|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Cigaro |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cigaro World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:52 - 30 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
My mobile is a phone which also holds numbers, but that's it.
I have a camera that takes pictures and an MP3 that plays music, and this arrangements suits me just fine  ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:15 - 30 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Speaking as someone who rides a bike, convergence is wonderful. I no longer need to spend £200-£400 on a box to connect my mobile phone and walkman to, I can simply run my phone headphones into the lid and off we go. I can also run a satnav system on it. Wait, there's more. If I'm out in the summer on a fast blat and don't want to bother lugging my decent camera around in it's case then if the scene presents itself I still have the means to take an acceptable (not great, but then it's not meant as a camera replacement) picture if I need to.
Not only this, but the bluetooth enables me to put the phone safely in an inside pocket and control the audio with a cheap remote attached to the back of my left glove.
That's just a brief list as pertaining directly to me as a rider. There are endless other uses in my everyday life as well.
It's great to see technology being made useful, personally I reckon mobile phones are one of the few areas where they're actually doing that and making advances.
I still can't get over the fact someone voluntarily bought a Samsung though  ____________________ I'm immortal. Well, so far. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cigaro |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cigaro World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kitty kat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kitty kat World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:55 - 30 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
my phone has mp3 on it, but I have only put 3 songs on I have a Sony Ericsson ____________________ Enjoy everyday, tell those you love everyday you love them
Life is too short to fall out with people |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| KLR600 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 KLR600 World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:02 - 30 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I got my Sony Ericsson W750i for £25 second hand from a mate. I then put a 4GB memory card in it that I already had and now I can have most of my favourite music with me when I go mountain biking and if I fall off and smash up my phone I'm just happy I haven't smashed up my phone (which I would of had with me anyway) AND an MP3 player. It also has an acceptable camera for when the DSLR is at home.
I agree that phones are great for stuff like this but I don't think I'd have something like an Iphone as I simply don't need to be checking my emails every 2 seconds and be constantly on the net or whatever. ____________________ Now: '00 Kawasaki ZRX1100R - Past: '84 Yamaha DT125, '89 Kawasaki KLR600, '97 Yamaha XJ600N
<My Bikepics Page> <My Yootoobes> <My Websites> <My Photos>
<Take Cool Photos!> |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cigaro |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cigaro World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:51 - 30 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ignore him, he's a black belt grumpy fucker with a vicious sense of humour, no need to rise to the bait and get offended when he casts the hook
Each unto their own, I've never got on with the Samsung menu system or firmwares. Actively had problems with them in fact, but as long as it's useful and you're happy then rock on  ____________________ I'm immortal. Well, so far. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ms51ves3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ms51ves3 Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:59 - 30 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
My K750i that I bought over 2 years ago is brilliant. I use the camera on it and the built in torch. The torch comes in handy all the time when working on the bikes.
It cost me £120 when I bought it so I want to get the full usage out of it  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Carl_steveo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Carl_steveo World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Steve H |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Steve H World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:25 - 31 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Jon B wrote: | | Carl_steveo wrote: | I got the samsung tocco. It's actually really good i like it. |
It's a pile of wank, two of mates have them the touch screen is awful. |
Yeah i agree, i have a w960i and i can't stand the touch screen. Although it has normal keys for numbers and texting, everything else is touch screen and it drives me mad.
I could just manage with something with a big screen (ie - iphone, as i have an itouch and its just manageable) but anything less it would end up in murder or suicide
I was highly considering either the n96 or c905 but talking to someone on msn made me see something, that how often will i use all the fancy features? Yeah you might do for a week or so while the novelty factory is still there, but afterwards it will be used just like a normal phone. Like my w960i, i got it on contract (i just picked the most expensive phone because they were all free ) but now all i do is phone and text, its simple.
I aren't going to buy a really tacky phone, you know what us 19 year olds are like but i aren't going to spend £410/£500 on a phone, so someone just saved me £200-£300  ____________________ It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ms51ves3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ms51ves3 Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:16 - 31 Oct 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Carl_steveo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Carl_steveo World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:09 - 01 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Some people just don't have the intellect to use a touch screen. That or fat thumbs.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 342 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|