Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Do you believe in the Afterlife?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:53 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, died at car accident and brought back died on operating table and brought back. No white light, no pearly gates and no fires of hell licking at my plums. Twisted Evil
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will let you know when I am dead. Thats the only time I will know if its real. But I enjoy all the evidence.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:57 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undoubtably yes.
After seeing the ghost of my grandfather.I was destraught when he died of cancer, he spent 6 months in great pain slowly wasting away.
The day of he funeral I saw him sat in his armchair, he looked up and told me that he was better now and that the pain was gone and he was happy. Then just kind of faded away.

The relief I felt was instant.

He was a very skilled man and I believe he is watching over my shoulder when Im working on the bike or I get stuck doing something at work.
A good man who I miss dearly.

So yes, yes I do.
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:02 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_fisty wrote:
Undoubtably yes.
After seeing the ghost of my grandfather.I was destraught when he died of cancer, he spent 6 months in great pain slowly wasting away.
The day of he funeral I saw him sat in his armchair, he looked up and told me that he was better now and that the pain was gone and he was happy. Then just kind of faded away.

The relief I felt was instant.

He was a very skilled man and I believe he is watching over my shoulder when Im working on the bike or I get stuck doing something at work.
A good man who I miss dearly.

So yes, yes I do.


Thats nice, I seen my gran on the day of her funeral (ghost form I mean) and had witnesses with me. Didnt want to say that here though but have seen lots from when I was a child.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people seem to see alot where others se nothing. My mum for instance seems to get "bad vibes" from places.

We rented a holiday cottage in wales and it had a huge dining hall, mum would not got in there at all. She said that it was freezing in there (even though it was 20 odd degrees ) and that it felt like she was being watched. Turned out a lady had been murdered in there in the 60's.

My last house was haunted, I have at least 6 witnesses to it including 2 members of this forum!
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:25 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No such thing as an afterlife, you die and you're dead, that's it, With no electrical impulses in your brain you are no more, completely gone.

The idea of an afterlife is impossible anyway, it makes no sense and so is all just make believe.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rotax81
Nearly there...



Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
No such thing as an afterlife, you die and you're dead, that's it, With no electrical impulses in your brain you are no more, completely gone.

The idea of an afterlife is impossible anyway, it makes no sense and so is all just make believe.



thats rubbish!!!


yours. a cockroach in won king resaurant (formerly Rotax81)
____________________
ZX636C6F road. ZX636C1H track. ZX7R redundant. ZX0.5R minimoto as ornament.
Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi and VW Transporter 2.5TDi 888 Special (no mot and tax lol)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:54 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so far.
I don't think I'm "the type" for ghosts to present themselves to Laughing

I'm prepared to give the idea air-time when and if something happened which I simply could not ignore.

But until then, I don't deny other people the opportunity to believe they've seen things.

Its just that I don't.
Yet.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I plan not to come back.
____________________
My other bike's a Monster... Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NickD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 29 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only as much as I believe in the 'beforelife'.
____________________
I was only doing what it said on my licence officer....
Tear along the dotted line!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:14 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think on the whole I do, but do not pretend to know what form it would take.

Humans' self awareness is so distinct from other animals, that it does seem not of this 'world'. The concept that the mere reaction of chemicals, accumulation of cells and electrical pulses can create self awareness and the complexity of thought we are capable of is a bit too much, IMO. Seems a bit much for evolution, but then the eye is a pretty shit hot bit of kit to just appear from evolution, so what do I know. Laughing

The final bit of 'evidence' I use to support my belief is the fact we are here at all. I mean, I cannot comprehend that something has happened out of nothing, so there must be something else at a higher plane than what we can 'see'.

So yeah, but that won't stop me having fun in this life, or being careful not to have it end prematurely!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:41 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not, i can't see myself going to heaven, I'm too much of an Arsehole.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:34 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Tis an interesting subject I think.

On the whole I's say yes, but im cynical towards peoples ideas of heaven/hell or even the general concept of a spirit world. Im more inclined to believe that once you croak it, the energy within yourself transcends perhaps to another dimension, a different wavelength if you will, and perhaps some people have some brain abnormalities that enable them to catch a glimpse of this every now and then. It might work on a scientific level if they ever prove solidly the "many worlds" theory or something similar. I cant believe that once your lights are out, thats it, since its fact that energy cannot be destroyed or created, so what of that which powers the 'soul' for lack of a better phrase??

That said, after watching numerous documentries on some really fascinating brain disorders or anomalys, it really beggers belief what the mind is capable of producing in terms of sensations and experiences, so maybe some people have temporary, fleeting 'outages' that conjure up such things, but then again, you get people reporting exactly the same thing in the same place, which is hard to explain using that theory.

Only thing I can say I've experienced is one time I was working late in the labs, and thats pretty unnerving in itself in the dark winter nights as its a huge place and no-ones around. Anyway, walking between labs and had this incredible sensation that I was being watched, to the point I was turning round and trying to suss someone out (we've had break ins before so figured someone was trying their luck). This went on for about half hour and it was really making me nervous. I walked trough the corridor, then into the lab then straight back out again (was in the room for less than 5 seconds) and then I felt like I had walked into a wall of smell. The smell was of a tobacco pipe, my grandad had passed away about a week or two before, one thing I always remember about going to my grandads house was the lovely smell of his pipe that he was always puffing on, and this was the exact same smell. That smell had not been there 5 seconds before, and now the place stunk of it, I can describe how much it hit me in the face. I just froze on the spot for about a minute, hairs standing on edge. I then went back in the other lab, came straight back out and the smell had gone, along with any further sensation of me being watched, and I felt rather relaxed actually.

Not a terribly exciting story I know, but its the closest thing I;ve come to, and whilst it was happening there was thing feeling that you know is not normal, its hard to describe really.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:45 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experienced plenty of ghostly visitations. If there is one in your house, it's likely I will see it!!! Shocked

Although, despite the above I'm still a bit cynical about the heaven/hell thing...I'm not entirely sure what I believe.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:51 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I encountered a pale, blurry, ghastly looking figure on my landing last night when I went to the loo. Then thought that if I had to have a full length mirror on my landing, I should start wearing pyjamas to bed.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:08 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_fisty wrote:
Undoubtably yes.
After seeing the ghost of my grandfather.I was destraught when he died of cancer, he spent 6 months in great pain slowly wasting away.
The day of he funeral I saw him sat in his armchair, he looked up and told me that he was better now and that the pain was gone and he was happy. Then just kind of faded away.

The relief I felt was instant.

He was a very skilled man and I believe he is watching over my shoulder when Im working on the bike or I get stuck doing something at work.
A good man who I miss dearly.

So yes, yes I do.

Whilst I admire you for the love for your grandfather, it strikes as amazing at what the human mind can do to people.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:13 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye. After life we rejoin the nitrogen cycle, feeding plants that then feed animals that then feed other animals that then die and decompose... rejoining the cycle.

Dualism? Pff.

Thats the kicker with being an Atheist though Dragonfly, we never get to say I told you so Wink
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:16 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of an afterlife, for example, I wouldn't mind being able to perv, ummm I mean haunt one or two people...

In reality I don't believe in any of it, its a case of I'll believe it when I see it. I think its a wee bit like religion to be honest, just an idea to help us deal with the fact that at the end, you really are just worm food or fertilizer and harsh though it may be, the same is true for loved ones a friends when they go too.

Personally, I quite like the idea of being dead. (Not in a creepy suicidal way mind Shocked ) It really would be the ultimate peaceful state.

That said, I will continue to enjoy books based on the idea, I love a Stephen King chiller (as in horror story, not a fridge, Wink ) or a creepy Dean Koontz psycho-thriller.

Thumbs Up
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pyx_e
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:16 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fall into the "yes" camp. Mostly because I hang around dead people a bit and there is so obviously something missing. In particular if it is someone I have known then the essence of them seems to have gone. It may be my optimistic nature to assume they have "gone" to a better place. I also have sensed the precence of a loved one at a important time.

My faith (Christianity) teaches me it is so, but I am happy to call it a mystery and let God sort it out.
____________________
Shiney!
Kawasaki: ER5, Versys, VN900.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:27 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyx_e wrote:
My faith (Christianity)


Tool.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:30 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
pyx_e wrote:
My faith (Christianity)


Tool.


Now, now - don't mock the afflicted.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:34 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyx_e wrote:
I fall into the "yes" camp. Mostly because I hang around dead people a bit and there is so obviously something missing. In particular if it is someone I have known then the essence of them seems to have gone. It may be my optimistic nature to assume they have "gone" to a better place. I also have sensed the precence of a loved one at a important time.

My faith (Christianity) teaches me it is so, but I am happy to call it a mystery and let God sort it out.


The 'essence' we leave behind exists in the memory of those we've touched in life.

(On the other hand, if you're dead, you're not really in a position to worry about being remembered in a positive light...)

Thumbs Up
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pyx_e
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:17 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
pyx_e wrote:
My faith (Christianity)


Tool.


We are all God's tools Shaun, some are bigger tools than others.
____________________
Shiney!
Kawasaki: ER5, Versys, VN900.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:07 - 30 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do beleive in an afterlife... and i also beleive that everyone has an allotted time and date to snuff it, so its upto that person to make the most of every day incase the next day they shuffle off the mortal coil.
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 340 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.27 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 135.8 Kb