|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Dalemac |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dalemac World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Oct 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| nick606 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 nick606 World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Nov 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:10 - 12 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I can't think of many people from uni who finished the whole 3 years with a boyfriend/girlfriend back home.
But I can easily think of a good 50 who tried. Oh and I can't think of any who managed the whole 3 years long distance without either a thoroughly boring time or cheating on/being cheated on.
Unfortunately as well, women are complete fucking idiots. And you are too for encouraging this. /IF/ you set a precedent of 'being nice', when you don't do said nice thing one day (because you have no time) you become the bastard. She is expecting you to continue you soppy 'I miss you so much' phone calls and texts, at the frequency you began them. Which you won't be doing because you'll be stuck doinh work. Therefore, you become the bad person in their mental little heads.
AVOID SETTING PRECEDENTS!
Also note, she is an A-level student, you don't sound much older. Immaturity and throwing around 'love' is natural, but incredibly annoying. Don't let yourself waste university on a pipedream (and believe me I've seen it done, people together for 2 years of the 3 miserable... last year they realise it and try to cram 3 years fun into 1). Take it from me though, uni is a one off experience. Either grab it by the balls or regret it. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rowey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rowey World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Oct 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:16 - 12 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Listen to Bonny. He is wise in the nature of the mentally unstable female form (and apparently equal? ) of humans. ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:38 - 12 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
UNFORTUNATELY
Most women DO expect precedents to be "honoured" all the time.
Once you've set one, you'll be expected to keep it up.
And you have to set the parameters for it as soon as you've done it, so she knows what boundaries she has.
If you tell her you love her and then tell her that every day for a week, thats it: you got to do it for the rest of your life, or live to regret it.
Say it once.
Then save it up for a bit before you say it again.
(difficult to judge when, though ...
*evil female laughter*
Because every one of us has specific ideas about the length of time that ought to be )
Blokes seem to not place the same importance on the things that women do.
Many MANY women can't cope with that.
Once they have it (from a man that they want it from) women expect constant reaffirmation of emotional constancy.
Actually, it really sucks.
I wish we didn't do it.
Few of us are able to step beyond that need to be constantly reassured.
And those of us who can/try ... find it REALLY difficult.
Well, I do, anyway I really want to be girlie and stamp my feet and shout and cry, but I know it will just drive the object/s of my desire away.
Its not that we're mentally unstable.
We're just ... Ya can't win.
 ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:44 - 12 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
So, hence we have two schools of men:
1. Bastards; and
2. Pussywhipped.
Take your pick, chaps.
Cos you're gonna be one or the other for your WHOLE life  ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:51 - 12 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'll happily take the bastard one. ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:11 - 13 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Crying is another attention-seeking device a lot of women use too much. Another "look at me" drama effect. Most men seem to have one of two attitudes to it:
1. That crying crap don't work on me, luv; or
2. Oh God, she's crying, I can't cope (and do a runner).
There doesn't really seem to be many who think "Oh God, she's crying, I must try and resolve her problem instantly, the poor little flower." (and those that do are probably pretty sappy, LOL)
I really only cry when I am at my wits end (not very often) and then it means something. Well, it does to me, at least. And those around me who know me well, know "If Jen's crying, its pretty fuckin bad."  ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:12 - 13 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think it's time to post this again... ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:14 - 13 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Now, I found that on an old hard drive a few weeks ago. I printed it out and forgot to take it with me.
You reckon its worth printing out and reading, then, huh?
Must do, its been posted often enough... ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:23 - 13 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| hellkat wrote: |
I really only cry when I am at my wits end (not very often) and then it means something. Well, it does to me, at least. And those around me who know me well, know "If Jen's crying, its pretty fuckin bad."  |
Aye, the current is like that. And prefers to punch me and storm off to cry somewhere. That system I like.
The ex though... Bah. She used to cry so much it just used to make me laugh. But I got a lot of flack from people. 'Oh shes crying, why aren't you over there apologising etc etc'. Cos she was in the wrong... ?
That said, whilst you may say the two types are 'it don't work' or 'OMFG run'... my experience has always been men pandering to it (your "Oh God, she's crying, I must try and resolve her problem instantly, the poor little flower." scenario), and lots of apologies and nonsense. Especially when girls are crying about break ups etc. Best I've seen are girls crying about getting caught cheating, and the crying actually makes the guy feel sorry for her...
Maybe you just pick the bastards  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:23 - 13 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bugger... that really does look interesting, actually
Prolly I said that last time the link was posted... but now I'm actually committing myself to printing it  ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J0Al1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J0Al1 World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Nov 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J0Al1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J0Al1 World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Nov 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dalemac |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dalemac World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Oct 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 326 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|