Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Things to do before you die

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:22 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Things to do before you die Reply with quote

I've decided to compile a list of things I need to achieve before the time comes where I must leave this fake reality... I joke, I just mean before I die.

The list is as follows

See a goat climb a tree
Stand on stage in front of a few thousand people
Get on TV (not some shitty channel at 4am)
Following that, get the media to hate on me for some reason
Live in a 'proper' city
Stroke a Lion
Throw a TV out of a high window
Be pissed for a complete 24 hour period
Do a Sky dive
Stand in a news agent and call daily mail readers twats
Make a famous youtube video
Teach my li'l bro to ride a motorbike
Not have to work a 9-5
Tell Jonathan Ross he's a bell end
Go to one of those mental churches in America

That'll do for now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:32 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and yeah, post yours so I can steal your ideas.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:00 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Re: Things to do before you die Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
I've decided to compile a list of things I need to achieve before the time comes where I must leave this fake reality... I joke, I just mean before I die.

The list is as follows

See a goat climb a tree
Stand on stage in front of a few thousand people
Get on TV (not some shitty channel at 4am)
Following that, get the media to hate on me for some reason
Live in a 'proper' city
Stroke a Lion
Throw a TV out of a high window
Be pissed for a complete 24 hour period
Do a Sky dive
Stand in a news agent and call daily mail readers twats
Make a famous youtube video
Teach my li'l bro to ride a motorbike
Not have to work a 9-5
Tell Jonathan Ross he's a bell end
Go to one of those mental churches in America
Get a life

That'll do for now!


Good to see your aiming high there. Confused
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:02 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Re: Things to do before you die Reply with quote

Finglonga wrote:
Good to see your aiming high there. Confused


I keep more personal aims to myself, those are just a few things I need to do to help make my life complete.

Now be a dear and stop fingering those kids.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:05 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a few of your things:

Seen a goat climb a tree
Stroked a lion
Been pissed for a complete 34 hour period. Never again. Hangover that lasted a week!
TV out of a third story window

Not that many things I want to do really

Sky dive
Bungee jump
Break 200 mph
Break 300 mph
Nothern Lights
Cage dive with great whites
Build a Caterham 7
Rebuild an old skool mini with two Fireblade engines in, on for the front wheels and one for the rear

....I'm sure I'll think of more but that's all for now. Any other adrenalin junkie stuff will do Thumbs Up
____________________
wizzzard wrote: Imagine God just stopping by, tidying your front room up and then quietly letting himself out again. Statisticly more likely to happen than Korn being on here.


Last edited by quacker_boy on 14:25 - 30 Oct 2008; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve H
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:24 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to visit the grave of or meet every person mentioned in Billy Joel's 'We Didn't Start the Fire' over a 6 month period.

I'd document my journey through American History using a camcorder, entitle it 'A Documentary about the shittest song EVER' and sell it to the BBC where it'd be shown after midnight on BBC3.
____________________
Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:31 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to own a goat.

In order to do so I will probably need a bit of land to do it. Probably with a tree.

If you still haven't done the goat observation I'll let you come round and watch. Then we will both have achieved one of our goals. Wouldn't that be nice?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:04 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:
I really want to own a goat.

In order to do so I will probably need a bit of land to do it. Probably with a tree.

If you still haven't done the goat observation I'll let you come round and watch. Then we will both have achieved one of our goals. Wouldn't that be nice?


That has to be the WORST chat-up line I've ever heard/read.

My List:

1) Reach some Zen like state where I am truly content with what I have.
2) Survive long enough to reach Entry No.1.
____________________
Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:13 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually can't think of anything Shocked

I am almost utterly content in my life at this point, that I have little ambition other than to stay reasonably healthy and financially comfortable till I actually die of old age.

*bites lip*
Must be time I died, then.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:24 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before i die...

A 3-sum (two girls)
Kill a large animal with a big gun
Own an American V8
Make a sketch show (probably an online 1)
Take revenge on a bike thief
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:38 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
I would like to visit the grave of or meet every person mentioned in Billy Joel's 'We Didn't Start the Fire' over a 6 month period.

I'd document my journey...and sell it to the BBC where it'd be shown after midnight on BBC3.

Sounds like you've just got the outline for Dave Gorman's next little project Very Happy
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:02 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to keep goats when I was a child, I actually helped one give birth, and then it was my job to look after the kid because it's mother rejected it.

I've never seen one climb a tree though!

Because I've already acheived a lot of my personal goals, I cannot think of any many more I would like to do, apart from these:

(I cannot do a skydive, because my doctor won't allow me).
*I would absolutely love to be co-driver in a proper rally tournament, the adrenalin buzz from that would be amazing.
*Would like to get up close and personal to an errupting volcano, and see larva flowing with my own eyes
*Would like to go storm chasing in America, to see twisters
*Would like to see a proper whirlpool
*Would like to see a tsunami wall of water (from a helicopter)
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:07 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to race, I want to travel, but mostly, I want cake.

I don't want to waste my life working.
____________________
You ain't a has been if you never was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lofty
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:56 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to go to lots of countries and see some amazing animals and stuffs,
swim with sharks... which after my degree might happen, never know!
Do some amateur point to point racing,
Get a bigger ruddy bike!
Be happy.. and I would like to be able to forget all the people that don't make me happy!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:58 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want...

a job that can provide for my needs, that every morning I get up and think "Great! I get to do <insert bliss here> again!"
to run a marathon.
to see New Zealand, and Japan.
to get monged in Amsterdam.
to find the perfect motorbike.
to write a book.
to finish Frankenstick.
to start gigging again.
to learn to read music.
to write my own music.
<insert a pile of other things here>
and finally, to die peacefully in my sleep.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:21 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did write a list a while ago, but seem to have lost it, something along the lines of...

See the northern lights
Learn to ride to a reasonable 'superclub' standard
Get better at decent (high/slow) wheelies.
Learn to powered-hang-glide & paramotor
Try and eat a 'Big Texan' steak (the big one, of course!)
Ride to Mochudi, Botswana
Do a bungee jump (if Im allowed)
Complete PPL
Do a free-fall parachute jump
Do some more 'serious' enduros (if my back can take it, which is unlikely),
Maybe even find a lady soul-mate to do some of the above with

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:
I really want to own a goat.

In order to do so I will probably need a bit of land to do it. Probably with a tree.

Podge who used to post on here and lives in London used to have Goat(s).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:17 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
*I would absolutely love to be co-driver in a proper rally tournament, the adrenalin buzz from that would be amazing.


It's not. You have to keep 100% concentration on your pace notes. If you have time to look out of the window, you're either lost or crashing.
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
You have to keep 100% concentration on your pace notes. If you have time to look out of the window, you're either lost or crashing.


Oh...bugger...okay change that to go around a rally circuit with pro rally driver, as though in a proper race. Thumbs Up
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:57 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunge wildly at the pope
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:04 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
Lunge wildly at the pope


Where have I heard that before?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:27 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

* See a tornado
* See the Northern Lights
* In the summer, go sufficiently north so that night-time never occurs
* Do the Lands end to John o Groats, cycling.

In a rush, so that's all for now.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
bonny_ricardo wrote:
Lunge wildly at the pope


Where have I heard that before?


Bill Bailey - Part Troll

In his general piece mocking the 'things to do before you die' fad.

'Heres one... swim with dolphins. Anyone here swam with dolphins? You? How was it? [pause] ... Ok. See that is the problem people' und so weiter
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:09 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, yeah, I would quite like to see the Northern Lights Cool
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

kitty kat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:53 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sad, no ambitions other than to be happy with my life. At this moment in time I am extremely happy, things are looking very good for me.
____________________
Enjoy everyday, tell those you love everyday you love them
Life is too short to fall out with people
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 343 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.67 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 135.46 Kb