Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


PS3 - more then just a gaming console?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

GodzGift
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: PS3 - more then just a gaming console? Reply with quote

So, what do you do with your PS3 besides gaming?

/Discuss?
____________________
Bike Level: Amateur | CBT Passed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:39 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes hook up the ipod and play music through it, although it could try and be a little more compatible!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chasman231
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:32 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it as my main DVD player now as it upscales the output when plugged into a HD tv, as well as a music system - I upgraded the HDD to a 300Gb one so I could fit lots of music on it (as well as DIVX movies)
Also occasionally use it as a web browser, although it is a bit of a pain to navigate with.

I have played about with putting some digital photos on it too but purely as a display device.
____________________
"If everything is under control..........you are not going fast enough!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Neorion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use mine for

Bluray
Dvd upscaling as my DVD player only does 1080i.
Play a lot of music through it.
I have installed ORB on my pc's as it shares media in a better fashion than MP11, I stream divx on it.

It hasn't taken over the job of my media Pc yet as the browser is still really clunky and the hacked IPLAYER is terrible. I would love them to fix it or become partners with firefox or opera and give you an area to install plugins then I would be happy.

I didnt put linux on it as you cant access the 3d capabilities Crying or Very sad

I dont fold to be honest.

Does it annoy anyone else that you cant download and pla a game or movie at the same time?

They added a new dashboard feature that turns off the system after a download but the xbox does it fine?

I still dont feel Sony have managed to come even close to the same community that the 360 has. I mean adding friends and the online gaming thing still feels very detached.
____________________
VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve H
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not hooked the Ipod up yet but viewed photo's (via the usb port) and had a quick gander at the dvd/blue ray capabilities - check out AV Forums PS3 section for some top tips Thumbs Up

MGS4 is terribly addictive although I wouldn't wanna play it on the top setting (as Shaun's mentioned in a previous thread). Really enjoying the graphic's and gameplay (although to be fair I've only played Wipeout HD, MGS4 and GTAIV). I'm SO glad that I chose it over the 360 Thumbs Up
____________________
Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

binge
Emo Kiddy



Joined: 03 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:12 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueRay / DVD player. Thats about it.

I only have 2 PS3 games. As apposed to the 200~ DVD's and BlueRays.

Never even used the HDD built into it other than to save games really. My Phone links up to my Samsung DVD player Via Bluetooth for music. And the PC does everything else.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:42 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
MGS4 is terribly addictive although I wouldn't wanna play it on the top setting (as Shaun's mentioned in a previous thread). Really enjoying the graphic's and gameplay (although to be fair I've only played Wipeout HD, MGS4 and GTAIV). I'm SO glad that I chose it over the 360 Thumbs Up


When you get to act 5, spend all your points on anesth ammo, you an carry it over to big boss extreme mode, which funnilly enough, would've helped me a lot! I'm now sprinting through liquid easy mode so I can carry some ammo over next time....

I've started playing it online as well which is fun if you land up in a decent 16 person game, team sneaking and team deathmatch is particuarly fun, the transition from sneak an be silent to run round blowing the shit out of everything as quickly is possible isn't easy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:07 - 27 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
Not hooked the Ipod up yet


It's a bit anal for listening via the ipod, it recognises it's an ipod but can't auto find the music, press triangle on it and pick show all, then navigate to your music.

If I remember correctly it's located somewhere like Ipod_control --> Music and then split down into folders name F00, F01 etc.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:50 - 28 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blu Ray
DVD
Music
Photos
Gaming
Browsing the net sometimes

It's good. Thumbs Up
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve H
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:07 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if you can get 'em for the 360 but there's also something very appealing about lying on the sofa miles (well 15-20 feet!) away from your big screen TV and not having to worry about a wire snaking across the floor from your controller to the console - God Bless blu-tooth Thumbs Up
____________________
Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.7 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 68.13 Kb