Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


GF's at uni

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Dalemac
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:40 - 12 Nov 2008    Post subject: GF's at uni Reply with quote

Just to outline a little background info:

me and natalie met in france when on a skiing trip and have now been together for nearly 3 years.

i came to uni in lincoln and she stayed at home to finish her A levels.

i have been really busy since i got here, getting a 25h/ week job as well as studying, relaxing, being social, fixing the ever more broken gpz etc.

I am currently getting aload of ear because im always busy and "never seem to have any time" for her, despite a dozen texts a day and about 30 mins on the phone. minimum.

Even though i love her alot it is really starting to put a downer on everything. the constant crying because im not back at home with her and apparently i "just dont care about anything" anymore.

I dont know what to do, obviously i want to stay with her forever but she is making it alot harder than it needs to be. Its almost as if she is putting a downer on everything, pre-programming every aspect of my life and if something doesnt go to plan she goes nuts.


i dont know what to do.say anymore and am tired of listening to the crying, shouting, or arguing all the time.

*shrugs*
____________________
YBR125 -> GPZ500S -> SL1000
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

nick606
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:51 - 12 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have two options really go and see her more or end it. If you don't do anything she will probably just get annoyed and find someone at uni.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:04 - 12 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

She'll only ruin it for herself if she continues to nag you.
Its a shame she cannot see that she is probably driving you away.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:10 - 12 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of many people from uni who finished the whole 3 years with a boyfriend/girlfriend back home.

But I can easily think of a good 50 who tried. Oh and I can't think of any who managed the whole 3 years long distance without either a thoroughly boring time or cheating on/being cheated on.

Unfortunately as well, women are complete fucking idiots. And you are too for encouraging this. /IF/ you set a precedent of 'being nice', when you don't do said nice thing one day (because you have no time) you become the bastard. She is expecting you to continue you soppy 'I miss you so much' phone calls and texts, at the frequency you began them. Which you won't be doing because you'll be stuck doinh work. Therefore, you become the bad person in their mental little heads.

AVOID SETTING PRECEDENTS!

Also note, she is an A-level student, you don't sound much older. Immaturity and throwing around 'love' is natural, but incredibly annoying. Don't let yourself waste university on a pipedream (and believe me I've seen it done, people together for 2 years of the 3 miserable... last year they realise it and try to cram 3 years fun into 1). Take it from me though, uni is a one off experience. Either grab it by the balls or regret it.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rowey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:11 - 12 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long distance relationships are very hard to maintain. Even if you were 100% stable before you left it's still not easy.

Girls tend to need a lot of attention even my girlfriend sends me texts saying she is missing me. The record is after I'd just dropped her home. Hellcat summed it up perfectly earlier "women are nuts" they don't usually know what they want.

It sounds like you're doing everything in your power to keep in touch. Don't let her nagging bring you down. Have you had a talk with her about how busy you are? It would be selfish of her to cause you to fail coursework or not study.
____________________
ZX6R C6F.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:12 - 12 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Its a shame she cannot see that she is probably driving you away.


Unfortunately on some men it works. Spineless muppets. These then teach said nagging gimp that it works, and then every other man she ever meets will get nagged.

Its the cycle Neutral
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 12 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to Bonny. He is wise in the nature of the mentally unstable female form (and apparently equal? Eh? ) of humans.
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 12 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNFORTUNATELY
Most women DO expect precedents to be "honoured" all the time.
Once you've set one, you'll be expected to keep it up.
And you have to set the parameters for it as soon as you've done it, so she knows what boundaries she has.

If you tell her you love her and then tell her that every day for a week, thats it: you got to do it for the rest of your life, or live to regret it.
Say it once.
Then save it up for a bit before you say it again.

(difficult to judge when, though ...
*evil female laughter*
Because every one of us has specific ideas about the length of time that ought to be Laughing )

Blokes seem to not place the same importance on the things that women do.
Many MANY women can't cope with that.
Once they have it (from a man that they want it from) women expect constant reaffirmation of emotional constancy.
Actually, it really sucks.
I wish we didn't do it.

Few of us are able to step beyond that need to be constantly reassured.
And those of us who can/try ... find it REALLY difficult.
Well, I do, anyway Laughing I really want to be girlie and stamp my feet and shout and cry, but I know it will just drive the object/s of my desire away.

Its not that we're mentally unstable.
We're just ... Ya can't win.
Wink Thumbs Up
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:44 - 12 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, hence we have two schools of men:
1. Bastards; and
2. Pussywhipped.

Take your pick, chaps.
Cos you're gonna be one or the other for your WHOLE life Laughing
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:51 - 12 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll happily take the bastard one.
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:55 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:
I'll happily take the bastard one.


+1... The thing is I'm still loveable and do nice things. Just no precedents damn it. Its kind of like when you are at risk of assassination... avoid all routines!

What I don't get is how men are so constantly suprised by this? Brick Wall

Oh well, keeps my life easier. The absolute best precedent to avoid is the 'crying = won argument + sympathy'... oooooh no, not from me. Crying is blackmail and must be stopped!
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:11 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying is another attention-seeking device a lot of women use too much. Another "look at me" drama effect. Most men seem to have one of two attitudes to it:
1. That crying crap don't work on me, luv; or
2. Oh God, she's crying, I can't cope (and do a runner).

There doesn't really seem to be many who think "Oh God, she's crying, I must try and resolve her problem instantly, the poor little flower." (and those that do are probably pretty sappy, LOL)

I really only cry when I am at my wits end (not very often) and then it means something. Well, it does to me, at least. And those around me who know me well, know "If Jen's crying, its pretty fuckin bad." Laughing
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:12 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time to post this again...
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:14 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking
Now, I found that on an old hard drive a few weeks ago. I printed it out and forgot to take it with me.

You reckon its worth printing out and reading, then, huh?
Must do, its been posted often enough...
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:21 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the one time when the usual BCF advice actually *does* apply.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:23 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I really only cry when I am at my wits end (not very often) and then it means something. Well, it does to me, at least. And those around me who know me well, know "If Jen's crying, its pretty fuckin bad." Laughing


Aye, the current is like that. And prefers to punch me and storm off to cry somewhere. That system I like.

The ex though... Neutral Bah. She used to cry so much it just used to make me laugh. But I got a lot of flack from people. 'Oh shes crying, why aren't you over there apologising etc etc'. Cos she was in the wrong... ?

That said, whilst you may say the two types are 'it don't work' or 'OMFG run'... my experience has always been men pandering to it (your "Oh God, she's crying, I must try and resolve her problem instantly, the poor little flower." scenario), and lots of apologies and nonsense. Especially when girls are crying about break ups etc. Best I've seen are girls crying about getting caught cheating, and the crying actually makes the guy feel sorry for her...

Maybe you just pick the bastards Wink
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:23 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugger... that really does look interesting, actually Rolling Eyes

Prolly I said that last time the link was posted... but now I'm actually committing myself to printing it Laughing
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J0Al1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:24 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its more simple than gender classification. The party thats more into the relationship is more needy. OR, the party that is less secure with themself is more needy.

My X was desperate for me to tell him how much I loved him and how happy he made me. The simple fact that (despite what I said in my last thread when I was being completely irrational), I didn't love him and he knew that because he had caused nothing but tears. He described me as cold and heartless, which is the last thing I am.

I have always believed that women 'can' play games and 'use' their allure to their advantage. It's suprisingley easy, a bid sad, certainly shallow, but shows how weak many men indeed are. NOT a good idea as it does nothing for anyone.

Best start in any relationship that is having difficulties is to look at your own down falls and address them. You can't expect the other member to do anything to fix it unless you have done that.


Last edited by J0Al1 on 12:29 - 13 Nov 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J0Al1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:26 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

1. That crying crap don't work on me, luv; or
2. Oh God, she's crying, I can't cope (and do a runner).

3. I've found her weak spot and can use it
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:36 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeypie wrote:
hellkat wrote:

1. That crying crap don't work on me, luv; or
2. Oh God, she's crying, I can't cope (and do a runner).

3. I've found her weak spot and can use it


Confused
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dalemac
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:06 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice all.

Basically said that she shouldnt be dwelling on the situation when im not around, as it just makes it harder for herself to cope.

im coping fine - she seems to think in not, i prefer to be busy but somehow because i dont call her until the evening she interprets that as her being the last thing on the list of "jobs" to be done or so to speak, which is wrong because if i called in the day and had to go off and do other stuff i would be in a rush - not exxactly when you want to be calling people.

I dont know its hard to describe. I have always been emotionally stable - got a few years of bullying under my belt so know how to not let things/ people get to me, or being a push over. lesson i learned many years ago.

I think high expectations and a lack of confidence are her downfall atm.
____________________
YBR125 -> GPZ500S -> SL1000
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:14 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale_Mckeown wrote:
thanks for the advice all.

Basically said that she shouldnt be dwelling on the situation when im not around, as it just makes it harder for herself to cope.

im coping fine - she seems to think in not, i prefer to be busy but somehow because i dont call her until the evening she interprets that as her being the last thing on the list of "jobs" to be done or so to speak, which is wrong because if i called in the day and had to go off and do other stuff i would be in a rush - not exxactly when you want to be calling people.

I dont know its hard to describe. I have always been emotionally stable - got a few years of bullying under my belt so know how to not let things/ people get to me, or being a push over. lesson i learned many years ago.

I think high expectations and a lack of confidence are her downfall atm.

This is why mobile phones are shit. They mean that people need instant emotional gratification twenty four hours a day just because they can communicate instantly.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale_Mckeown wrote:
somehow because i dont call her until the evening she interprets that as her being the last thing on the list of "jobs" to be done or so to speak,


You need a magic answer - it's because you want to say goodnight and you sleep better that way.

Alternatively sort out Skype so you can have a video-call before bed for free - it's far nicer being able to see each other and will probably make her feel more relaxed too.
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:22 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail to understand this relationship.

You have a mental crying girlfriend some considerable distance away, who is irritating you.

and you are uni, or pussy mecca as it may also be known.

Be a man, get rid of the crying one, and fuck some girls within walking distance. You'll pick up another girlfriend, and another, and another, and eventually you'll find who either isn't crazy (very rare) or is the same blend of crazy as you (slightly less rare).

Then you just need to dispose of her boyfriend (dig the hole and buy the lye first) and you're sorted.

I've had my fair share of manipulative mentalists. If they don't go arse to mouth and deepthroat, it's not even worth considering.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:51 - 13 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

robby wrote:

I've had my fair share of manipulative mentalists. If they don't go arse to mouth and deepthroat, it's not even worth considering.


Amen.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 325 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 1.4 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 141.08 Kb