornin, even though i didnt have to.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 288 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.85 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 58 Kb