|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Top Cat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Top Cat Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 05 May 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:05 - 22 Oct 2008 Post subject: bullied at work...:-( |
 |
|
Hi All,
needs some advice, I have just been off work for 2 weeks with laryngitis, its my 3rd sickness in a year all 3 sicknesses have sick note so all genuine, i accepts the rules are there but my manager is on my back about how much i do in my spare time and will use it against me in the hearing,
I play squash once or twice a week, rock climbing every other week and climb mountains, long walks, mountain biking in the summer.
she is trying to say i do too much and this is bringing my immune system down therefore my fault I'm I'll? she has also mentioned that riding by bike to work will also make me more likely to be ill,
surely my private life has nothing to do with work, but she is giving me a hard time over this, not sure if i should take it further or not, this will look bad on my record, and don't want to make myself a target
any advice appreciated
thanks
Tracy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rotax81 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rotax81 Nearly there...

Joined: 10 Sep 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:22 - 22 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
i thought doing activities made you fitter
as for riding to work making you ill...............wtf!!!  ____________________ ZX636C6F road. ZX636C1H track. ZX7R redundant. ZX0.5R minimoto as ornament.
Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi and VW Transporter 2.5TDi 888 Special (no mot and tax lol) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paivi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paivi World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:25 - 22 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
What the catfish said. Your lifestyle sounds perfect, just what the doctors are recommending.
Sometimes people just get sick, she should get over it. If you have sick notes for all your illnesses, she doesn't have a leg to stand on in any hearing. Often, once you've been ill, it's easier to catch something else afterwards, as your immune system is weakened, which is why you sometimes go from one illness to another. I've gone years without anything, then I get an eye infection, followed by bronchitis, followed by pneumonia, followed by an infected insect bite. What a great year that was.
Also, you would have picked up these bacteria or viruses somewhere, most probably at work. Maybe one of your colleagues/bosses has come to work ill or too soon after an illness, so you've caught it and it's affected you more than others.
How you commute to work is your business; if anything, not squeezing yourself into a germ filled commuter train/tube/bus, you're making it less likely for you to get ill. ____________________ My other bike's a Monster...  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Top Cat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Top Cat Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 05 May 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Grendel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Grendel Scooby Slapper

Joined: 31 Aug 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:21 - 22 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have a similar problem at work were a superior member of staff is making up lies against me saying how bad I was and how I let the whole team down. Only problem being I’ve only just gone back to work after 2 months off following a bike accident in June so where she got all these supposed recent faults of mine from I have no idea. But manager and superior staff tend to close ranks so looks like I may get royally screwed just because one of my team members was having a bad day and wanted to take it out on a junior member of staff.
Now my predicament is the same as yours do I turn it around and claim staff bullying and make an enemy in a small close nit team or do I just apologies and eat humble pie for something I didn’t do to in the first place.
I'm not looking forward to returning to work Monday so i can sympathise with your situation  ____________________ Past bike: 2004 Hyosung Comet
Current bike: 1993 Honda Transalp
Transalp Page: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=11418462079
Last edited by Grendel on 21:11 - 22 Oct 2008; edited 2 times in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonT Crazy Courier
Joined: 06 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Thesupersport... |
This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Thesupersport... Nova Slayer
Joined: 21 Oct 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| growler |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 growler Traffic Copper

Joined: 17 Jul 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nasty Traffic Copper
Joined: 14 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:20 - 22 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
My missus' mom had a problem with a member of staff at work, no need to go into detail but he was being extremely abusive verbally and making extremely lewd suggestions, she told her supervisor but since it was always him an her whenever he went on about this shit there wasnt much solid evidence. A £25 dictaphone with a 10 hour recording time in her pocket throughout her shift ensured that he was swiftly suspended and as far as he is concerned he is fired. Which is just as well really, since I had a word with a few pals and we were going to pay him a little visit at his house some random day at 3 in the morning.
Still, that aside, in line with whats been said about documenting everything, a dictaphone is a cheap and efficient way of having solid evidence about anything thats said, be in it the open office or if she catches you one on one. Besides, with all this crap she is coming out with she'll never convince anyone at any hearing that you should assume responsibility, my guess is that she is trying to scare you,a kind of psychological attack, such that you are already assuming you are guilty, and thus will spend any hearing sounding as if you are trying to talk yourself out of it, when in fact you've done nothing wrong at all. A confident attitude will ensure that she will probably be pulled to one side afterwards to be questioned on what shit she is trying to pull and why is she wasting everybodys time.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yen_powell |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yen_powell World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bladerunner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bladerunner World Chat Champion
Joined: 09 Sep 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kwaks |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kwaks I'm not a fast rider

Joined: 28 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:07 - 23 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
You had a back to work interview? I take it this is where all this was said.
Now she is talking a disciplinary hearing, so you need 24 hrs notice and its your choice of witness.
I would go on the attack in the interview, question the need for it, the qualifications of the person who deemed it necessary against those of your GP etc etc. Keep calm at all times but fill the time by asking them questions and put them on the spot.
A union rep would be good, but don't be afraid to ask for a break/suspension to seek further advice if necessary. ____________________ Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kal |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kal World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Jan 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:14 - 23 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
This sounds like jealousy talking...
Sounds like it's time to keep your talks down to purely work topics and the weather only. Keep it that way, and they won't have anything to pick on you about.  ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tonka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tonka World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:06 - 23 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I would join a union. I was bullied at work and it got so bad they set me up for firing me. Started off just a few jibes at me then got worse and worse into warnings for silly things until I was sacked. The union I joined slaughterd them and I won my unfair dismissal case. I was there for 4 years of torture and it took them that long as they couldt find a thing on me! couldnt even give a proper reason why they sacked me.
I hate bosses like that, they think they have the right to say anything to anyone as they have power over your job. And the problem is they do and mask it up with any crap they find in the work manuel. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pits |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pits World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:40 - 24 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Toughen up, take a poo in her desk draw  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SoND |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SoND World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:40 - 24 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Clanger wrote: | This sounds like jealousy talking...
Sounds like it's time to keep your talks down to purely work topics and the weather only. Keep it that way, and they won't have anything to pick on you about.  |
It's good advice in one sense, but in another, it really isnt.
When work takes up a large fucking percentage of your waking hours, why the fuck should you meekishly stay quiet and be unhappy whilst the cunts that are targeting you get one up? They've succeeded at their little game, theyve got control over you.
You're staying quiet because of them.
Fuck. That.
This life is too fucking short to spend your working life, which unfortunately is the majority of our shitty amount of time, being a perfectly obedient little lapdog that shuts up when its told to.
Never let anyone control you like that.
I know, sometimes it can be hard. You dont wanna risk your job because you have a family to support etc.
Well what the hell are a family going to do, when, even if the money is coming in, their mum/dad/guardian is miserable in everyday life. No matter how much you want to hide it, it WILL be reflected in your social interactions with friends/children/'rents etc.
The fact we have to work so hard to survive is already enough fuckin' control they have over us. Stories like this make me seriously want to fuck some people up. Stop bending over and biting the pillow!  ____________________ "Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:50 - 24 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I didn't say anything about being quiet...I just said keep the personal stuff, well - personal. Don't treat them like they are your friends. They clearly aren't.
I've experienced workplace bullying myself, and it's mainly down to jealousy.
I'd sit and talk crap with the rest of them, the weather, what's on tv, office politics, about who's dating who - etc. but when it came to me, they got nothing.
And when it came to office socials, I would shrug my shoulders and say, nah I'm busy that night...
It works a treat. You may work with these people, but they don't have to be your friends. ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:18 - 24 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Clanger wrote: | I didn't say anything about being quiet...I just said keep the personal stuff, well - personal. Don't treat them like they are your friends. They clearly aren't.
I've experienced workplace bullying myself, and it's mainly down to jealousy.
I'd sit and talk crap with the rest of them, the weather, what's on tv, office politics, about who's dating who - etc. but when it came to me, they got nothing.
And when it came to office socials, I would shrug my shoulders and say, nah I'm busy that night...
It works a treat. You may work with these people, but they don't have to be your friends. |
Aye, I agree with that totally, but thats my point. Mind you, I suppose not a lot of people really get to be themselves or enjoy being at work.
It cant be good for your own mentality. Going, everyday to a place where you like no-one.
I think I slightly misunderstood your post too. Got the idea you meant stay quiet, then they cant get anything on you and will leave you along etc
I'll say 80/20 good advice then  ____________________ "Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 348 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|