|
|
| Author |
Message |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:09 - 25 Oct 2008 Post subject: Phones, again.... |
 |
|
There's a new(ish) N95 or N96 out, I've been looking today at the C905 and some Samsug i8-something but can't decide. Anyone had glances by chance at either? annoy's me that Sony claim to be the first launch 8MP cam phone but Samsung were, months ago.
The C905 had GPS, the Samsung has built in DivX for movies but the N95(or6) has a mahoosive looking camera on the back.
I just, want opinions atm.  ____________________ Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:14 - 25 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ive heard a fair few bad reports of the N96, so much so Ive not bothered renewing for a new phone and the guy at work who is in a mountain of debt and buys all the latest gadgets didnt even get one Theres a good review on channel 5.com from the gadget show if that helps.
On the other hand though, sony are the Devil and samsung phones arent something I like one bit.
The current batch of phones are not up to it in my opinion, Im not getting a new phone until something special comes along. That includes a phone that can use bluetooth so the iphones out the question, having said that theres 7 (yes seven) lads at work sent theirs back within the 14 day cooling off period due to a condition they called 'shyte'  ____________________ RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:14 - 25 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah my dad was interested by this, but I think it's a tad flimsy looking and I prefer somethig a bit more flashy/tarty, hence why I have a W910i now.  ____________________ Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:36 - 26 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm currently still using my W960i, love it. Probably going to look hard at the X1 Clicky when upgrade time rolls around. ____________________ I'm immortal. Well, so far. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Finglonga |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Finglonga World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:39 - 26 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I only just stopped myself from putting I like my phone's as I like my women...... It worked for a little while.
X1 has the fold out keyboard again, too laptop-y for me.
Purely because there's peeps writing software for it and it play's movies(DivX)unlike the C905 so I think I'm going for the Samsung.... Can't have everyting, in this case, I gotta get a Samsung. I doubt Sony will bring something out to rival it in the next 6 months.  ____________________ Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:56 - 26 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I only just stopped myself from putting I like my phone's as I like my women...... It worked for a little while.
X1 has the fold out keyboard again, too laptop-y for me.
Purely because there's peeps writing software for it and it play's movies(DivX)unlike the C905 so I think I'm going for the Samsung.... Can't have everyting, in this case, I gotta get a Samsung. I doubt Sony will bring something out to rival it in the next 6 months.  ____________________ Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Steve H |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Steve H World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:53 - 27 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you're a Sony convert I'd plump for the Tarmacsurfer (and now Steve H) recommended w960i. I've owned the N95 and the W960i is waaaaay better for functionality and ease of use
Check out Mobile Review for by far the best review site for handsets that I've come across. ____________________ Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Finglonga |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Finglonga World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:31 - 27 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Steve H wrote: | If you're a Sony convert I'd plump for the Tarmacsurfer (and now Steve H) recommended w960i. I've owned the N95 and the W960i is waaaaay better for functionality and ease of use
Check out Mobile Review for by far the best review site for handsets that I've come across. |
Prefer my old K800i to my N95 to be honest. ____________________ Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:27 - 27 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
N95 has a fairly ok camera. Its a great phone if you like to press a button and wait three seconds before it decides what it can be arsed doing
Still, Im sticking with it until something comes along or they design one thats built into the brain or something  ____________________ RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:21 - 29 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I decided to give up with the latest phones. They got everything you could ever want from life, but everything about them is crap. Rubbish build quality and software that any self respecting developer would be completely ashamed of.
I got rid of my god awful Sony Ericsson K850i and bought a Nokia 6300 for half the price I sold the K850i, the only Nokia phone to be rated 5 stars on a lot of mobile review sites. It's basic as fook, but has a nice screen, excellent build quality and does exactly what I ask for it, sends/recieves texts and calls. It only has a 2MP camera, but it's good enough for quick snaps.
I do own an iPod touch, which is essentially an iPhone without the phone feature and I do love it so much though, so if I were to get a next gen phone, it would be the iPhone 3G. Though I understand they break easily when dropped. ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|