|
|
| Author |
Message |
| warped one |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 warped one Banned

Joined: 25 Dec 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Finglonga |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Finglonga World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:53 - 29 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nope, died at car accident and brought back died on operating table and brought back. No white light, no pearly gates and no fires of hell licking at my plums.  ____________________ Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fisty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fisty Super Spammer

Joined: 11 Apr 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fisty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fisty Super Spammer

Joined: 11 Apr 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rotax81 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rotax81 Nearly there...

Joined: 10 Sep 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:54 - 29 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not so far.
I don't think I'm "the type" for ghosts to present themselves to
I'm prepared to give the idea air-time when and if something happened which I simply could not ignore.
But until then, I don't deny other people the opportunity to believe they've seen things.
Its just that I don't.
Yet. ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paivi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paivi World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:57 - 29 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
No. I plan not to come back. ____________________ My other bike's a Monster...  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NickD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NickD World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 05:14 - 30 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think on the whole I do, but do not pretend to know what form it would take.
Humans' self awareness is so distinct from other animals, that it does seem not of this 'world'. The concept that the mere reaction of chemicals, accumulation of cells and electrical pulses can create self awareness and the complexity of thought we are capable of is a bit too much, IMO. Seems a bit much for evolution, but then the eye is a pretty shit hot bit of kit to just appear from evolution, so what do I know.
The final bit of 'evidence' I use to support my belief is the fact we are here at all. I mean, I cannot comprehend that something has happened out of nothing, so there must be something else at a higher plane than what we can 'see'.
So yeah, but that won't stop me having fun in this life, or being careful not to have it end prematurely! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 07:34 - 30 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
'Tis an interesting subject I think.
On the whole I's say yes, but im cynical towards peoples ideas of heaven/hell or even the general concept of a spirit world. Im more inclined to believe that once you croak it, the energy within yourself transcends perhaps to another dimension, a different wavelength if you will, and perhaps some people have some brain abnormalities that enable them to catch a glimpse of this every now and then. It might work on a scientific level if they ever prove solidly the "many worlds" theory or something similar. I cant believe that once your lights are out, thats it, since its fact that energy cannot be destroyed or created, so what of that which powers the 'soul' for lack of a better phrase??
That said, after watching numerous documentries on some really fascinating brain disorders or anomalys, it really beggers belief what the mind is capable of producing in terms of sensations and experiences, so maybe some people have temporary, fleeting 'outages' that conjure up such things, but then again, you get people reporting exactly the same thing in the same place, which is hard to explain using that theory.
Only thing I can say I've experienced is one time I was working late in the labs, and thats pretty unnerving in itself in the dark winter nights as its a huge place and no-ones around. Anyway, walking between labs and had this incredible sensation that I was being watched, to the point I was turning round and trying to suss someone out (we've had break ins before so figured someone was trying their luck). This went on for about half hour and it was really making me nervous. I walked trough the corridor, then into the lab then straight back out again (was in the room for less than 5 seconds) and then I felt like I had walked into a wall of smell. The smell was of a tobacco pipe, my grandad had passed away about a week or two before, one thing I always remember about going to my grandads house was the lovely smell of his pipe that he was always puffing on, and this was the exact same smell. That smell had not been there 5 seconds before, and now the place stunk of it, I can describe how much it hit me in the face. I just froze on the spot for about a minute, hairs standing on edge. I then went back in the other lab, came straight back out and the smell had gone, along with any further sensation of me being watched, and I felt rather relaxed actually.
Not a terribly exciting story I know, but its the closest thing I;ve come to, and whilst it was happening there was thing feeling that you know is not normal, its hard to describe really.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:45 - 30 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have experienced plenty of ghostly visitations. If there is one in your house, it's likely I will see it!!!
Although, despite the above I'm still a bit cynical about the heaven/hell thing...I'm not entirely sure what I believe. ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:51 - 30 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I encountered a pale, blurry, ghastly looking figure on my landing last night when I went to the loo. Then thought that if I had to have a full length mirror on my landing, I should start wearing pyjamas to bed. ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:13 - 30 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Aye. After life we rejoin the nitrogen cycle, feeding plants that then feed animals that then feed other animals that then die and decompose... rejoining the cycle.
Dualism? Pff.
Thats the kicker with being an Atheist though Dragonfly, we never get to say I told you so  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:16 - 30 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I like the idea of an afterlife, for example, I wouldn't mind being able to perv, ummm I mean haunt one or two people...
In reality I don't believe in any of it, its a case of I'll believe it when I see it. I think its a wee bit like religion to be honest, just an idea to help us deal with the fact that at the end, you really are just worm food or fertilizer and harsh though it may be, the same is true for loved ones a friends when they go too.
Personally, I quite like the idea of being dead. (Not in a creepy suicidal way mind ) It really would be the ultimate peaceful state.
That said, I will continue to enjoy books based on the idea, I love a Stephen King chiller (as in horror story, not a fridge, ) or a creepy Dean Koontz psycho-thriller.
 ____________________ Didn't catch anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pyx_e |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pyx_e World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Nov 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pyx_e |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pyx_e World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Nov 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The999Kid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The999Kid World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 340 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|