|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 04:18 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah, he's not exactly black, bit half arsed like Lewis Hamilton. Still, doesn't matter what colour he is, i'm sure he and his colleagues will revolutionise the US government  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paddy Blake |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paddy Blake World Chat Champion
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 06:11 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Who's the first band to release (Nigga in the whate house)as a song.It's got a ring to it.
I was up for him to win so all good.
Paddy. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 06:40 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Whatever the conspiracists, delusionists and downright miserable say, this is a historic day for the US on a social level. It will also have a massive impact worldwide as those who live in countries less fortunate than our own, which are usually black communities may also get swept off their feet by the wave of Obama.
Say what you like about the American people, but this time they managed to put any racial feelings aside and voted for change. How much change will become apparent over the next few years.
I only wish we had such an election where there was a clear difference between the party leaders, they all use the same policies and tactics to win an election. I hardly feel we have any overwhelming choice when we go to the polls. Suffice to say the general election in 2010 will probably be as boring as they come. ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paddy Blake |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paddy Blake World Chat Champion
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 06:41 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't mean to seem like an old man but we are looking at historic times right now with this and markets and all sorts of things.
Young lad came in yesterday evening and the first thing he said was how is Obama doing.But still many have no idea there is an election or recession.
Paddy. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nufkamp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nufkamp Traffic Copper

Joined: 15 Jul 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 07:09 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
This is truly an historic day.
It's the first time ever I've been older than the President of the USA.
But anything's gotta be better than that twat GW. ____________________ As seen on Google Street View https://tinyurl.com/yfdvojc |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AdamMurray |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AdamMurray Derestricted Danger
Joined: 28 Oct 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 07:12 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| powelly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 powelly World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 May 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 07:16 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I actually see this as a glimmer of hope is a world that seems to be heading down the pan.
Granted I doubt he'll be alive long enough to make a major difference but at least there is hope.
[Checks behind me for the secret service]
 ____________________ Yamaha RXS 100 > Gilera Runner 50 > Suzuki SV650SY |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:01 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Was slightly irked when I turned on the news this morning to see hordes of black londoners going nutty about it, and saying in terrible grammar 'it proves I can do it'.
Er no. It proves that a /man/ (lets leave colour out) with the power to inspire can overcome petty prejudice.
My obvious and quite deflating point is that he is a half-caste so great, it is a good start, but the part they missed is he dressed well, talked well and generally acted like a normal person.
Me thinks if he'd gone up in dreads he may of had less of a chance.
But anyhew, I'm ecstatic. First day in recent memory I'm not under the shadow of that whorebeast child-president's idiocy. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:19 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
2 things.
1) I'm completely and utterly bored and fed up with seeing this strewn all over the news, telly and every forum I come across!! I was bored with it when it started and I still don't give a sh!t now.
2) If only we had this kind of campaigning that went on for so long in the UK, maybe it'd drum up more interest and then maybe more than half of us might be arsed to turn up and vote! However, as was stated previously, it doesn't help that all the parties end up with the same ideas, they make a whole heap of promises and then break them all as soon as they're in power so none of them are remotely trustworthy anyway...  ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Chriss |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Chriss World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 May 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:32 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
As someone in our forces, I wonder what it'll change for the Americans we often have to serve with abroad, ie, how quickly will they be withdrawing?  ____________________ TheShaggyDA: I've got 3 or 4 pairs that predate my wife, so at least 11.5 years old. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ncrn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ncrn World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Didge |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Didge Traffic Copper

Joined: 02 Jul 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Faldo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Faldo World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Aug 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:14 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
What is change?
Are we looking for America to get to a perfect Utopian like existance ? Because let's face it, it isn't going to happen in my lifetime, if ever.
Obviously, there are current issues that need resolving such as the financial crisis, war in Iraq etc, but is it actually possible for man in office for a couple of terms to turn a country from a joke to a perfect society ? Are there any examples of this happening ?
Whatever Obama does, there are always going to be issues that need resolving, with critics in waiting.
Good luck to the man I say.  ____________________ Current: ZZR1400
Previous: ZXR 400 L9, ZX-7R P5, ZZR 400, ZX-7R P6, Bandit 600, GSXR 750 Slingshot, DRZ400, DR650, ZX10R C1H, ZXR 750 L1, ZXR 750 L3, '99 ZX7R P4, KTM 300 EXC, ZX-9R E1, TDM850 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:39 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Quote: |
Errr, no.
The cynic inside me is saying it proves that a /man/ who can raise lots and lots of money and who has a great set of speech writers can overcome prejudice.
That said, I hope he lives up to expectations. Another 4 years of more of the same like McCain wasn't going to be a good thing.
I guess the secret service will have to up their game too.
Mind you, I've the West Wing to thank for my knowledge of American politics. I guess time will tell if Osama is anything like Bartlet! |
+1, I was going to say it proves he is somewhat an adept in the technique of Backhanding.
I think when you look at it, the majority of americans, and indeed the world, were more than displeased with Bush's actions, so why choose to continue this regime by electing McCain? Obama was the only real option if anything was to occur of any benefit.
I cant really decide my thoughts on the race issue. I can see why it might give hope to some americans, but on the other hand I figure race really shouldnt be much of an issue since, unless some presidents openly admit they are racist, then surely equality should already be commonplace across the land?
Well, in the meantime I'll just sit back and wait to see who he wants to nuke first.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SoND |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SoND World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:46 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I wonder how this one is going to fuck things up.  ____________________ Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| headlamp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 headlamp World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Nov 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:08 - 05 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Like I say, my only source of excitement is the removal of Bush. When they kept Bush for a second term was pretty much when I began loathing all americans. He didn't just win by a small margin either... yet I defy you to find one person who admits to it.
Just like Labour. God if only we'd had Michael Howard Now we're stuck with Cameron (if we're lucky) ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 333 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|